Capitalist

- Dimarco... - Worrilow... - Weems... - Robinson.... + Crawford....

71 posts in this topic

All I see are guys who play no snaps and kinda suck when called upon and DiMarco, who plays no snaps. 

You're really complaining about losing Worrilow, Robinson, and Weems...?? Come on man. DiMarco I can understand a bit more because he actually contributed more consistently. The rest are easily replaceable. LaRoy Reynolds > Worrilow and is cheaper. 

25 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They let a FB who played under 50% of running play snaps and cost $8.5 million walk and let a bunch of backups walk.

Truly this is the end of the world.

yup.. Dimarco is a great fullback.... dude  would de-cleat you in a hot second

But the reality is, as great as he was for what  we did.... he was only on the field for around 30-35% of our offensive snaps

I would have loved to keep him  but his loss  is not  going to   have a gigantic impact on what we do

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Day 2 of free agency with the draft over a month away and it's the end of the world?

I'm not saying it's the end of the world but looking back over the past several seasons when we failed to address our major needs with quality players, it showed during the season. Not to say that haven't tried.. who knows,  maybe the money isn't right for the type of player they need.. but we really needed to land a good guard or strengthen up the dline which is pitiful.  There's only so much we can do in the draft

So most likely we'll end up signing cast offs and hope for the best.  That typically doesn't work. 

1 minute ago, SyCo said:

I'm not saying it's the end of the world but looking back over the past several seasons when we failed to address our major needs with quality players, it showed during the season. Not to say that haven't tried.. who knows,  maybe the money isn't right for the type of player they need.. but we really needed to land a good guard or strengthen up the dline which is pitiful.  There's only so much we can do in the draft

So most likely we'll end up signing cast offs and hope for the best.  That typically doesn't work. 

There's still good players out there.

Looks like to me outside of DiMarco we just trimmed the fat.  I didn't want to see Worrilow or Weems on the field ever and Robinson was a 4th WR.  I don't see how replacing DiMarco's production or close to it will be difficult.  Let Ben Garland do it. :lol:

14 minutes ago, SyCo said:

I don't like losing robinson.  

9 minutes ago, SyCo said:

We'll see how it all shakes out...we're not even 24 hours in to FA yet.  I do know that paying Robinson the 2 years, $6 million that he's getting from the 49ers to be our WR 4/5 wouldn't have helped us in filling those other needs.

I admit I winced when I heard DiMarco was gone, and I don't like losing Robinson either. But I love the way Quinn and the FO have dramatically reshaped this roster and lifted this team up into the NFL elite in only two years' time.

Not even going to try to understand their thinking. I know that whatever the thinking is, it's firmly rooted in a plan that has already borne some lofty results in this town. I'm just going to sit back and see what develops with an open mind and a sense of optimism and anticipation.

The sucky thing abut losing Worriow.... we have 3 true linebackers under contract... and one is  primarily  a ST guy

I hope that we are able to add  at least a couple prior  to the draft

Diesel_Bird likes this

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The sucky thing abut losing Worriow.... we have 3 true linebackers under contract... and one is  primarily  a ST guy

I hope that we are able to add  at least a couple prior  to the draft

Right, and it's not like our LBs were healthy all year either 

1 minute ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Right, and it's not like our LBs were healthy all year either 

Yup... both  Jones  Campbell missed games last year

Right now  IMO LB is our biggest need

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yup... both  Jones  Campbell missed games last year

Right now  IMO LB is our biggest need

I think we will bring in a few backups via FA. Make 2 big signings like Poe and a RG and leave the rest to the draft and UDFA. It just looks bad but we are good. We may even draft two lb's in the draft to compete. But you're right tho. LB is the biggest need body wise. As long as we get quality bodies we'll be fine. 

WeDemBirds60 likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, SyCo said:

Free agency is fools gold. The draft is diamonds in the rough. In the last 10 years, the Falcons have 1 good free agency signing...Michael Turner. Otherwise, I can't think of a free agent the team signed that significantly improved the team

edit: forgot Mack. So that's 2 

Edited by JD dirtybird21
NCFalconfan likes this

13 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I also expect them to be absolute burners with great test results but need polishing 

TD and company know the traits. They will go get them. Much easier to coach up late rounders that are smart and have the traits 

So far so good. This makes the draft exciting because there is a place on the team for fresh blood with upside.

Falcon918 likes this

1 hour ago, SyCo said:

Got them to the Super Bowl in second year of the regime.

Falcon918 likes this

31 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I think we will bring in a few backups via FA. Make 2 big signings like Poe and a RG and leave the rest to the draft and UDFA. It just looks bad but we are good. We may even draft two lb's in the draft to compete. But you're right tho. LB is the biggest need body wise. As long as we get quality bodies we'll be fine. 

I think we will be ok too....... cupboard is kinda bare right now.

If we make a splash on defense.. I would rather it be Hightower than Poe IMO...I do not think Poe gives us any more than Hageman does........ and Hageman  is  in a contract year and if he commits himself this off season I think he is poised  for  monster year