Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GABLACKBIRD

patriots HAVE to load up

28 posts in this topic

The patriots are very active in free agency simply because of the toughest division offensively they are gonna face . The NFC south is loaded with offense and New England is trying to secure home field and the bye. Look at the recent years they have to go on the road in the playoffs( NOT SO SUPER). And for added incentive we shut them down for 3 quarters. If not for a bad coach job in the 4th quarter they would have been beaten solidly. The falcons showed everyone how to handle the patriots and you can bet Tampa Bay, Carolina, New Orleans, Kansas City, and Baltimore is still seeing the opportunities the dirty birds took full advantage of.

Nah I don't think that's the reason why. It's not like they're spending major dollars or anything. They're doing what teams are supposed to do in free agency

papachaz and slamee101 like this

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Nah I don't think that's the reason why. It's not like they're spending major dollars or anything. They're doing what teams are supposed to do in free agency

I mean, they did just give up one of the largest FA contracts in franchise history rob Gilmore. 

Yo_Lover, FalconBlood and osiruz like this

4 minutes ago, Trick Montalban said:

Why are we talking about the Patriots 

This, why is everybody so obsessed with what the Pats are doing? It's not us vs them in the SB anymore, we don't need to care so much. 

FalconBlood likes this

We play them in October! primetime game Sunday night or Monday night details still being hammered out

13 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

I mean, they did just give up one of the largest FA contracts in franchise history rob Gilmore. 

And that equates to major dollars?When i say that I'm talking about what the jags and other teams do yearly. And don't you mean stephon 

37 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

bold prediction:

Brady doesn't make it past 8 games next season. he's going to get hurt mid season, Pats miss the playoffs.

Less bold prediction.

Brady doesn't make it past 8 games next season. He gets hurt mid season. Pats still make the playoffs.

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

And that equates to major dollars?When i say that I'm talking about what the jags and other teams do yearly. And don't you mean stephon 

I actually meant to, not rob. And yes, that equates to major dollars. 

5 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

I actually meant to, not rob. And yes, that equates to major dollars. 

If you call what they've done major spending, teams that hand out multiple big contracts yearly are doing it all wrong

47 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If you call what they've done major spending, teams that hand out multiple big contracts yearly are doing it all wrong

I'm talking about shelling out major dollars, which they did, for Gilmore. No real dancing around the fact that they've made him one of the highest paid CB's in the league.

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I'm talking about shelling out major dollars, which they did, for Gilmore. No real dancing around the fact that they've made him one of the highest paid CB's in the league.

I'm talking about shelling out major dollars period. Which is what I have been referring to all along. Not just on one player 

11 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

bold prediction:

Brady doesn't make it past 8 games next season. he's going to get hurt mid season, Pats miss the playoffs.

When he missed 4 games, his backups weren't too shabby.

15 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Yeah, it's not at all insane to say that team doesn't need him in order to at least make the playoffs.  They're pretty darned good regardless. 

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Against meh competition.

Edited by Vandy

11 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

bold prediction:

Did the Patriots get realigned out of The Sunbelt conference during the offseason and I missed it? Biggest joke of a division in all of sports and has been that way for a decade strong now. Must be nice to be in the playoffs before the season even begins. 

nitrojiber likes this

Keep telling yourself that. The patriots are loading up cause they wanna make these last 3,4,5 years with brady count. Idk how long he is gonna last, but if he is healthy they will be the favorite every year until he retires. What they are doing will never be matched 

Patriots sign Rex Burkhead

Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2017, 4:51 PM EDT
630767184-e1489524684239.jpg?w=237Getty Images

The Patriots have added another piece to their offensive mix.

The team announced that they have signed former Bengals running back Rex Burkhead as a free agent. Burkhead arrived for a visit with the team on Monday and also visited with the Falcons earlier in free agency.

Burkhead spent most of his time with the Bengals playing on special teams, although he showed versatility on offense when given the opportunity by lining up in the backfield and split out as a receiver at different times. His heaviest usage on offense came during the season finale in January when he ran 27 times for for 119 yards and two touchdowns while also catching a pair of passes for 25 yards.

Burkhead isn’t likely to see that kind of workload with the Patriots, but he wouldn’t be the first player overlooked by another team to find his niche in the New England offense. If nothing else, he should earn a long look as a special teamer on a team that’s long found homes for players who excel in that phase of the game.

osiruz likes this

It's time for them to start building for the future. They won the Super Bowl, but are a couple of injuries away from missing the playoffs.