Falcster

Typically Super Bowl Teams will let important players

54 posts in this topic

So, is it just me or are any other Falcons fans out there concerned about (except for Weems) "the leakage" of really good outgoing Falcons players e.g. Patrick DiMarco and Aldrick Robinson etc.?

2 minutes ago, Falcster said:

DiMarco was very important in his blocking during run plays.  Check it out if you don't believe me.

He played less than a third of our offensive snaps last year and full backs are very easily replaced, often by undrafted players. Look it up if you don't believe me.

5 minutes ago, Falcster said:

DiMarco was very important in his blocking during run plays.  Check it out if you don't believe me.

He's a good FB. 

With that said, we didn't get to and go up by 28 points in the Superbowl because of a better than average FB.

stingbee likes this

Both were extremely important , the running game isn't gonna be the same and Aldrich Robinson was that guy that got us tds last year when Gabriel and Julio were covered , Hardy does not have to be go for 50 , 60 yard touchdowns 

Falcster likes this

1 hour ago, Falcster said:

Yes, DiMarco's departure will hurt.  I am sure that the FO did not count on the Bills offering so much for a FB.  It was not long ago that most teams did not even carry a FB.  The Falcons have been the exception for several seasons.  

DiMarco was great, but we will add another lead blocker for the run game.  Sarkisian is a firm believer in the interior run offense.  You can bet that another FB will be added.  It will take time for that blocker to gell with our RB's, but it will happen.

These losses are not crippling.  It is a fact that the better teams lose good players every year.  That is the nature of free agency.  It feels bad for us now because we have never been a really good team. 

Give credit to the FO and Dan Quinn.  

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

Both were extremely important , the running game isn't gonna be the same and Aldrich Robinson was that guy that got us tds last year when Gabriel and Julio were covered , Hardy does not have to be go for 50 , 60 yard touchdowns 

Lmao no

56 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

He played less than a third of our offensive snaps last year and full backs are very easily replaced, often by undrafted players. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Patrick DiMarco FB 324 31.18% 0 0% 145 30.53% Patrick DiMarco 2016 game-by-game snap counts

Aldrick Robinson WR 315 30.32% 0 0% 46 9.68% Aldrick Robinson 2016 game-by-game snap counts

Robinson had 20 catches for a grand total of 323 yards.

straight from pro football reference. Yeah buddy, losing both these guys is going to kill the team for next year, no point in watching any games or expecting us to win a single game, because you know THESE types numbers just can't be replaced.

I didn't  put that in purple to signify sarcasm, just stop reading my posts if it was necessary for ya, because you're a doofus 

Falconsfan567 likes this

One, the thread title makes no sense. I think you mean Keep, not Let, which is wrong, super bowl teams always lose players.

Two, If the Falcons had really wanted to keep DiMarco or Robinson, they would have. They had first chance to negotiate with them, they had plenty of cap room to keep both. Falcons decided to let them both go. The folks in the FO get paid 7 figures to make these decisions, you're some random poster making a thread on a messageboard. Going with the FO on this one.

Three, Falcons will grab a FB in late rounds or as a FA, save themselves  1.5 mil. May not get as much production, but  a million five is  million five. 75% of DiMarco's production at 25% of the cost is a good deal. It's why they let him go, they expect to find someone who can do that.

Four, Robinson was 7th in catches and  7th in TD passes last year, that's just not irreplaceable. Every receiver on the roster gets an extra 2 catches over the year, his production is recouped.

Got a five through ten, but that really covers the basics.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Robinson had a lot of key drops in the playoffs with no catches..he is way overrated on these boards

lets see if collin mooney can make a come back,I know he was injured but he did give DtMarco a run for the job.

3 hours ago, Falcster said:

He was in on 30% of run plays. Hardly important.

22 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He's clutch on third downs. You need to realize not everyone is gonna be a superstar like Julio. Everyone plays a role.

Exactly, he's complaining about losing role players, not key players.

ShanghaiDirtyBird likes this

4 hours ago, Falcster said:

So, is it just me or are any other Falcons fans out there concerned about (except for Weems) "the leakage" of really good outgoing Falcons players e.g. Patrick DiMarco and Aldrick Robinson etc.?

You have really low standards if you think Robinson is 'really good.'

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

One, the thread title makes no sense. I think you mean Keep, not Let, which is wrong, super bowl teams always lose players.

Two, If the Falcons had really wanted to keep DiMarco or Robinson, they would have. They had first chance to negotiate with them, they had plenty of cap room to keep both. Falcons decided to let them both go. The folks in the FO get paid 7 figures to make these decisions, you're some random poster making a thread on a messageboard. Going with the FO on this one.

Three, Falcons will grab a FB in late rounds or as a FA, save themselves  1.5 mil. May not get as much production, but  a million five is  million five. 75% of DiMarco's production at 25% of the cost is a good deal. It's why they let him go, they expect to find someone who can do that.

Four, Robinson was 7th in catches and  7th in TD passes last year, that's just not irreplaceable. Every receiver on the roster gets an extra 2 catches over the year, his production is recouped.

Got a five through ten, but that really covers the basics.

Agree. I think it's more important to extend Tru, Ryan and Free. We will find another FB. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

22 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Exactly, he's complaining about losing role players, not key players.

The guys we have lost are no where near Hardy