Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atlbaby

Free agent OT Ryan Clady

14 posts in this topic

Free agent Offensive tackle, Ryan Clady days as being a starter is more than likely behind him, so with that being said would you sign him to be our back-up swing tackle? We need depth and signing him to a contract like we gave Jake Long 2 seasons ago would be nice.

1yr - 1.168M

SirrDooley likes this

I don't think there is any way he signs for that amount nor do I think he wants to be a back up.

Love the idea, but I still think he could be an average starter. 

osiruz likes this

No, him and Spoon might be long lost relatives. They're both always hurt.

The more I think about it, I think we will pick Lamp with our 1st pick and have him play RG but also play tackle in emergency situations.

Why does everybody and their dog think that Lamp will be available @ 31?

The guy is the top rated guard in this years draft and will be gone no later than the 25th pick, and most likely we could could get TJ.  Yes its a reach but if the guy fits our Scheme, then it is Not a reach.

Other options would be to get an oversize Tackle ala Clabo'ish and Bingo  instant Road Grader, and with the departure of DiMarco, we either get a FB or a Big ol nasty Tackle.

9 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

The guy is the top rated guard in this years draft and will be gone no later than the 25th pick, and most likely we could could get TJ.  Yes its a reach but if the guy fits our Scheme, then it is Not a reach.

Other options would be to get an oversize Tackle ala Clabo'ish and Bingo  instant Road Grader, and with the departure of DiMarco, we either get a FB or a Big ol nasty Tackle.

The same reason why people think he will be gone.

When did the top rated guard go last year? And besides just because he was the top rated guard doesn't make him the top rated OL. Teams that needed help on their offensive line like the Broncos went out and addressed it during FA. While others have more pressing needs to address before considering a guard like the Texans, who don't have a QB.

Karst41 and slimjim like this

10 hours ago, Karst41 said:

Sounds stupid, man, but only 30 players can go in the first 30 picks. There seems to be about 50 guys who people say are 1st rounders. 

vitaman likes this

1 minute ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Sorry I'm predicting. They need a Tackle in the worst way

and they do not have a 1st round pick due to the horrible Bradford trade.

1 hour ago, atlbaby said:

and they do not have a 1st round pick due to the horrible Bradford trade.

I live in mn and all the fans here say to combat that is his completion percentage lol. Guy had like a 6 ypa

atlbaby likes this