xtip

Main position of need right now

96 posts in this topic

We really need a RG..it's the only position we don't have a true starter.

I know having Mack and Schraeder will help whoever we decide to start, but seems like it's a true weak spot on this team. I know we play excellent DTs twice a year in our division..

Would u be ok with resigning Chester, starting someone that's already on the team, or starting a rookie straight out the draft??

We loaded everywhere else!! Go Falcons!!

I love people who count out the guy who almost took the starting spot from chester in preseason just because he was inactive due to garland playing both ways... 

honestly we need LB depth bc Reynolds and ish are not real depth, we need a good swing tackle with schrader and jake getting nicked up a good bit. We need FS depth, long story short the Falcons can go BPA after the 2nd or 3rd round probably 

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Why can't Garland or Schweitzer do it?

I'd like to see Garland with a real chance at it, but I think we draft someone in the mid rounds. I don't see it as our first round pick. 

I have a feeling were moving up in the first round for a defensive piece. Just don't know which one.

1 minute ago, B_84falcons said:

I think people forget  schweitzer almost beat chester out for the starting spot during the pre season. I think we will be fine. Drafting one should be for depth IMO

I think Schweitzer will be fine. We need another pass rusher. I don't expect Beasley to put up another 15.5 sacks this year, and im not knocking him, dude needs help on the other side. After getting a DE, I really think we can go BPA and depth the rest of the way, which is a good luxury.

Monolith2001 likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't believe we have or had a main position of need. We have positions that could use an upgrade and/or depth. Would say the group I would look at first is still the same Pre-Poe: LB/DE/OG then the next group DT/S. 

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17

Just now, blackredfellow said:

I think Schweitzer will be fine. We need another pass rusher. I don't expect Beasley to put up another 15.5 sacks this year, and im not knocking him, dude needs help on the other side. After getting a DE, I really think we can go BPA and depth the rest of the way, which is a good luxury.

I agree 110% we need someone opposite beastly that can make an immediate impact. With the addition of poe and jarret stepping up it helps, but an additional  CONSISTENT* rush from the other side is a big need if he wants to match that production this season

Monolith2001 likes this

Posted (edited)

Would love a young DE.

Another speedy LB would be nice to replace Wheeler.

RG is a position of need but it is also a position that can be handily filled in the 3rd or 4th.

If the coaches think that Wes can start at RG I would be drafting an LG (not in the first) to replace Levitre next year.

*Late round OT as well since we don't have much behind Jake and Schraeder*

Edited by quotemokc

If the falcons are confident in Schweitzer, and they thought enough of him to keep him on the 53 man roster all year long [rather than putting him on the PS and having him get poached], then they really just need quality depth everywhere, except for one more stud front 7.

Get the stud at 31, rest of draft is for depth, eventual replacements.

Vandy likes this

17 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I love people who count out the guy who almost took the starting spot from chester in preseason just because he was inactive due to garland playing both ways... 

honestly we need LB depth bc Reynolds and ish are not real depth, we need a good swing tackle with schrader and jake getting nicked up a good bit. We need FS depth, long story short the Falcons can go BPA after the 2nd or 3rd round probably 

Reynolds and Ismael are the definition of real depth

5 minutes ago, B_84falcons said:

I agree 110% we need someone opposite beastly that can make an immediate impact. With the addition of poe and jarret stepping up it helps, but an additional  CONSISTENT* rush from the other side is a big need if he wants to match that production this season

Man, I love the Poe signing. Poe is huge (literally and figuratively). Grady is gonna be able to get so much pressure now if he's not eating up double teams. The thing with Beasley is speed around the edge. If he overshoots, the QB can step up. But if Grady is collapsing the pocket right in their face, the QB has no out! We just need someone consistent just like you said on the other side. I can almost envision a time very soon where QBs facing us don't have the safe little pocket they used to!

1 minute ago, mtldirtybird said:

Reynolds and Ismael are the definition of real depth

I guess I need to state it better, Reynolds is not ideal depth, great special teamer but not someone you want starting full time, ish is not someone you want starting for extended number of games at lb either in case of injury.. hence why we need more lb depth...

Still wanting us to sign a seasoned FA guard ala Chester or someone similar to be backup plan in case Wes isn't the guy. 

socalriseup likes this

One thing Shanny and Mack showed us, how important it is to have a great OL. No more just plugging in anyone as we have done in the past. Actually Chester wasn't as bad as some try to portray him. I say don't just settle, get the best OL possible plus deprh.

Xero likes this

Posted (edited)

I know it's not the same falcons but I remember even just a few years back, we had O linemen like Lamar Holmes, Peter Konz, Joe Hawley, Garrett Reynolds, Will Svitek, and Mike Johnson and thought they were the answer and we all know how that ended up

Edited by xtip

30 minutes ago, B_84falcons said:

I think people forget  schweitzer almost beat chester out for the starting spot during the pre season. I think we will be fine. Drafting one should be for depth IMO

Him not beating out Chester says something. It was a 2 man battle and Chester won, being the fact he was our weakest link, what does that say about the other guy?

2 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Him not beating out Chester says something. It was a 2 man battle and Chester won, being the fact he was our weakest link, what does that say about the other guy?

Schweitzer was a late round rookie and Chester is a seasoned vet

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, xtip said:

Schweitzer was a late round rookie and Chester is a seasoned vet

Late round, EXACTLY!

Edited by TRUju2111

2 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Could mean Wes just wasn't ready yet. Chester was the weakest link on a "good" line. Not a poor one. 

The Daywalker and Slappywhite like this

Just now, YoungHeezy said:

Could mean Wes just wasn't ready yet. Chester was the weakest link on a "good" line. Not a poor one. 

My point is we need to bring another guy in to compete and hopefully its someone with more upside

falconsrus and Karst41 like this