Madness21

Our Offense vs The Buc's Offense

144 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Could not find a way to make it more condescending and offensive.

No no good sir that was perfect..laughable anyone would even try to twist there mouth to say Winston is even on the same level has Ryan now.better comparison would be him and scam..debate that all day

39 minutes ago, erWOR 404 Player Not Found said:

This is said literally every year. 

Not by me it wasn't, not  until last year. First time I ever said watch out for Bucs and they came on 2nd half of year. 

Barring a key injury, Bucs will be in the hunt next season. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Ummmm I think it doesn't really matter...to be fair it's scheme and our scheme (last year's) was the best all year and 8th best all time. Can we maintain it? That is the question...

I expect it to taper off a Lil bit due to getting use to sarkasians wrinkles in the play book but not by much honestly I think matt I don't wanna use the term clicked but something is different about him now and I think it continues next year.

Edited by RoddyWhite84

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

Really? I think Mike Evans is a top 5 receiver right now. He had a better year than Julio last year imo. Humpries has about 100 more yards and 25+ more catches than turbo.

Stats don't make Humphrey  better than Gabriel. Gabriel forces a defense to play differently. Humphries doesn't do that. Turbo could've had just 3 more catches that put him over 100 more yards than Humphrey's.

What was Humphrey average per catch? That's how you know who did more damage per catch. If a RB carries the ball 300 times he SHOULD have over 1k yards. Does that make him better than Free?? H3ll no!! Humphreys couldn't put a move on a db like Gabriel did in the SB. How many rushing td's did Humphrey have last year? He is no way now how better than turbo.

Evans is good but he ain't on the same planet with Julio yet. Sanu is bigger than jackson so that's an advantage against press. We play press man so I doubt jackson will be a factor when playing us getting off the line unless he plays slot, which I think they will do. They are trying to copy us with Gabriel.

Why would the Bucs copy the falcons of Humphrey was better than Gabriel? Their top 3 wr's are Evans, Jackson, and Jackson. Djax will be their Gabriel this upcoming season. Evans and VJax will be Julio/Sanu. It's a copycat league man. They know they need speed and Humphrey ain't it. 

Slappywhite likes this

I'll say that the Bucs made bigger improvements through FA than the Falcons, and I expect them to make bigger improvements in the draft.  I would add, though, that they needed bigger improvements.  So they'll be closer, maybe a lot closer, but not up to speed with the Falcons yet.  And while Winston is more mobile than Ryan and much better at extending plays, he's still about half the QB Matt is.

And did I mention the Matt Bryant vs. Roberto Aguayo thing?  Holy crap, what a bad move that pick has turned out to be.  But the Bucs have Nick Folk now - one more thing that pulls them closer to Atlanta.

Vandy and Drew4719 like this

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Stats don't make Humphrey  better than Gabriel. Gabriel forces a defense to play differently. Humphries doesn't do that. Turbo could've had just 3 more catches that put him over 100 more yards than Humphrey's.

What was Humphrey average per catch? That's how you know who did more damage per catch. If a RB carries the ball 300 times he SHOULD have over 1k yards. Does that make him better than Free?? H3ll no!! Humphreys couldn't put a move on a db like Gabriel did in the SB. How many rushing td's did Humphrey have last year? He is no way now how better than turbo.

Evans is good but he ain't on the same planet with Julio yet. Sanu is bigger than jackson so that's an advantage against press. We play press man so I doubt jackson will be a factor when playing us getting off the line unless he plays slot, which I think they will do. They are trying to copy us with Gabriel.

Why would the Bucs copy the falcons of Humphrey was better than Gabriel? Their top 3 wr's are Evans, Jackson, and Jackson. Djax will be their Gabriel this upcoming season. Evans and VJax will be Julio/Sanu. It's a copycat league man. They know they need speed and Humphrey ain't it. 

No, Julio makes defenses play differently, which led to open space for Gabriel. Humpries produced more than Gabriel. 

If Evans continues to produce at his current pace, then he'll have better stats than Julio when he turns 28. Still not saying Evans is better, but Evans is elite. DJax will open up space for Evans. Last year Russell Shepherd was their #2, so Djax is a huge upgrade. They'll be a dynamic combo. Djax is effective against man press, which is why most teams play off-coverage against him. He led the league in separation last year. He still has wheels. 

Vjax is old, sucks, and he's not even on the Bucs anymore. They'll play Djax and Mike on the outsides with Humpries in the slot. 

Are ya'll seriously underestimating Evans? The dude is only 23 and already a top 4 receiver in the league. He has 27 TD's in 3 seasons and Julio has 43 in 6. Saying Julio is out of this world better than Evans is very homer-esque.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Realist said:

QB: Clearly we have the advantage with Ryan, but it's hard to compare the two really. Winston is only 23 and has 50 TDs already. Matt was a rookie when he was 23. Winston needs to work on his accuracy/decision making, but he did make improvements in the 2nd half of the season. IMO he'll end up being a great QB.

