DT's still available: Which One - Poe, Hankins or Logan?

ATLFalcon36

Which DT left do you want? What kind of Contract?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Dontari Poe
    • Johnathan Hankins
    • Bennie Logan
    • Any of the 3 offer significant upgrade

1 minute ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

YvddpH8.png

Poe and Hankins both have 6+ sack seasons to their name. Logan is more of a run stuffer but has two 50+ tackle seasons.

Thanks for the graphic here. As much as I've heard of Poe with injury problems, the man has only missed 2 games in 5 years? I had no idea. Poe seems to be the answer despite the possibility of not having longevity. 

Just now, Outmyfalconmind said:

Thanks for the graphic here. As much as I've heard of Poe with injury problems, the man has only missed 2 games in 5 years? I had no idea. Poe seems to be the answer despite the possibility of not having longevity. 

It'd be great if we get him to slim down for his back, he gets to play one-gap with more pass rushing, as we've heard he wants to do, and maybe he returns to early career form and dominates. The ripple effect that would have on what Jarrett, Beasley and Deion Jones/other LBs could do could be massive. 

Especially consider the leap Beasley made from Year 1 to 2, if Jones, Neal, Campbell can do the same. We'd essentially be in Top 5-10 territory.

Just now, quotemokc said:

Jarrett only has 2 seasons left on his contract and I expect us to extend him at the end of next season.

I would go the 1 year Poe route and see how much we have to pay Jarrett before committing to big FA DT contract.

Is there not a 5th year option for 5th round picks giving us 3 years?

7 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

YvddpH8.png

Poe and Hankins both have 6+ sack seasons to their name. Logan is more of a run stuffer but has two 50+ tackle seasons. Logan has WAY more stops than Hankins in the same amount of years, but less pass rushing ability.

Poe is the most durable. Only missed 2 games in 5 seasons. 

16 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Which guy?

It looks like we have a 1-yr deal rental on Poe if we go that route, or a 3-4 yr deal on a Hankins or Logan.

If we can swing Hankins for under 10/yr avg, DT would be taken care of for the next 3-4 window during Jarrett's rookie deal.

I think we do a 1 yr deal with somebody and draft the next stud on the dline. 

7 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

It'd be great if we get him to slim down for his back, he gets to play one-gap with more pass rushing, as we've heard he wants to do, and maybe he returns to early career form and dominates. The ripple effect that would have on what Jarrett, Beasley and Deion Jones/other LBs could do could be massive. 

Especially consider the leap Beasley made from Year 1 to 2, if Jones, Neal, Campbell can do the same. We'd essentially be in Top 5-10 territory.

One can hope he can come in and dominate. He's got the potential, and rotating may be what he needs for a season with as much as he played each year. I really want freeney back even tho that possibility is shrinking more and more, but I give him full credit for Beasleys outbreak. That awful spin move he tried his rookie year compared to learning from the spin master. Idk that may be a far fetched theory but that's what I think. 

Plus the way jones played this year was immaculate given all the crap talked about him being too small.

neal shut me up, because when we drafted him I was pissed off, like very pissed off. But he is easily my favorite defensive player. Dunta Robinson hit too dangerously and William Moore hit and got hurt, but Neal is that hitter with fundamentals for the most part.

sky is the limit for those guys 

campbell is the one that I want to see really step up, his speed is there and his determination seems there, but I just feel he's gonna be the worrilow guy for us. Not sold yet

off topic, I mentioned in another thread about Kevin minter, who I really liked. He's a ILB by trade but if he could be transitioned to fill the OLB void, I'd be ecstatic, even tho I don't know his value or if that's just a ridiculous thought lol. 

1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Which guy?

It looks like we have a 1-yr deal rental on Poe if we go that route, or a 3-4 yr deal on a Hankins or Logan.

If we can swing Hankins for under 10/yr avg, DT would be taken care of for the next 3-4 window during Jarrett's rookie deal.

Man I'd be trying to sign Hankins but at know where near 10 mill.The guy is going to be in a rotation.Id be looking at Derrick Shelby type dollars 3-4 years at 18 mill somewhere in that area if they want more let someone else pay it.

Poe is my next but his back injury hardly inspires confidence but I guess if it's a 1 year prove it at 5-6 I could live with that.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Man I'd be trying to sign Hankins but at know where near 10 mill.The guy is going to be in a rotation.Id be looking at Derrick Shelby type dollars 3-4 years at 18 mill somewhere in that area if they want more let someone else pay it.

If we can get any of these 3 for around 6m/avg jump on it.

1 minute ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

If we can get any of these 3 for around 6m/avg jump on it.

That's what's in our favour because know one else has jumped on them yet  there value drops the longer they stay on the market the lower and lower the contract gets.

Man I even feel if we get them for 4-5 a season it's more like it basically TJax cap hit this year.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That's what's in our favour because know one else has jumped on them yet  there value drops the longer they stay on the market the lower and lower the contract gets.

Man I even feel if we get them for 4-5 a season it's more like it basically TJax cap hit this year.

It's taking at least 8 for Hankins. Dudes like Malik Jackson got 17mil/season, you really think we could get a DT with two 5+ sack seasons in 4 years for 4-5 mil? Get outta here

7 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

It's taking at least 8 for Hankins. Dudes like Malik Jackson got 17mil/season, you really think we could get a DT with two 5+ sack seasons in 4 years for 4-5 mil? Get outta here

I think there's a market difference this year because teams with absurd cap space don't need DTs. Though I think closer to 10 per is probably more accurate but here's to hoping it's less 

4 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I do because I don't think he's going to get the snaps like he did in NY.

Malik Jackson went on day 1 of FA last year so of course he got paid.Im telling you the longer these guys stay on the market the less they get.

There doesn't seem to be a need for 2 down run stuffers at this point in time so the market is what it is.It wouldn't surprise me if we got 1 of these guys for the money I mentioned.

Remember we aren't really buying them for pass rush we are buying run defenders and size so we can free up our LBers and release Jarrett and Beasley.