gazoo

Would you sign Kaepernick as a backup if we can get for veteran minimum?

116 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Cool. 

See....This is what makes America great.  You can have your opinion, in which you say he's a hero; and I can have my  opinion, in which I say he's a worthless, ungrateful, disgraceful malcontent lump of sh*t for disrespecting the very country and REAL heroes who fought and died to give him his freedom with which to behave that way. 

USA!

USA!

Actually one of the several reasons why America is not great, and is in fact a shameful and disgusting country, is the way innocent blacks are gunned down by law enforcement and the country usually does absolutely nothing. That is why Colin protested. That is why he is a hero. And no matter what kind of silly illogical nonsense people want to spew, those are the facts,

gkgrimes likes this

No, because the Falcons already have Schaub.

And I couldn't care less about the kneeling during the National Anthem drama. It's called freedom of speech. There are much bigger issues going on to worry about.

gkgrimes and Jerz like this

6 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's an underrated player, IMO. But he's also very much a "see it, throw it" guy. Which, TBH, could work okay if the OL plays well and the scheme is as effective at getting guys wide open downfield. But I think we'd struggle to churn the chains because a lot of the offense is built on anticipation throws. And that just isnt a strength of his.

You hit the nail on the head.   You get an imaginary +1. 

The concept of passing with anticipation is very under rated. I think that's what allowed Matt Ryan to hit the ground running in the league.  Some guys can do it.  Some can't. I agree that Kaepernick is an underrated qb but it just wouldn't work well here football wise. 

17 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Millions of white people ...Cause black people and other minorities supported him..So cut the **** out 

there were plenty of blacks against him and whites who supported him, so nope you're wrong. 

Ezekiel 25:17 and gazoo like this

2 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Country freedom was never in jeopardy cut the **** they fought and died for capitalism ...Same people that use this an excuse are the same people that wouldn't give a dime to any war veteran who has struggled mentally /financially since they came back home...And Kap entire stance was the flag and the country not holding up the beliefs of the flag ...It's called comprehension

You  mean like my grandfather who fought in Okinawa as a Marine, then joined the Army in Korea and earned the Distinguished Service Cross saving the lives of three wounded comrades, only to come home and drink himself to death?

Are those the war veterans to whom you refer?

My grandfather didn't even know what the word 'capitalism' meant, so shove that crap right where the god dam sun don't shine. 

2 hours ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

Actually one of the several reasons why America is not great, and is in fact a shameful and disgusting country, is the way innocent blacks are gunned down by law enforcement and the country usually does absolutely nothing. That is why Colin protested. That is why he is a hero. And no matter what kind of silly illogical nonsense people want to spew, those are the facts,

And where are the protesters for all of the kids that get shot by stray bullets? The kids that get shot by other kids? 

Just wondering why no one seems to care about that which happens a whole heck of a lot more.

Godzilla1985 and kevykev21 like this

4 hours ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I'm a huge fan. He's like a hero. I'd definitely go for it. Bless him for his courage.

In America you have a right to protest. He did and he's hated by most Americans, in America... For exercising his right as an American, in America. Not saying you need to love him or anything. 

3 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Wow a cemetery deep...Now go post all the homeless veterans that you and the rest of the country don't give a **** about 

Well this veteran is left to wander if you always make such insensitive, rude, disrespectful, and erroneous assumptions about others' views of Veterans, those which are homeless, as well as any other type of distinction?

Also, just for your education, I served ... as have many in my family, to preserve the very right of individuals like Kaepernick to express their views as citizens of these United States of America, with the hope that we will all work together to keep improving this nation.

I simply believe there was a much better way to get his point across...  like, show proper respect to the nation, its veterans, its incredible history, despite some blemishes and failures, of striving for advancement and improvement by first standing for the National Anthem...  and then take a knee at the end and hold it for awhile to draw attention to the fact that there is still work to do.

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

there were plenty of blacks against him and whites who supported him, so nope you're wrong. 

No it wasn't ...How many other African American athletes from joined in from the college ranks to high school to middle school to pop Warner football ...Countless that's telling in its self about the African American community you think the majority of us wouldn't support him our own in his protest when millions of us are protesting daily ...How foolish could you be ..Those people were white that were so upset ..Because we know how dismissive most white people are in black folks plight with injustice in this country ...#YouNeedMorePeople 

8 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Well this veteran is left to wander if you always make such insensitive, rude, disrespectful, and erroneous assumptions about others' views of Veterans, those which are homeless, as well as any other type of distinction?

Also, just for your education, I served ... as have many in my family, to preserve the very right of individuals like Kaepernick to express their views as citizens of these United States of America, with the hope that we will all work together to keep improving this nation.

I simply believe there was a much better way to get his point across...  like, show proper respect to the nation, its veterans, its incredible history, despite some blemishes and failures, of striving for advancement and improvement by first standing for the National Anthem...  and then take a knee at the end and hold it for awhile to draw attention to the fact that there is still work to do.

Show respect to a nation that let his own kind die daily and do nothing in the name of justice ? How does that sound ? Show respect to a nation that don't even respect your human rights ...And like I said these wars aren't fought to defend American rights ...They were never in jeopardy..These wars are capitalism that's it. 

And if we really digging into history here that national anthem wasn't including black people and thats a fact. 

45 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

And where are the protesters for all of the kids that get shot by stray bullets? The kids that get shot by other kids? 

Just wondering why no one seems to care about that which happens a whole heck of a lot more.

Those are protested too you wouldn't know cause you not in those areas 

56 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You  mean like my grandfather who fought in Okinawa as a Marine, then joined the Army in Korea and earned the Distinguished Service Cross saving the lives of three wounded comrades, only to come home and drink himself to death?

Are those the war veterans to whom you refer?

My grandfather didn't even know what the word 'capitalism' meant, so shove that crap right where the god dam sun don't shine. 

Then maybe your grandfather shouldve picked up a dictionary because he got duped and came home and had nothing to show for it but a bunch of shiny medals 

Jerz likes this

5 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Show respect to a nation that let his own kind die daily and do nothing in the name of justice ? How does that sound ? Show respect to a nation that don't even respect your human rights ...And like I said these wars aren't fought to defend American rights ...They were never in jeopardy..These wars are capitalism that's it. 

And if we really digging into history here that national anthem wasn't including black people and thats a fact. 

We get it.. you hate America. Okay .

Birdy Dird likes this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Those are protested too you wouldn't know cause you not in those areas 

And you know they are how?? 

Lived in SWATS 35+ years, never saw one, Try again...

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17