RB: We have the advantage. Martin/Sims played poorly last year, but Quizz balled out for them. 

WR: Honestly i'd take their top 3 receivers over ours. Evans is a beast, but i'd still take Julio. Jackson is better than Sanu. Humpries is better than Gabriel. 

TE: Brate is much better than Hooper at this point. So Bucs.

O-line: They have the better guards in Marpet/Sweezy and we have the better center and tackles. 

Overall, it all comes down to Winston for them. Jackson adds some much needed speed to their offense. Should open things up for Evans and the running game.

Evans isn't better than Julio. Jackson isn't better than Sanu..you can't compare them. 2 different type of receivers. Humphries isn't better than Gabriel. Brate and Hooper...equal at least.

Edited by mike11571

4 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Are ya'll seriously underestimating Evans? The dude is only 23 and already a top 4 receiver in the league. He has 27 TD's in 3 seasons and Julio has 43 in 6. Saying Julio is out of this world better than Evans is very homer-esque.

Uh, Evans is very good but no he's not yet in Julio's class. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSirjCbbP1c

2 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Nobody is underestimating Evans. He's good. I like him. But at THIS point in time he ain't what Julio is yet. And when Julio came in the league he was sharing the ball with roddy white and Tony Gonzalez. That's why trying to make a numbers comparison doesn't make sense. Evans has been THE guy since he got to Tampa. Julio had two big time Pass catchers in front of him. And I don't recall anybody saying Julio was out of this world better but Evans ain't on Julio's level yet. These are just facts. JULIO wasn't on Julio's level at 23 years old. New Julio would shatter young Julio. Facts. 

Vandy and Drew4719 like this

It looks like TB is going to be throwing deep A LOT this year. That's great and all, but those offenses typically stall out when they meet a good/great pass rush. 

I'm not sure how much the DJax signing will help Winston's decision making either. I think if they want to help him with his INT issues, they should focus on creating more opportunities in the short-intermediate passing game. It seemed to really help Stafford last year before he got injured. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Some guys don't get it bro

Plus it was so ******* clutch, one of best in SB history ....That catch should have sewn up the super bowl for us. <sigh>

2 minutes ago, camfalcon said:

It looks like TB is going to be throwing deep A LOT this year. That's great and all, but those offenses typically stall out when they meet a good/great pass rush. 

I'm not sure how much the DJax signing will help Winston's decision making either. I think if they want to help him with his INT issues, they should focus on creating more opportunities in the short-intermediate passing game. It seemed to really help Stafford last year before he got injured. 

If they draft a hoss RB watch out though ...

13 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Well Julio Jones is spades better than Evans right now. That's not homerism. That's fact.

RoddyWhite84 and Drew4719 like this

2 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Well Julio Jones is spades better than Evans right now. That's not homerism. That's fact.

Can't say it any plainer than that.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Uh, Evans is very good but no he's not yet in Julio's class. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSirjCbbP1c

I never said he is in Julios class but he **** sure is closer to being the dominant receiver that Julio is than anyone else. Don't forget Evans is only 23 he has plenty of time and lots of experience to gain by the time he is even close to Julio's age. 

8 minutes ago, mike11571 said:

Evans isn't better than Julio. Jackson isn't better than Sanu..you can't compare them. 2 different type of receivers. Humphries isn't better than Gabriel. Brate and Hooper...equal at least.

I'm saying their unit as a whole is better than ours. Jackson is a lot better than Sanu wtf are you smoking? The difference between Jackson and Sanu is greater than the difference between Julio and Mike. He has 3,567 yards and 27 touchdowns in his first 3 seasons (46 games). For comparisons sake Julio had 3,480 and 23 TDs in his first 46 games. Brate had like 650 yards and 8 touchdowns next year. Hooper had like 250 yards lol. gtfo.

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

What does that make Benjamin then? lol. Evans has better stats than Julio when you compare their first 3 seasons or 46 games. You could argue he had a better season than julio last year.

Just now, Jerz said:

I never said he is in Julios class but he **** sure is closer to being the dominant receiver that Julio is than anyone else. Don't forget Evans is only 23 he has plenty of time and lots of experience to gain by the time he is even close to Julio's age. 

Exactly. And isn't that want Julio was at 23? A receiver that turned into wjatvhe is now. Had Julio been THE man in atl from day 1 imagine what his numbers would be like? If he was the #1 as a rookie. Crazy!! We all know Evans is the truth. He gives tru absolute h3ll. But he ain't Julio yet. And Collins on Evans slows him down so we might have our answer for Evans when we see him this year. 

Drew4719 and raysnill1 like this