Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PK Manley

Dontari Poe Conference Call

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I want to see the attitude shede comes with now.. I want to see if he puts in work this off season

Shede is gonna shred everyone apart!!!

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

This is just such an awesome pick-up from every possible aspect. I have to confess I'm looking forward to seeing this D on the field as much or more than our history-making offense. It's going to be straight eye-candy to watch after what we've been through recently on that side of the ball.

As long as they're not on the field for 48 minutes lol

papachaz likes this

42 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Fair enough. I'm as excited as anyone, but seeing how he wants to rush the passer more as well as how KCs run defense supposedly "underperformed" with him, I hope we're not getting ahead of ourselves in saying that our run defense problems are solved. I don't think they'll get worse, I'm just curious as to how much better we'll get and if we'll use him as a true NT. It sounds like he wants to be a 3T. I'm not sure. 

Kansas City made him play 2 gap control... no real chance to rush the passer in Kc so he just held his position and ate double teams... here Quinn will let him penetrate and get up the field with Jarrett to flush the qb out to our speed on the edges.. it's got a OPPORTUNITY  to be the best Dline we've seen in Atlanta history.. OPPORTUNITY... it's up to them from here 

NashvilleFalcon01 and JT like this

3 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

There are articles saying that KCs run defense underachieved while Poe was there. What are your thoughts?

Interesting....especially with that talent. I'd like to see the stats backing that up though not that I don't believe you it's just that I could have sworn the chiefs were a complete defense 

but more importantly to answer your question about my thoughts I still believe without a doubt that Poe on this Falcons team just made us a top 10 rush defense 

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

3 minutes ago, JT said:

Interesting....especially with that talent. I'd like to see the stats backing that up though not that I don't believe you it's just that I could have sworn the chiefs were a complete defense 

but more importantly to answer your question about my thoughts I still believe without a doubt that Poe on this Falcons team just made us a top 10 rush defense 

I'll find stats in a minute, but I remember the Falcons being able to run the ball at will against them in the second half. As a matter of fact, the complaint was that the Falcons got too pass happy and didn't run enough despite how bad we were hashing them in the second half (throughout the game honestly). 

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

This is just such an awesome pick-up from every possible aspect. I have to confess I'm looking forward to seeing this D on the field as much or more than our history-making offense. It's going to be straight eye-candy to watch after what we've been through recently on that side of the ball.

I have to admit I almost like this signing as much as when I first heard last year we'd signed Alex. Now, don't all you haters and bandwagon jumpers get all hot and bothered, no I'm not thinking the impact will be equivalent.....

but I do think it could be close  

Lowndesfalc, PokerSteve and JT like this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I'll find stats in a minute, but I remember the Falcons being able to run the ball at will against them in the second half. As a matter of fact, the complaint was that the Falcons got too pass happy and didn't run enough despite how bad we were hashing them in the second half (throughout the game honestly). 

Ehhhh yeah I mean I get where your are going but I rather we talk about a different team that's not a historic offense like us.

Our offense was good enough to beat any top defense in the NFL this past season and it was well proven. Chiefs couldn't handle us but neither could Seahawks, Broncos or any other top rated defense.

we were too balanced as an overall offense, had Beast oline and a two headed monster in the back field in Freeman and Coleman....**** right they can't stop us! Lol...**** I haven't even got started on Julio, sanu, Gabriel yet....followed by our MVP and even the top defenses are going man that's too much to deal with!

Edited by JT

10 minutes ago, JT said:

The Chiefs were 26th against the rush, giving up 121 yards per game. 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

The numbers also show that they were 18th against the pass in terms of yards given up. Without looking at the numbers, they were a clutch defense, making plays when they had to. They had an excellent turnover margin and they made stops in the red zone. That's how they beat us. I'll see if the numbers back me up in a bit. I'm off to get some pizza!

I trust Quinn's eyes.  He will put Poe in a position to excel.  

KC had a lousy run defense, but in that scheme, Poe was given a set of responsibilities.  Quinn plans to alter those responsibilities and in doing so, will likely bring out the best in Poe.  

I like a starting lineup that features Jarrett and Poe working the interior.