FalconOdense

Quinn: "I do want Poe"

62 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Below average? Lmao, ok.

We have lost starters. Have not required any starters. How do you rate it?

15 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

What starters have we lost?

To be fair I don't like the offseason so far.

DiMarco, Chester,... Babs to some degree.

I know they are not Hall of Famers, but still starters. At least the first two.

Just now, The Daywalker said:

March 15, 2017 

Your opinion is noted, but I'm confident that it will be out of date and you will be proved wrong as early as tomorrow.

The Daywalker and Jerz like this

45 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

Dumbest thing Ive read among others these past two weeks...

Im assuming you are referring to a most likely retiring RG at the age of 35, that was the worst starter on the OL?

And of course the fan favroite, yet only used in 30% of offense snaps, UDFA starting FB? We will easily replace DiMarco with an UDFA...just like we did with DiMarco...

Any other starters we lost? Weems? Upgraded with Roberts.

Babs? He's a 35 year old DT that is going to retire...

And we added a Base DE, rotational 3T DL in Crawford....

Id say the NFC Champions have done well...

Draft well and develop is the recipe for success...not paying other teams castaways....

dimarco wasn't a 'starter' per se, he played in 31.2% of all offensive plays last year. Chester was the weakest link on an otherwise pretty stellar OL, and can be replaced relatively easily IMO we already have his replacement on the roster.

We've allowed some guys who have gotten on up there in years to go, with the draft still ahead of us. This has been FAR from a 'below average' offseason. Nothing spectacular has happened for or against us. That's how it is when a team doesn't have a lot of glaring holes to fill. We've become so used to having multiple glaring holes, it's almost habit to panic in the offseason when we don't make a splash

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

Chester and Babs haven't signed with anybody.  Both could be brought back if we cannot fill the holes.  The holes are not that big and we have the draft and free agency is not over.

DiMarco is replaceable, just like Ovie and Christian and Griffin and every other fullback...

It's all good...I really felt like Poe was perfect to change the whole d line but maybe we get lucky and draft that perfect DT. 

I have some faith that Hageman may step it up big time this season but I really wanted to see Poe on this team ....felt like the D line would have been golden then.

I don't think Hageman can ever be relied on as "the man."  But he is a good rotational guy.  I think that's how we're looking at Poe as also.  If he doesn't get a great offer in the next few days he'll come back to us.  We shouldn't break the bank on him though - he's not that special of a player.  The Chiefs let him walk and they know him the best.

I am not saying it is horrible - just below average. Saints, Bucs and Panthers are getting better. We are not.

If Poe is not signed we need to make one great draft once again.

Some of you all are undervaluing DiMarco. His blocking was amazing, and Panther fans will always remember his dominance against us. He certainly isn't easy to replace.

Also remember veteran presence goes a long way for any team. The Panthers lost Roman Harper and Cotchery, and we all thought they weren't any big deals.

Well, they were.

If anyone you lost has proven to have solid veteran leadership, then you best ensure you get some solid veterans in place of them.

Just my two cents.

Jerz, BIRDLAND 2.0, Realist and 3 others like this

Should use this on Poe, if he really wants him:

Chicken for Poe or no Poe pie for Atlantie. Kappa

trollface.png.90a599d4f01504f5bc0c7333572822ac.png

15 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Some of you all are undervaluing DiMarco. His blocking was amazing, and Panther fans will always remember his dominance against us. He certainly isn't easy to replace.

Also remember veteran presence goes a long way for any team. The Panthers lost Roman Harper and Cotchery, and we all thought they weren't any big deals.

Well, they were.

If anyone you lost has proven to have solid veteran leadership, then you best ensure you get some solid veterans in place of them.

Just my two cents.

You are just a panther fan trying to over glorify a loss..I said it before and I will say it again..its a FB, id rather lose than overpay any day of the week.

27 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

I am not saying it is horrible - just below average. Saints, Bucs and Panthers are getting better. We are not.

If Poe is not signed we need to make one great draft once again.

Splashy signings don't mean you got better. Just you spent a lot of money. Remember the Philly dream team? What about the redskins with Bruce smith, Deion sanders and an all star FA cast? A lot of III guys don't even realize when you get better unless it's a big splashy expensive name. All the teams you mentioned had huge holes. We do not. And for the most part we're above average in FA because we signed our own back. That's a lot in FA that ppl just don't pay attention to. You get good thru the draft and add thru FA. 

Roberts 

Crawford 

Ish

Reynolds

Toilolo

Upshaw

Schaeder extended

Alford extended  

That's not a below average FA. All those players were key to our success. FA isn't over  the draft hasn't even got here but we're doing bad?? Not even  

21 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Well, they were.

Just my two cents.

FB's are the easiest players to replace. Even easier than a good kicker. 

TRUju2111 and Falcon918 like this

1 hour ago, FalconOdense said:

DiMarco, Chester,... Babs to some degree.

I know they are not Hall of Famers, but still starters. At least the first two.

Babs was not a starter, Chester was our worst OL starter, and Dimarco only played like 30% of the snaps. Crawford will fill in for Tyson Jackson and Shelby will be back to fill in for Babs. Not the end of the world. Our core is in place. 

12 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Splashy signings don't mean you got better. Just you spent a lot of money. Remember the Philly dream team? What about the redskins with Bruce smith, Deion sanders and an all star FA cast? A lot of III guys don't even realize when you get better unless it's a big splashy expensive name. All the teams you mentioned had huge holes. We do not. And for the most part we're above average in FA because we signed our own back. That's a lot in FA that ppl just don't pay attention to. You get good thru the draft and add thru FA. 

Roberts 

Crawford 

Ish

Reynolds

Toilolo

Upshaw

Schaeder extended

Alford extended  

That's not a below average FA. All those players were key to our success. FA isn't over  the draft hasn't even got here but we're doing bad?? Not even  

Excellent point! Not to mention players we add after cuts are made. Some people over look signing our own players. That is very important.