Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FentayeJones

Alford Tweet

36 posts in this topic

"Da Falcons" better figure out how to not choke away a 25 point lead.

Thought it couldn't get worse after the 17 point choke job against SF in the 2012 NFCCG, but of course we found a way to really outdo ourselves. 

Jerz likes this

30 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

If he could have pulled down that 2ND pick he would have been.

He was playin Tom effin brady!! Fact that he got a pick 6 on him on a biggest stage .....makes him an elite CB!!

slimjim likes this

Posted (edited)

Last year I predicted we would make the Super Bowl. I put my name on it. Some thought I should hold my horses. But I knew nobody in the NFC was going to be able to stop our offense. This offseason, barring a major injury to Julio or Matt, or Mack I'm predicting we win the whole thing. New England has I improved their roster thus far better than we have. But we will see what the teams look like in the draft. It'll be a close rematch but I think we pull it out next year.

Edited by ShanghaiDirtyBird

1 hour ago, JulioJones#1 said:

Lebron James had a lot of heartbreak before he got his rings. We will get ours one day.

Soon

1 hour ago, Falcan Moore said:

This team will get us the Lombardi. It feels like a curse enough that I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but...these players are all so young, too young to be jaded. They're coming back hungry, angry, ready. I'm so excited.

I do think this will be the case.

I'm sure after some time to work past the deep hurt, they realize what a phenomenal achievement the year was given they had 5 rookies and several second year players playing significant snaps in the Super Bowl on defense.  These young guys have serious swagger,they are tenacious. 

On the other side of the ball I have even less concern with Matt Ryan at QB.

PokerSteve, JT and RedandBlack4ever like this

1 hour ago, FalconBlood said:

Manning, Jordan, etc. the list goes on.

Jordan was 6-0. Unless u talking about the early Bulls-Pistons days.

Posted (edited)

You know... I was really afraid (before the season) we were going to have to choose between 23 and 21. 

I remember ppl saying "Quinn came from the hawks where they let there 2nd cb walk instead of playing him.. " you know,  Stuff like that..... 

I'm glad we have both. 

Edited by IamFRESCO1
Nunya...

2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

It kind of bugs me that he couldn't even use the correct amount of asterisks there. 

7 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

It kind of bugs me that he couldn't even use the correct amount of asterisks there. 

I mean, Jack*** as opposed to Jack***es or Jack*****? I'm not too choked up about it lol

Jpowers likes this

1 minute ago, Falcan Moore said:

I mean, Jack*** as opposed to Jack***es or Jack*****? I'm not too choked up about it lol

At least make it a plural form is all I'm asking for. I'm not picky.

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Jordan was 6-0. Unless u talking about the early Bulls-Pistons days.

Ofcourse I am. All of those greats really struggled for years before overcoming disappointing results.

29 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

At least make it a plural form is all I'm asking for. I'm not picky.

I was thinking the same but gave him a pass 

Jpowers likes this

2 hours ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

"Da Falcons" better figure out how to not choke away a 25 point lead.

Thought it couldn't get worse after the 17 point choke job against SF in the 2012 NFCCG, but of course we found a way to really outdo ourselves. 

Only team to ever start 4 rookies on either side of the ball in the super bowl. They will learn plenty.

We weren't even supposed to be there yet.

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

He returned a pick six 82 yards which was second longest in Super Bowl history and had an awesome game. Period.

I think the point was that the pick would have finished them off and he would have been because we won, not to say he needed to do more. If we won that game without a second pick, he is still a possible MVP with Grady and Julio (assuming that catch yielded us the same winning points)