shanep

regarding the poe signing......rest of NFL south saying "oh sh#$!!!!"

172 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Love Lawson at 31 for us man. Perfect compliment to Beasley 

As an Auburn fan Carl Lawson's injury history scares the heIl outta me.

Jerz likes this

21 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

So I guess last season didn't count when Julio only had 1/3 catches 1v1 on Bradberry for 5 yards total?

Don't forget the pass interference call either.

3 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Should I remind you Daryl Williams shut down Vic Beasley in both games?

Don't believe me? Check out how sackless Beasley went against the Panthers.

Trai Turner will be fine with Poe, and Andrew Norwell will be the white buffalo beast he is against Jarrett. Ryan Kalil will be the captain of the ship. 

Only questions I have is LT. If Matt Kalil returns to form, then we got a good o-line. Of course, not banking on that, so whoever is your rookie DE on that side will likely have a field day.

As we learned this year what was done last year really doesn't matter. No doubt Poe was one of the hot free agents this year and the Falcons got him at a **** good rate.

Its not just about the 2 games head to head with the Panties though. Poe greatly adds to the rotation  hopefully inspires Hageman etc to be more consistent. Who knows what the season looks like but on March 16th Poe was just what the doctor ordered for the early free agency signing period.

2 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Julius Peppers still had 7 sacks last year, and was more productive in pass rushing than Vic Beasley according to PFF.

Adams was just a probowler last year. You really think he's not an upgrade over Tre Boston by far?

Fair enough on Kuechly, but I doubt it's that serious in all honesty. That's stretching the case, and we even have a solid MLB in Mayo should things be unfortunate.

CJ been providing consistent pressure, and that's all we really need from him now while Peppers and Addison are our main pass rushers.

Whatever rookie DEs we pick up, I'd be surprised if they get much playing time. They'd only come in for certain small situations and really just be mentored up.

Jury's out on Kalil, and I don't have much to say. He's proven he can be dominant, but question is will he ever return to his form.

Kelvin Benjamin wasn't expected to be 100% until 2017. His knee was swelling and irritating him after the 49ers game. I can relink an article if you're doubting it. Prior to that, he scorched the Broncos secondary and made the 49ers look like a joke.

Cam gets a healthy line now this year. When he doesn't trust his o-line, you see him start getting erratic with him worrying about the rush he expects to come fast. Something certainly fixable with health and training. His mechanics though have always been bad, even in 2015, but we kept winning games. Could he finetune it? Sure, but he still can win with mechanics that make high school QBs look professional.

You'd rather have Peppers than Beasley? No, then get out with that nonsense. 

Yeah, Peppers and Adams can give you another year, but they may not. If you have to play either as full time starters, I think they'll wear down over the season.

And Keuchly has a serious problem with concussions, you're denial doesn't change that.

Everybody made the 49ers look like a joke

What healthy Oline? Kalil? really?Oher?

CJ providing consistent pressure, is that the same as saying he doesn't get sacks any more?

There's a ton of "If"s in your evaluation of your team- If Kalil is healthy, if Keuchely can stay on the field, if Cam regains his form, If Benjamin progresses, if the RB you draft is a good one, and on and on.

I get it, you're a panthers fan, and a homer, no problem with either one of those things, but it would be easy for the panthers season to go south again.

Cam has taken more hits than anyone in the league since he got here, he only missed one game last year, but he was beat the #### up. That takes its toll on a body, if Kalil isn't the answer at LT, he'll face the same thing again.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You'd rather have Peppers than Beasley? No, then get out with that nonsense. 

Actually, yes. I rather would have Peppers than Beasley. When one of our backup tackles shut down a guy like him in two games, you know there's a bit of an overrated flash to him.

And does everyone make the Broncos secondary look like jokes? 

And sorry. I promise last time today I'm talking about the Panthers.

Edited by SamMills51

2 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Actually, yes. I rather would have Peppers than Beasley. When one of our backup tackles shut down a guy like him in two games, you know there's a bit of an overrated flash to him.

Trying to figure out what Peppers did last year against the Falcons....cant recall

Drew4719, BamaBirdLady and MSalmon like this

4 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the Superbowl. 

And Cam blew......oh well....nvm. LOL......it's a joke so dont get butt hurt. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

I hope that kool aid  tastes good.

Beasley was not shut down....He may not have gotten sacks but he was a constant force

Sam seems to forget that the falcons scored over 80 points vs the panthers this year

But yeah some how tha panthers defense is sooooo scary.

81 points

SirrDooley likes this

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Trying to figure out what Peppers did last year against the Falcons....cant recall

GIF

On Green Bay, he did get a sack on Ryan in a four man rush.

Hope that jogs your memory.

Edited by SamMills51

1 minute ago, SamMills51 said:

OK, now you're just talking nonsense, and ignoring the parts of my post your can't counter.

I can promise you Rivera wants Beasley more than Peppers, he just doesn't have a choice...

You go right on believing that Beasley isn't all that. And that every move the panthers make this off season will work out.

30 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

So Bradberry only covered julio 5 times the whole game?  And gave up 1 completion and a pass interference in those 5 attempts?

It was Julios first game back from injury..he didn't play much because he was still hurt.  When he did play he only ran a straight line because he couldn't cut on his hurt foot.  Then once we got a big enough lead he got pulled from the game completely 

10 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

GIF

On Green Bay, he did get a sack on Ryan in a four man rush.

Hope that jogs your memory.

I remember two wins and a beat down in the NFCCG. I guess i forgot that 1 sack in two games. Thanks

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

30 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Dude......you seem like a good guy but come on.

6611168.gif

SamMills51 likes this

5 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

He could easily be gone to the Panthers 8th pick, and I would not complain one bit. I'm even considering him above guys like Fournette at this point in terms of immediate impact on offense.

Doesn't matter, your QBs trash.

A-TowN.- likes this

39 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

You mean Peppers 10 years ago?

5 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the Superbowl. 

Panthers got beat in the super bowl, then got rid of their best corner over the offseason and went 6-10.

Falcons lost the Super Bowl, signed a top FA at their weakest position, and got stronger.

i may just bookmark this and come back this time next year when the Falcons have double digit wins and a playoff berth  again.

Not sure why anyone is even entertaining this Sam guy any longer. After his post, "I didn't say I was scared, I said I was worried", confirmed all I needed to know about dude. Stop wasting yalls' time. 

SirrDooley likes this

Just want to put this out here ~ the Panthers have not beat us since Dec 13, 2015. Just sayin... in case some people forget