TonyMartin80

Who is the worst/or most disappointing Falcons player we have had since 1993?

175 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

Ridiculous point about head coach smith. 

I know. I guess I should of explained his inability to make halftime adjustments, or how he lost the locker room with dumb decisions like calling timeouts for the other team that helped them win the game. Oh then saying dumb things like some plays in a game don't matter and sacks are overrated. Love the guy but he's not head coach material.

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I know. I guess I should of explained his inability to make halftime adjustments, or how he lost the locker room with dumb decisions like calling timeouts for the other team that helped them win the game. Oh then saying dumb things like some plays in a game don't matter and sacks are overrated. Love the guy but he's not head coach material.

You don't post 5 consecutive winning seasons in the NFL by being a dumbass. Your post is absolutely ridiculous.

Vandy likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

You don't post 5 consecutive winning seasons in the NFL by being a dumbass. Your post is absolutely ridiculous.

You don't keep a headcoaching job in the NFL by being a "dumbass" either. Considering he was let go I must be right. If he wasn't a "dumbass" he would still be the Falcons head coach. 

it is a tie between Ray Edwards and Jamaal Anderson.  Both were brought in with the expectation of giving us a finisher on the other side of Abraham, and neither played anywhere close to expectations.  In fact Edwards severely underperformed based on past numbers, and Anderson was just a bust from the start.

Falconjerome likes this

7 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

How ironic you criticizing smith of saying dumb things....

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

How ironic you criticizing smith of saying dumb things....

How ironic that you say that but don't back it up with any material. Looks like I'm right.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

How ironic that you say that but don't back it up with any material. Looks like I'm right.

Definition of insanity. Doesn't matter what I say, your simpleton mind is made up. 

Edited by Vandy

11 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

You don't keep a headcoaching job in the NFL by being a "dumbass" either. Considering he was let go I must be right. If he wasn't a "dumbass" he would still be the Falcons head coach. 

Wow! Talk about delusional! Pete Carroll has won a Super Bowl and was fired as a HC twice previously before winning that Super Bowl. Bill Belichick has won 5 Super Bowls and was fired previously before winning those Super Bowls. Mike Shanahan won 2 Super Bowls and was fired previously before winning those Super Bowls. Do I need to continue with just how dumb this line of thinking is?

Vandy likes this

11 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

So are you saying a dumbass can get 56 wins in 5 years with 4 playoff appearances and an NFCCG appearance? People don't turn into "dumbasses" either. I mean I get that Smitty wasn't the greatest coach out there but calling him a "dumbass" and saying that 2 years of failure is equivalent to 5 years of success is pretty unfair 

Falconsfan567, Vandy and Geneaut like this

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

So are you saying a dumbass can get 56 wins in 5 years with 4 playoff appearances and an NFCCG appearance? People don't turn into "dumbasses" either. I mean I get that Smitty wasn't the greatest coach out there but calling him a "dumbass" and saying that 2 years of failure is equivalent to 5 years of success is pretty unfair 

Pretty much this.  Look, I have my beef with Mike Smith like many do, but not because he wasn't a good coach.  He, along with Matt Ryan and Michael Turner, lead a resurrection that this franchise desperately needed.  He brought stability to an unstable franchise and he led many many successful years.  I think he got in his own way many times when the money was on the line and probably cost us at least one superbowl appearance, but at the end of the day Mike Smith is a good guy and a good coach that the players respected.

Vandy likes this

45 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Definition of insanity. Doesn't matter what I say, your simpleton mind is made up. 

I know I've won when you have to resort to name calling and put downs. Remember it's against the rules. Anyway I'm going to block you so you don't waste any more of my time. 

37 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wow! Talk about delusional! Pete Carroll has won a Super Bowl and was fired as a HC twice previously before winning that Super Bowl. Bill Belichick has won 5 Super Bowls and was fired previously before winning those Super Bowls. Mike Shanahan won 2 Super Bowls and was fired previously before winning those Super Bowls. Do I need to continue with just how dumb this line of thinking is?

