Jump to content

Typically Super Bowl Teams will let important players


Falcster
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Falcster said:

DiMarco was very important in his blocking during run plays.  Check it out if you don't believe me.

He played less than a third of our offensive snaps last year and full backs are very easily replaced, often by undrafted players. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Falcster said:

DiMarco was very important in his blocking during run plays.  Check it out if you don't believe me.

He's a good FB. 

With that said, we didn't get to and go up by 28 points in the Superbowl because of a better than average FB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Falcster said:

DiMarco was very important in his blocking during run plays.  Check it out if you don't believe me.

Yes, DiMarco's departure will hurt.  I am sure that the FO did not count on the Bills offering so much for a FB.  It was not long ago that most teams did not even carry a FB.  The Falcons have been the exception for several seasons.  

DiMarco was great, but we will add another lead blocker for the run game.  Sarkisian is a firm believer in the interior run offense.  You can bet that another FB will be added.  It will take time for that blocker to gell with our RB's, but it will happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

Both were extremely important , the running game isn't gonna be the same and Aldrich Robinson was that guy that got us tds last year when Gabriel and Julio were covered , Hardy does not have to be go for 50 , 60 yard touchdowns 

Lmao no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

He played less than a third of our offensive snaps last year and full backs are very easily replaced, often by undrafted players. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Patrick DiMarco FB 324 31.18% 0 0% 145 30.53% Patrick DiMarco 2016 game-by-game snap counts

 

Aldrick Robinson WR 315 30.32% 0 0% 46 9.68% Aldrick Robinson 2016 game-by-game snap counts

Robinson had 20 catches for a grand total of 323 yards.

straight from pro football reference. Yeah buddy, losing both these guys is going to kill the team for next year, no point in watching any games or expecting us to win a single game, because you know THESE types numbers just can't be replaced.

 

 I didn't  put that in purple to signify sarcasm, just stop reading my posts if it was necessary for ya, because you're a doofus 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One, the thread title makes no sense. I think you mean Keep, not Let, which is wrong, super bowl teams always lose players.

Two, If the Falcons had really wanted to keep DiMarco or Robinson, they would have. They had first chance to negotiate with them, they had plenty of cap room to keep both. Falcons decided to let them both go. The folks in the FO get paid 7 figures to make these decisions, you're some random poster making a thread on a messageboard. Going with the FO on this one.

Three, Falcons will grab a FB in late rounds or as a FA, save themselves  1.5 mil. May not get as much production, but  a million five is  million five. 75% of DiMarco's production at 25% of the cost is a good deal. It's why they let him go, they expect to find someone who can do that.

Four, Robinson was 7th in catches and  7th in TD passes last year, that's just not irreplaceable. Every receiver on the roster gets an extra 2 catches over the year, his production is recouped.

Got a five through ten, but that really covers the basics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Both were extremely important , the running game isn't gonna be the same and Aldrich Robinson was that guy that got us tds last year when Gabriel and Julio were covered , Hardy does not have to be go for 50 , 60 yard touchdowns 

Robinson had a lot of key drops in the playoffs with no catches..he is way overrated on these boards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

One, the thread title makes no sense. I think you mean Keep, not Let, which is wrong, super bowl teams always lose players.

Two, If the Falcons had really wanted to keep DiMarco or Robinson, they would have. They had first chance to negotiate with them, they had plenty of cap room to keep both. Falcons decided to let them both go. The folks in the FO get paid 7 figures to make these decisions, you're some random poster making a thread on a messageboard. Going with the FO on this one.

Three, Falcons will grab a FB in late rounds or as a FA, save themselves  1.5 mil. May not get as much production, but  a million five is  million five. 75% of DiMarco's production at 25% of the cost is a good deal. It's why they let him go, they expect to find someone who can do that.

Four, Robinson was 7th in catches and  7th in TD passes last year, that's just not irreplaceable. Every receiver on the roster gets an extra 2 catches over the year, his production is recouped.

Got a five through ten, but that really covers the basics.

Agree. I think it's more important to extend Tru, Ryan and Free. We will find another FB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...