Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xskyx

This roster doesn't have many big holes. Theoretically, BPA would be fine at this point?

36 posts in this topic

We NEED a guard. That's the only hard NEED at this point. Sure a FS and edge rusher would be nice, but it isn't a must-have at the moment as we return with the same players that we just went to a superbowl with.

With that said, which position or player would you be mad about if picked in the first 2 rounds if BPA?

This is just for fun. Don't get whiney. (Also, f the Saints)

12 minutes ago, xskyx said:

We NEED a guard. That's the only hard NEED at this point. Sure a FS and edge rusher would be nice, but it isn't a must-have at the moment as we return with the same players that we just went to a superbowl with.

With that said, which position or player would you be mad about if picked in the first 2 rounds if BPA?

This is just for fun. Don't get whiney. (Also, f the Saints)

I think a CB or WR would tick me off. A lot of guys want DE but we have a good rotation there. Guard is my preference. Especially if Poe is signed. We wouldnt have the money for a free agent guard after Dontari.

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

I would say in the 1st round we're definitely not sitting at a BPA spot. We have to go guard or pass rusher for sure. 

quickzero likes this

Yeah we do need a guard, but we are in a position now we do not have to reach for that need. At least not in the first round. I would prefer an edge rusher because they are in rotation the most, so that is the position, other than guard, that has the highest chance of seeing a rookie produce. However, let's say Oj Howard or Njoku falls to us. We should hop on it if we consider them top tier talent because we can afford luxury picks at this point.

hmmm, what position would tick me off if we picked first two rounds? 

QB or WR I would think. Yeah we need to keep building the oline, I wouldn't mind another edge rusher or even LB or FS first or second round depending on who fell to us, but QB or WR would just be plain out silly.

but, isn't the "BEST" part of the BPA, subjective?

xskyx likes this

drafting @ 31 is a great opportunity for the BPA, but here is sometning to roll around.

With Patrick Di walkin and Freeman squawkin'  the BPA could be a RB.

xskyx likes this

20 minutes ago, Charles Lindberg said:

I think a CB or WR would tick me off. A lot of guys want DE but we have a good rotation there. Guard is my preference. Especially if Poe is signed. We wouldnt have the money for a free agent guard after Dontari.

It's fortunate and unfortunate, because I really like some CBs in this years draft. A lot of rangy CBs in this years draft that I'm sure Quinn would love, but it wouldn't make sense to take them. 

Karst41 likes this

6 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

drafting @ 31 is a great opportunity for the BPA, but here is sometning to roll around.

;) this is where I was aiming this topic. I can see a RB being picked in the first 2. New OCs usually want THEIR guy.

papachaz likes this

20 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

that video KOG posted on Perine? yeah, I wouldn't care if we drafted that guy in the first or second as long as we do something to shore up the Oline pretty quickly after

xskyx likes this

Yeah could throw all remaining picks at defense if that happened. Take shots on a few dlinemen and maybe fs

Posted (edited)

IMHO the DL is void of talent there's Beasley at DE, Hageman & Jarrett at DT everyone else are upgradable not counting Jack Crawford who I haven't seen play.

Edited by boss
BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

Yes we do need a guard.  In my opinion we also need more talent on the d line.  More pressure from the line would obviously help boost the play of everyone behind them.  Either way  I'd be really shocked if our defense is not very good next season.

Posted (edited)

I would be mad if the Falcons picked a RB or WR in the first two rounds. Wouldn't really make sense.

And I just want a good player at a position of need. The whole 'BPA' concept is kind of bs imo.

Edited by Halsey.

If we picked an OG and DE in the 2nd and 3rd, the first could be nearly anything.

In general, I'd prefer BPA at front 7, FS or TE.

TE that can be an H-back and a matchup problem could make a difference for this O.  Gabriel is likely leaving next year so WR isn't as bad of an idea as people think.  FS would help now and insure against a high Rico contract.  DL or LB with pass rushing chops are obvious.  OG is a need.

If we get a playmaker at any position other than QB in the 1st I'm ok.  When you're nearly in the 2nd round, you can't get as tuned into 1 position.  Any good player at that point is good value.

MSalmon and xskyx like this

Another way of looking at this is who is likely to get enough snaps to make a difference this year?

OG, DE, TE, FS, WR, LB.

Rotation players help here, because you can have a guy get 40% of snaps and make a difference while learning.

the DL is still an enormous need imo regardless of signing Poe (who might just be a 1 year deal anyway). 

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, papachaz said:

that video KOG posted on Perine? yeah, I wouldn't care if we drafted that guy in the first or second as long as we do something to shore up the Oline pretty quickly after

Maybe 3rd round for Perine and I like Perine, but not 1st or 2nd round.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Yes we do need a guard.  In my opinion we also need more talent on the d line.  More pressure from the line would obviously help boost the play of everyone behind them.  Either way  I'd be really shocked if our defense is not very good next season.

The O Line and 'specially Guard would be IMO essential to take it to the next level.

Y'all remember a  bouts 5 or 6 years back,  ol Pants Down Singletary drafted O Line in the first two rounds, and ultimately that line kicked our tails in the 2nd half of the NFCCS, and that is exactly the when, where and why the OG has  become a first round real estate commodity in the NFL.

5 hours ago, boss said:

IMHO the DL is void of talent there's Beasley at DE, Hageman & Jarrett at DT everyone else are upgradable not counting Jack Crawford who I haven't seen play.

That's my late father 's name. Love seeing it!

xskyx and Vandy like this

8 hours ago, Karst41 said:

Now THAT would pizz me off.

falconsrus likes this