Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UnrealfalcoN

Poe's listed as 346lbs...

28 posts in this topic

which is the same 346lbs he weighed coming out of Memphis...

It's 2017 and this man is still listed as 346lbs??

5743950.jpg

DontariPoe.jpg

hi-res-b131698f14adc6264de887f621e878ca_

dontari.jpg

I know it's weird discussing a man's weight but this is our big FA move. No doubt about it guys, this is one BIIG ol boy and at whatever weight he's playing at; he's still a homing missile gunning after QBs when he's not tossing airborne TDs. If he can get to his NORMAL weight of around the 345lb range, this man is going to shine bright on this defense. Coach Q and the brotherhood will watch over him and get him where he needs to be.

Looks like apparently weight control is something that Poe has been dealing with for a few years.

--

Cheif's Chris Jones poking fun at Poe being listed as 346lbs

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article126639339.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/dontari-poe-gives-up-barbecue-drops-15-20-pounds/

19 minutes ago, SN4ttERboXxer said:

how I'm feeling about this d line

riapL9o.gif

I'm thinking you'll be feeling even better after the draft B)

This is from 2013

Chiefs second-year NT Dontari Poe quit eating barbecue last June and has dropped 15-20 pounds.

"It might be the hardest thing I’ve had to do since I’ve been here," said Poe, the No. 11 overall pick last year. "I’m trying to cut out the beef and the pork and stay away from the fried foods. And stay away from the barbecue." As a result, Poe has reportedly been nearly unblockable in training camp. He weighed around 350 pounds as a rookie, but Poe is now down to a healthier 335.

24 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

This is from 2013

Chiefs second-year NT Dontari Poe quit eating barbecue last June and has dropped 15-20 pounds.

"It might be the hardest thing I’ve had to do since I’ve been here," said Poe, the No. 11 overall pick last year. "I’m trying to cut out the beef and the pork and stay away from the fried foods. And stay away from the barbecue." As a result, Poe has reportedly been nearly unblockable in training camp. He weighed around 350 pounds as a rookie, but Poe is now down to a healthier 335.

Durability hasn't really been a problem with him. THe fewest games he's ever started is 13 in 2015 and he still played in 15 total games. He played in all 16 games last year, and played 16 full games in 2012 and 2014. Played in 15 games in 2013, so he's tough and dependable.

We rotate a lot as well, so I see Poe getting plenty of breathers. This is a good signing. So if bbq helps him, I say go for it lol

Drew4719 and Knight of God like this

31 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

This is from 2013

yup, I had that linked last in my first post :D

but he definitely looks big now. Also Chris Jones' comments

5 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Durability hasn't really been a problem with him. THe fewest games he's ever started is 13 in 2015 and he still played in 15 total games. He played in all 16 games last year, and played 16 full games in 2012 and 2014. Played in 15 games in 2013, so he's tough and dependable.

We rotate a lot as well, so I see Poe getting plenty of breathers. This is a good signing. So if bbq helps him, I say go for it lol

Haha i don't know if the BBQ helped him or not. The following season was one of his worst seasons as a run defender, but one of his best as a pass rusher. But thats also playing the nose in a 3-4. 

Atlanta aint known for its BBQ like KC is either so i could see him drop a few lbs. 

0 for 51, Drew4719 and UnrealfalcoN like this

Just now, Clark Kent™ said:

Haha i don't know if the BBQ helped him or not. The following season was one of his worst seasons as a run defender, but one of his best as a pass rusher. But thats also playing the nose in a 3-4. 

Atlanta aint known for its BBQ like KC is either so i could see him drop a few lbs. 

ha ha true. It will be interesting to see him in an even front that has some 34 principles. I expect he'll be using both of those skill sets. I love the signing

4 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

"I know it's weird discussing a man's weight but this is our big FA move." 

You're talking to the group that used to discuss Alge's backside....

ShmevinShmarris likes this

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

All this really does is make me want to go to KG to get some BBQ!

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

That's interesting... Hope we see more of that pass rushing so he's balanced.

I'd be surprised if there aren't weight clauses in his contract with the Falcons.  Since he's won't be playing straight over the center, like he did at KC, he'll be better off playing a bit lighter and quicker.

Seems odd calling 335ish light :)

We can use Poe in short yardage on offense too. Poe scored a rushing TD each of the last 2 seasons within a yard from goalline. Can you imagaine being Robert Alford trying to stuff him on goalline with a full head of steam? Lol

Poe also threw a TD pass last year and had a higher completion percentage than Tom Brady for the year :)

PokerSteve likes this

Now is the time for Poe to get on a weight loss program.  We don't want him to be crashing on a diet the month before training camp.  Let's hope that our FO has already arranged for his work-out and dietary program.  

If he shows up at TC at 330lbs, we will be golden.  Georgia Gold.  

PK Manley, Crunksauce and atlbaby like this

His two Pro Bowl seasons were at 330ish. Then they decided to make him pretty much exclusively a double team-taker and run stuffer - hence bringing back Bennie Logan on the same size deal. 

If he gets to 320-330, he'll be lighter but still helI to handle. As long as his back keeps healing, less snaps should help him a ton. Him and Grady Jarrett in the middle...ooh-la-la.

gazoo, atlbaby and PK Manley like this

3 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

His two Pro Bowl seasons were at 330ish. Then they decided to make him pretty much exclusively a double team-taker and run stuffer - hence bringing back Bennie Logan on the same size deal. 

If he gets to 320-330, he'll be lighter but still helI to handle. As long as his back keeps healing, less snaps should help him a ton. Him and Grady Jarrett in the middle...ooh-la-la.

Yeah, throw in Hageman too.

Poe could do for the DLine what Mack did for the Oline, that'd be so much fun. So tired of hearing Archer say about the opposing QB : He steps up in the pocket"

5 hours ago, falconidae said:

And the same group that asked for god's healing hand on Abe's groin.

Haha indeed we did.

7 hours ago, etherdome said:

Now is the time for Poe to get on a weight loss program.  We don't want him to be crashing on a diet the month before training camp.  Let's hope that our FO has already arranged for his work-out and dietary program.  

If he shows up at TC at 330lbs, we will be golden.  Georgia Gold.  

5 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Good calls.  Cross posting this from another thread...

Romfal likes this

I am pretty sure I heard Chernoff say that there was a weight clause or bonus in the contract, but I was only listening for a minute. 

4 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

I am pretty sure I heard Chernoff say that there was a weight clause or bonus in the contract, but I was only listening for a minute. 

$500k weight bonus