FalconofShadows

So far this offseason

44 posts in this topic

PLayers Lost- Cut Tyson Jackson  signed elsewhere  Patrick Dimarco ALdrick Robinson  Paul Worrilow Eric Weems 

not signed as of now  Jonathan Babs  Chris Chester  Dwight Freeney Jacob Tamme Sean Weatherspoon

Players Gained -Jack Crawford  Andre Roberts

Players resigned-   Levine Tololo, Kemal Ishamel  Blidi Breh Wilson Laroy Reynolds Matt Schaub COurney Upshaw

So far team has lost depth and a few starters has gained a 4th/5th string WR/ KR and a 2nd/3rd String DE/DT.  Not a good offseason so far team has not improved at all

Scott1988 and FalconBlood like this

OT  Compton  signed with the Bears

read that they have tendered  Allen. King, Gaberial, and Garland

they are letting some vets test the free agency market --so they (and the team)  can get a better  feel of their actual value.

Not saying if they will be re-signed or not

FalconBlood and The Martyr like this

I dunno, my opinion is that we improved drastically the moment weems left the building. of those other guys, dimarco is the one not kept and not tendered that I see as the biggest loss, but, can and most likely will be replaced easy enough. I really expect to see more of a TE/HB type guy back there in that role. We currently have Hooper, Toilolo, and Perkins on the roster, Tialavea as well. 

I think we won't miss Patrick all that much if any by the time things shake out to the final cuts

PokerSteve and D.B.N. like this

1 hour ago, FalconofShadows said:

PLayers Lost- Cut Tyson Jackson  signed elsewhere  Patrick Dimarco ALdrick Robinson  Paul Worrilow Eric Weems 

not signed as of now  Jonathan Babs  Chris Chester  Dwight Freeney Jacob Tamme Sean Weatherspoon

Players resigned-   Levine Tololo, Kemal Ishamel  Blidi Breh Wilson Laroy Reynolds Matt Schaub COurney Upshaw

So far team has lost depth and a few starters has gained a 4th/5th string WR/ KR and a 2nd/3rd String DE/DT.  Not a good offseason so far team has not improved at all

You do realize FA is not close to over and we will replenish any depth lost through draft?

DirtyBirdInThe610 likes this

8 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I dunno, my opinion is that we improved drastically the moment weems left the building. of those other guys, dimarco is the one not kept and not tendered that I see as the biggest loss, but, can and most likely will be replaced easy enough. I really expect to see more of a TE/HB type guy back there in that role. We currently have Hooper, Toilolo, and Perkins on the roster, Tialavea as well. 

I think we won't miss Patrick all that much if any by the time things shake out to the final cuts

Agreed, he was actually overrated on These boards in that he only played about 1/3 of offensive snaps.

Sark may want another TE from draft to run more two TE sets.

Yeah we're clearly weaker right now.  But we still have the remainder of FA and the draft.

I would have liked a starting OG and DT in FA and to keep a couple guys, but we still may end up with a DT and some OL competition, and some LB competition.

30 minutes ago, papachaz said:

There is also a TE named Griswold on the PS -rookie from Arkansas State

still under some form of contract ---(maybe futures??)

Same blah blah BS as last offseason and look what happened. I'm just hoping our schedule works out to be easier than last years 

raysnill1 likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

You do realize FA is not close to over and we will replenish any depth lost through draft?

And we can (and probably will) fill in the blanks with players that are cap casualties between May and June.  

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Other than Dimarco (good lead blocking) what production did we lose? Still have the rest FA and the draft to get a Run Stuffin DT, Edge Rusher, RG and LB depth I like where we at in the first week of the new year.

2 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Let's wait for the draft before making a thread like this

3 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Based off what? We have our young core players. No major holes. We are building for the long haul not just 2017.

2 hours ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah we're clearly weaker right now.  But we still have the remainder of FA and the draft.

I would have liked a starting OG and DT in FA and to keep a couple guys, but we still may end up with a DT and some OL competition, and some LB competition.

How are we clearly weaker? Trufant, Shelby, Ishmael back. Rookies second year in defense. Clayborn will be back. Please explain how we are weaker?

For years and years we had debates about how the good teams build through the draft. Well this is what that looks like folks.

Did I want Poe? Sure. Do I trust our front office nowadays? Absolutely.

Kung-Pow likes this

4 minutes ago, Falcon918 said:

How are we clearly weaker? Trufant, Shelby, Ishmael back. Rookies second year in defense. Clayborn will be back. Please explain how we are weaker?

Responding to the OP.  We've lost or not signed 10-12 players.  We've signed Crawford in their place.

I said we may be stronger by the end, but to think losing 10-12 players you use without gaining replacements makes you stronger makes no sense.

Bigbenright likes this

1 hour ago, WeDemBirds60 said:

Other than Dimarco (good lead blocking) what production did we lose? Still have the rest FA and the draft to get a Run Stuffin DT, Edge Rusher, RG and LB depth I like where we at in the first week of the new year.

I'm in this camp. Don't agree with OP's assessment.