Mike Smith will never win a super bowl as a head coach. It doesn't matter how many examples you have he isn't them and he never will be.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I know I've won when you have to resort to name calling and put downs. Remember it's against the rules. Anyway I'm going to block you so you don't waste any more of my time. 

What exactly it is you think you've won, frenzy?

you should put yourself on block.

Edited by Vandy
Falconsfan567 likes this

24 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Hey I loved what Mike Smith did while he was here. He brought stability to a franchise in turmoil. Yep 5 consecutive winning seasons. Only 2 losing seasons. Problem is the team was done. How far they fell to the bottom was only going to be determined by how long he was allowed to stay HC.

31 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Saying it's "Unfair" is being too kind. The poster is being a big "dummy &$!" himself. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

14 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Mike Smith will never win a super bowl as a head coach. It doesn't matter how many examples you have he isn't them and he never will be.

9 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Hey I loved what Mike Smith did while he was here. He brought stability to a franchise in turmoil. Yep 5 consecutive winning seasons. Only 2 losing seasons. Problem is the team was done. How far they fell to the bottom was only going to be determined by how long he was allowed to stay HC.

Maybe or maybe not. There was once a time where Tony Dungy was "never going to win the SB" either. Dungy was a good "regular season" coach who's teams routinely got "outcoached and outplayed" in the playoffs. But guess what happened? He finally won the Super Bowl. I'm not saying Mike Smith will ever win the Super Bowl but your logic is extremely silly.

Vandy and Geneaut like this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Maybe or maybe not. There was once a time where Tony Dungy was "never going to win the SB" either. Dungy was a good "regular season" coach who's teams routinely got "outcoached and outplayed" in the playoffs. But guess what happened? He finally won the Super Bowl. I'm not saying Mike Smith will ever win the Super Bowl but your logic is extremely silly.

There's more examples of coaches not winning a super bowl than winning one. How's that for logic.

1. Jamaal busterson: this one takes the cake. He was a top10 pick guarantwed to start. He had a good highlight tape in college. He came in and literally didn't do jack chyt but cost us in penalties on the field and had a bad attitude. He was LOVED by gazoo and other Homers.

2. Sack maker: He was given a huge albatross contract which hurt us for years after a disappointing first 4 years. 

3. Ed hurtwell: Was supposed to be a star lber. Spent most of his time on IR.

4. D-robbery: Dunta Robinson was supposed to be a good cover corner who we paid bug bucks. He was horrible in coverage. 

5. Michael Junkins: for a first round pick he had nominal talent. 

41 minutes ago, osiruz said:

5. Michael Junkins: for a first round pick he had nominal talent. 

I got to quibble with that one. MJ12 was the 7th WR taken in that draft so you can't exactly expect top of the first round production from him. He ended playing like the 7th best WR in that draft. He wasn't even our first 1st rounder in that draft ... we pick Deangelo Hall earlier. Only 2 WRs from that draft ever even made the Pro Bowl so with the exception of those 2 guys ( Larry Fitz and Roy Williams ) it was a fairly pedestrian WR class.

Underwhelming career, but it wasn't like he a giant hole of crap when he was on the field. He made enough plays that I have a hard time including him the same grouping as the other 4 guys you mention.

23 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I got to quibble with that one. MJ12 was the 7th WR taken in that draft so you can't exactly expect top of the first round production from him. He ended playing like the 7th best WR in that draft. He wasn't even our first 1st rounder in that draft ... we pick Deangelo Hall earlier. Only 2 WRs from that draft ever even made the Pro Bowl so with the exception of those 2 guys ( Larry Fitz and Roy Williams ) it was a fairly pedestrian WR class.

Underwhelming career, but it wasn't like he a giant hole of crap when he was on the field. He made enough plays that I have a hard time including him the same grouping as the other 4 guys you mention.

Could've got the same production from a third rounder like cotcherry for example.

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

There's more examples of coaches not winning a super bowl than winning one. How's that for logic.

How many of them posted 5 straight winning seasons?

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How many of them posted 5 straight winning seasons?

I don't know. I bet none of them cost his team a game by calling timeouts for the other teams offense.