FentayeJones

Jags Offered Poe More $

82 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Nah, he can't

The lack of tax in Florida would've allowed him to keep more of his check.

He can't make more here, even if there's more incentives on his contract here, and I haven't seen any reports saying that there are.

There are incentives giving him up to $10mil

But it's about more than the money - it's about an opportunity to contend and show what he can do.    He's wanting to bump his price up going forward - and he will if he works hard and does well.

For the Falcons, if it works out and he's good - they'll wrap him up with a new contract - and we go forward - if not, they're not tied in with any dead money after the year.

Godzilla1985 and PokerSteve like this

7 minutes ago, Tandy said:

For the Falcons, if it works out and he's good - they'll wrap him up with a new contract - and we go forward - if not, they're not tied in with any dead money after the year.

same thing we did with Clayborn

Tandy likes this

15 minutes ago, Tandy said:

There are incentives giving him up to $10mil

But it's about more than the money - it's about an opportunity to contend and show what he can do.    He's wanting to bump his price up going forward - and he will if he works hard and does well.

He had incentives on the Jags deal too. My point was there hasn't a report saying we offered more incentives than they did. If they offered 2 as well, then it's a wash.

If Bortles ever figures it out, the Jags are going to be a deadly team. For once the AFC South doesn't look like a total disaster. The Jags have so much defensive talent, and a lot of WR talent too. If they improve their OL, Bortles will improve as will their running game. 

There is a TON of reason to want to play for the Jags right now. 

5 hours ago, Karst41 said:

Poe will make about the same or more more in Atlanta than Jax.

There is no state tax in Florida, so chances are he would have made more there.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

If Bortles ever figures it out, the Jags are going to be a deadly team. For once the AFC South doesn't look like a total disaster. The Jags have so much defensive talent, and a lot of WR talent too. If they improve their OL, Bortles will improve as will their running game. 

There is a TON of reason to want to play for the Jags right now. 

To bad Brotles is horrible. They aren't going anywhere with him. They should honestly think of drafting a QB at #4. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

To bad Brotles is horrible. They aren't going anywhere with him. They should honestly think of drafting a QB at #4. 

It takes time for leaders to grow. You have to want it and battle. The jags have no leaders and when you don't develop players you don't create pride and unity. Blake's a decent guy but you got to want it. Even with all that talent you gotta get the most out of it. Being rich and famous man and feeling that high is why I think ppl don't last in the league. There is too much time off between the season and if players don't know each other or want to get to know each other than you get teams like the jags n jets.  Football is as much about ego and pride and getting along with as it is about talent. 

Edited by SirrDooley
Falconsfan567 likes this

If you look around the NFL not a lot of teams have that sense of team is family type atmosphere that's why I think ppl who doubt us and bring up history are full of ****.  You don't know us bitccch if you think about it.  The locker room is strong and everyone is bought in you know we are about to work harder and be more motivated than these other teams. I don't see how the Panthers sucs or aints are just gonna turn it "on" with the same guy's. 

Crazy Trav likes this

7 hours ago, Tandy said:

And he showed so much promise.   What is it with Jax and quarterbacks?    

Garrard, Gabbert, Leftwich, half-Henne and Bortles.

After Brunell it just went downhill for them.

This is all true 

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Jaguars have a lot of individual talent on defense but they must get better as a unit. I also disagree with your assessment of Blake Bortles. In 2015 he had 35 TD passes and 18 INT's. 18 INT's is a bit high but 35 TD passes is impressive. Matt Ryan's only topped that once in his career.

That's not a complete representation of his overall performance though. He chokes more than Romo 

youngbloodz and Godzilla1985 like this

10 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

DQ has a magic tongue 

10 hours ago, SirrDooley said:

We didn't low ball him either tho.  

Pause men.... Pause

9 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

That usually works with women, not football players. 

You don't completely know that 

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

12 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Quinn is the ultimate Trump card. Wouldn't take any other coach in the leauge over him including Belichick. Can't wait to see how much he improves as a head coach over the next few years. No HC has a better personality than him. 

