Jump to content

Interesting question for lawyers about Trump's revised travel ban...


Recommended Posts

Just now, SpongeDad said:

Jeez man, relax. I'm not in standby mode waiting for your every response. I'm actually working right now.

You have time to post a bunch of off-topic bulls***, but not enough time to answer the legal question raised with this thread.  

Address the topic of the thread, if you can, and stop acting like an idiot with off-topic BS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

So no answer to the OP, just a bunch of moronic memes and pot shots at Islam.  

Act like an idiot and I'll call you an idiot.  Offer a reasonable response to the question that I'm asking about...which is a pretty important legal issue if you think about it...and I'll respond with the appropriate respect.

So far, you and DH are acting like morons.

Ok, I'll play the "moron" role. Are your feelings healing now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

My answer, if you choose to disagree with, will only be rebuttaled with "idiot" or "moron". 

@lostone Remember last week how we were saying it's good to debate without name calling? You need to have a word with your Lib friend Trout, he's making Liberals fall into the same old stereotype of being childish. But I hold you in higher regard on the Liberal totem pole.

You didn't come in to have a conversation though.  You came to make trout react the way he did.  Well DH did.  There was no attempt to understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

In other words, you can't engage in the topic of this thread so you're going to act like an idiot with a bunch of off-topic anti-Islam nonsense.  Okay, at least you admit that you're not here to contribute anything.  

Speaking of contribution, I never see you post in TATF. Do you have almost 30k in posts, crying about politics on a football off topic subforum? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes their trolling so moronic is that the implication is that it could be an increasingly weak legal strategy by those who OPPOSE the travel ban to keep referring to Trump's campaign statement.  At some point, the travel ban gets revised to address court criticisms that it's aimed at one group.  Trump's campaign comments should carry less weight as the travel ban is updated, I would think.  IOW, the question that I'm asking likely supports the legality of the revised travel ban.  But instead of discussing that topic, they act like morons and trolls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lostone said:

You didn't come in to have a conversation though.  You came to make trout react the way he did.  Well DH did.  There was no attempt to understand.

You have to step back and look at the totality of this- crying about politics day in, day out, in a off topic football subforum. Where is the sanity to be had in this? How can one man devote so much time of his life to this tiny corner of the internet? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

What makes their trolling so moronic is that the implication is that it could be an increasingly weak legal strategy by those who OPPOSE the travel ban to keep referring to Trump's campaign statement.  At some point, the travel ban gets revised to address court criticisms that it's aimed at one group.  Trump's campaign comments should carry less weight as the travel ban is updated, I would think.  IOW, the question that I'm asking likely supports the legality of the revised travel ban.  But instead of discussing that topic, they act like morons and trolls.

You do KNOW the US restricted, cut off immigration in the mid 20's for 40 years? Why did they do that? Assimilation...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

You have to step back and look at the totality of this- crying about politics day in, day out, in a off topic football subforum. Where is the sanity to be had in this? How can one man devote so much time of his life to this tiny corner of the internet? 

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

^^^Still not attempting to discuss the topic and throwing out a bunch of stupidity to distract from the question that I raised in the OP.

I think my question is far more deeper with possible twist n' turns and maybe a dead body in the basement. Don't keep us in suspense :munch: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, let's not talk about one of the major policy proposals by the President of the United States and the legal issues about that proposal, including an interesting question about how courts interpret the intent of an executive order.  We got mooslims to bash, amirite?

Imbeciles.

Trout, all in all, nothing really matters. Just do what makes you happy while we have this little time in existence. Turn your pc off and live a little for once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, let's not talk about one of the major policy proposals by the President of the United States and the legal issues about that proposal, including an interesting question about how courts interpret the intent of an executive order.  We got mooslims to bash, amirite?

Imbeciles.

You fail to mention that Clinton and Obama both espoused the same restrictions or travel bans. What is so hideous about protecting American values, our culture, our borders and our economy? We are not the worlds dumping ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpongeDad said:

Trout, all in all, nothing really matters. Just do what makes you happy while we have this little time in existence. Turn your pc off and live a little for once.

Says the guy who just spent an hour trolling with off-topic bulls*** instead of addressing an important legal question regarding the President's first major policy proposal.  

Everybody recognizes that you're not here to have a conversation.  Stop acting like a troll and people won't attack you.  Keep acting like a moron and people will call you a moron.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

You do KNOW the US restricted, cut off immigration in the mid 20's for 40 years? Why did they do that? Assimilation...

"America must remain American,” President Calvin Coolidge said in 1924 as he signed into law a measure that ended the biggest wave of immigration in U.S. history. The new law used the then-popular pseudoscience of eugenics to set drastic limits on entry by groups the government considered “socially inadequate” — mainly Italians and Eastern European Jews." https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/open-doors-slamming-gates-the-tumultuous-politics-of-us-immigration-policy/2017/01/28/b646ea48-e57a-11e6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html?utm_term=.36a8ebd54954

 

And you cite this law with approval. SMH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Says the guy who just spent an hour trolling with off-topic bulls*** instead of addressing an important legal question regarding the President's first major policy proposal.  

Everybody recognizes that you're not here to have a conversation.  Stop acting like a troll and people won't attack you.  Keep acting like a moron and people will call you a moron.  

Yea, says the guy who rants and lies about posters who aren't even in the conversation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

"America must remain American,” President Calvin Coolidge said in 1924 as he signed into law a measure that ended the biggest wave of immigration in U.S. history. The new law used the then-popular pseudoscience of eugenics to set drastic limits on entry by groups the government considered “socially inadequate” — mainly Italians and Eastern European Jews." https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/open-doors-slamming-gates-the-tumultuous-politics-of-us-immigration-policy/2017/01/28/b646ea48-e57a-11e6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html?utm_term=.36a8ebd54954

 

And you cite this law with approval. SMH.

Ah counselor, did I cite the law? No. Counselor, did I approve of the law? No. Case dismissed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You have time to post a bunch of off-topic bulls***, but not enough time to answer the legal question raised with this thread.  

Address the topic of the thread, if you can, and stop acting like an idiot with off-topic BS.

I'm 350ft off the ground waiting for my mate to finish his climb. I chat on here in my free time. I don't live on a internet subforum btching about politics 24/7 because I actually have a life with responsibilities. 

And no, I don't agree with a lot of the travel ban. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

You do KNOW the US restricted, cut off immigration in the mid 20's for 40 years? Why did they do that? Assimilation...

 

2 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

Ah counselor, did I cite the law? No. Counselor, did I approve of the law? No. Case dismissed.

WTF do you call that?  You just posted it for ***** and giggles?  Or did you maybe post something that you didn't fully understand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

 

WTF do you call that?  You just posted it for ***** and giggles?  Or did you maybe post something that you didn't fully understand?

I am beginning to think you have No sense of history at all. I posted a FACTOID that you, I guess are upset about. I posted it because there was a long, long pause in immigration. The Congress passed the law and it wasn't removed for 40 some years. It was a response to WW1 and basicly restricted immigration for the safety of the country. I will not second guess those men but I am sure YOU WILL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...