GrimeyKidd

Andre Roberts Inks Deal

66 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah....It would be surprising unless some  guy like Ross falls further than anticipated.

Julio,Sanu and Gabriel are safe but the right guy could push everyone else.

I hope we sign some **** linebackers!!

I really don't want us to draft Ross.  The guys injury history is far too extensive for me to invest a 1st rounder in.  Couldn't even get through the 40 without tightening up.  Some look at it as him running a 4.22 with cramps.  I look at it as couldn't even run the 40 without getting cramps.  

21 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

I really don't want us to draft Ross.  The guys injury history is far too extensive for me to invest a 1st rounder in.  Couldn't even get through the 40 without tightening up.  Some look at it as him running a 4.22 with cramps.  I look at it as couldn't even run the 40 without getting cramps.  

...and this is why I wish we could like mod posts. 

Absolute and BIRDLAND 2.0 like this

I don't see him making the field all that often as WR, but I'm sure happy to have a speedier return man. Hopefully he won't come out of the end zone to the 10 yard line at the end of a game when all we need to do is put the kicker in range to win it

Absolute likes this

4 hours ago, xskyx said:

Based on Reddit replies from Lions fans, this guy is a good PR but makes bad decisions on KR. They said the guy will always bring it out and rarely gets to the 20. Idk if that's coaching or what

Well he did average 22 ypr so that is possible. Considering most of the kickers in the NFC South boot it out of the endzone returns won't happen as much.

Seems to be an upgrade... assuming he's still got gas in the tank.  Solid backup WR and someone who can advance a punt.  Now if we can only coach our PR and KR team not to hold or block in the back.  

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

6 hours ago, xskyx said:

Based on Reddit replies from Lions fans, this guy is a good PR but makes bad decisions on KR. They said the guy will always bring it out and rarely gets to the 20. Idk if that's coaching or what

Well the offense did do better on drives starting in front of the 10 yard line ala Mr. 300 game.

Nice to actually have some speed at the return position.. I think e will be an upgrade. Hopefully doesn't make too many bone headed decisions

slimjim likes this

34 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Gabriel as a Wide only then...

Should be IMO. He is pretty light to risk taking a shot...way more value at WR. Situational use sure, trick plays etc.

1 minute ago, slimjim said:

Should be IMO. He is pretty light to risk taking a shot...way more value at WR. Situational use sure, trick plays etc.

I like signings with our vets and the FAs right now. Can't understand the whining. Oh, wait it's TATF!

slimjim likes this

1 minute ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I like signings with our vets and the FAs right now. Can't understand the whining. Oh, wait it's TATF!

SB hangover...broken heart desperation for hope...being a Falcons fan...pick all 3 and you have a recipe for negative venting and lack of basic constructive posting. :)

22 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Cramps have nothing to do with injuries. It could be a lot of reason. Might have a low sodium count. Maybe he was dehydrated. Or he was running so fast he burned up all of his energy in his muscles. Lots of reasons 

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

10 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Cramps have nothing to do with injuries. It could be a lot of reason. Might have a low sodium count. Maybe he was dehydrated. Or he was running so fast he burned up all of his energy in his muscles. Lots of reasons 

Which is a very realistic and fair point of view on it.  And no cramps don't have anything to do with severe injuries, but I think certain people can be more susceptible to these things more than others.  Having a low sodium count and being dehydrated when it comes to athletics  are pretty much going to run hand in hand with a few exceptions.  Let's face it though.... he shouldn't be that dehydrated  anyway.  Not as a result of the combine 40. If that really is the case I have got to wonder how an elite level athlete who's already earned endorsements manages to develop cramps as a result of simple hydration from a few sprints/ drills. I'm still not entirely convinced that it was cramps.  What I do know is that if he did pull, tear or sprain something during the 40 I'd bet some good money that he would do everything he could to downplay it as much as possible.  I still believe this is a very plausible explanation.  But that's jmo.

I won't even  pretend to be an expert on the physiology, but being involved in athletics all my life I have noticed that people are different.  If all things were equal with nutrition, hydration etc... Some people are still going to be quicker to cramp. Some people are going to be much more resilient to the effects of dehydration while others notice the effects instantly. Most of this is kind of pointless though because the cramps ultimately have nothing to do with my concerns about him as a prospect.  If anything It was nothing more than confirmation bias for me.  I admit that it's pretty stupid to make any judgment at all based on the cramps after the 40.

Still though,  even after putting that aside the majority of my concerns with him still persist.  We're talking about a guy who has torn his meniscus in both knees.  He's dealt with a blown ACL.  Had to have micro fracture surgery....i literally have a hard time thinking of a college prospect with a more extensive list than that.  It's amazing he's even played as much as he has.  Plus,  now with the combine done he has to go under the knife to have surgery on a labrum tear. I don't know how to NOT be concerned with all of this if I'm a gm. That's a well established pattern if I've ever seen one.  That's all only from the last 3 years too.  

I will say that if there's one thing you absolutely cannot question with Ross it's definitely toughness.  That's got to be one tough sob. To be where he is now after having so many severe setbacks.... I have a lot of respect for that. 

3 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Which is a very realistic and fair point of view on it.  And no cramps don't have anything to do with severe injuries, but I think certain people can be more susceptible to these things more than others.  Having a low sodium count and being dehydrated when it comes to athletics  are pretty much going to run hand in hand with a few exceptions.  Let's face it though.... he shouldn't be that dehydrated  anyway.  Not as a result of the combine 40. If that really is the case I have got to wonder how an elite level athlete who's already earned endorsements manages to develop cramps as a result of simple hydration from a few sprints/ drills. I'm still not entirely convinced that it was cramps.  What I do know is that if he did pull, tear or sprain something during the 40 I'd bet some good money that he would do everything he could to downplay it as much as possible.  I still believe this is a very plausible explanation.  But that's jmo.

I won't even  pretend to be an expert on the physiology, but being involved in athletics all my life I have noticed that people are different.  If all things were equal with nutrition, hydration etc... Some people are still going to be quicker to cramp. Some people are going to be much more resilient to the effects of dehydration while others notice the effects instantly. Most of this is kind of pointless though because the cramps ultimately have nothing to do with my concerns with him.  If anything It was nothing more than confirmation bias for me.  I admit that it's pretty stupid to make any judgment at all based on the cramps after the 40.

Still though,  even after putting that aside the majority of my concerns with him still persist.  We're talking about a guy who has torn his meniscus in both knees.  He's dealt with a blown ACL.  Had to have micro fracture surgery....i literally have a hard time thinking of a college prospect with a more extensive list than that.  It's amazing he's even played as much as he has.  Plus,  now with the combine done he has to go under the knife to have surgery on a labrum tear. I don't know how to NOT be concerned with all of this if I'm a gm. That's a well established pattern if I've ever seen one.  That's all only from the last 3 years too.  

I will say that if there's one thing you absolutely cannot question with Ross it's definitely toughness.  That's got to be one tough sob. To be where he is now after having so many severe setbacks.... I have a lot of respect for that. 

Great and valid points. And he is tough i agree on that 

Atlfanstckndenver likes this