Best coach we've ever had and its not even close.

Falconsfan567 likes this

13 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Quinn is the ultimate Trump card. Wouldn't take any other coach in the leauge over him including Belichick. Can't wait to see how much he improves as a head coach over the next few years. No HC has a better personality than him. 

I concur!!!

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Quinn was THE FACTOR  + Money + Team success + Probably City/Stadium.

Pioli was the link to get Falcons interested in Poe - not the other way around.   Oh well, POE is here, let's quit arguing about it.

Unless either of you have personally spoken to Dontari, neither of you know anything definitive and you are merely speculating like everyone else.  Watching both of you pounding your chests for the past couple days like you are in the know is pretty comical.

Edited by Clark
RoddyWhite84 and Godzilla1985 like this

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's not a complete representation of his overall performance though. He chokes more than Romo 

I disagree. I think it's far too early to label him a choker. Let's see how he does if the defense actually starts holding up their end of the deal to take some pressure off of him. I've seen him pull off a couple comeback wins that shows he's at least capable. Also you don't rack up a 35 TD pass season by constantly choking. I don't care how it's done but 35 TD passes in a season is impressive because it doesn't happen all the time.

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pause men.... Pause

You don't completely know that 

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks.

2 hours ago, Clark said:

Unless either of you have personally spoken to Dontari, neither of you know anything definitive and you are merely speculating like everyone else.  Watching both of you pounding your chests for the past couple days like you are in the know is pretty comical.

Dontari? Yes

But Fatboi actually has NFL players as his sources saying that it's important to them.

I'd call that just a little bit more than just his "speculating."

9 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

It's a breath of fresh air to see good players wanting to play in ATL. Even better to hear for less money than offered somewhere else. Now stop giving away Lombardi trophies and build a dynasty.

nod.gif

Godzilla1985 likes this

25 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Dontari? Yes

But Fatboi actually has NFL players as his sources saying that it's important to them.

I'd call that just a little bit more than just his "speculating."

Because he claims to have friends in the league doesn't mean anything to this particular situation. So yes, it's speculation. 

1 hour ago, Clark said:

Because he claims to have friends in the league doesn't mean anything to this particular situation. So yes, it's speculation. 

I don't claim I do. Justin Houston is a relative as well as Jeremy Mincey. Asante Samuel, William Moore, Spoon, Shannon Brown(NBA), Roy Jones Jr. actually did his ring music for him, and that's just a few. I have conversations with guys that the average fan can't even see unless it's game day. Im a music producer. Athletes love music/rappers and are always coming out to events. I've heard and seen things that'll make your head spin and probably hate some of your favorite players. 

in any business relationships go a long way. Whether it's sports, music, law, medicine, or the average everyday 9-5 etc...It's all about relationships in some capacity. At least for ppl trying to move up in the world and not being content with just having a job. Where do you think the phrase "it's not what you know it's who you know" comes from? That's also why not "burning bridges" is huge. Black balled is because relationships are bad  

The relationship doesn't mean you will take the job but it at least got a conversation started or put you in front of another person you wanted to get close to. Agents have relationships with coaches/gm's and that's how teams get tryouts from so called "washed up" players a lot of times.

Its more factual than speculation believe me. This is business. I'm a business man. I talk to business minded ppl. Right now I'm working on some music for the Falcons because I have a RELATIONSHIP with ppl that have played there and my publicists has a relationship with TD. He wanted to hire her to do PR work for the team. 

None of you guys have ever had relationships that helped you make a decision in the world?? Personal or business?? 

4 hours ago, Clark said:

I know a lot. Justin and Dontari talk. Former teammates. A call to my cousin is all it took. I don't feel like I have to give every single detail of how I find out information. Plus it's fun debating with other Falcons fans. Just know when I actually do say something I actually heard from somebody close to the situation. As for pounding my chest I was telling him what I heard, although I didn't disclose that. He made it more than what it should've been. 

Clark and hjerry like this