Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheRisen999

Doing exactly what they said.

31 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I'll let the guys that won the NFC handily against the hardest schedule with a bunch of rooks,cast offs and 2nd year guys make the decisions.

 

In Quinn I trust.

This right here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I'll let the guys that won the NFC handily against the hardest schedule with a bunch of rooks,cast offs and 2nd year guys make the decisions.

 

In Quinn I trust.

Glad to see your back. Guess your wife got that tin of Xanax and Percocet/OxyContin brownies I sent Next Day mail after the SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

Many fans including me didn't like the draft last year as well as our FA signings other than Mack. 

We were wrong.

DQ, TD and Pioli have more than earned the benefit of doubt. 

Like Crawford, Upshaw, La Reynolds, Toilolo signings. Crawford reminds me of a Patrick Kearney/Jason Taylor rangy , athletic gamer. He could easily spell or switch to LDE or RDE from DT.

Godzilla1985 and TheRisen999 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past I would be stressed out by this time in FA! For some reason I'm at peace with whatever moves get made! This team has drafted well these last couple of years some I'm good! 

BIRDLAND 2.0 and TheRisen999 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Glad to see your back. Guess your wife got that tin of Xanax and Percocet/OxyContin brownies I sent Next Day mail after the SB.

Actually... I got banned for a month for my emotional rants the Sunday night after the SB. I let my emotional ties to the Birds make me an idiot:( Happy to be back with my Falcon Family though:slick:

Edited by Godzilla1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

Actually... I got banned for a month for my emotional rants the Sunday night after the SB. I let my emotional ties to the Birds make me an idiot:( Happy to be back with my Falcon Family thoug:slick:

If it wasn't for my faith I would have tracked down a couple Belichek lovers who are also supposed Fans , as well as trolls and cussed em out then dragged em behind Blank's limousine. I understand. Been taking huge break due to idiots and test studying.

Godzilla1985 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Actually... I got banned for a month for my emotional rants the Sunday night after the SB. I let my emotional ties to the Birds make me an idiot:( Happy to be back with my Falcon Family thoug:slick:

I hear you man. I've avoided this message board, NFL network, espn, madden and football in general like the plague til yesterday lol. Good to be back

Godzilla1985 and IamFRESCO1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I hear you man. I've avoided this message board, NFL network, espn, madden and football in general like the plague til yesterday lol. Good to be back

Thanks guys. Actually I flocked to TAFT as my only means of healing. I haven't listened to or watched a sports show since 2-5-2017 and don't plan to until we hoist a Lombardi. 

This place lets me know I'm not alone. Love you folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the 7-9 teams have their day in the sun. I trust in what Quinn and TD have been building. Give me more of the 2nd tier guys during free agency. What I look forward to is the draft!

Kung-Pow and TheRisen999 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What needs do we really have? Depth at LB? Another DT? A RG (or will Wes be the man)? 

With the insane money that gets thrown out, there is no need to bid on a guy like Zieter or Campbell when we can draft someone in the 3rd or 4th who makes a good impact. 

I haven't seen any moves this offseason that suddenly make me terrified. The Panthers are going to be relying heavily on a good draft. The Saints make moves every year and never get better. And the Bucs, well I have liked some of their moves. Jackson was a good get and so was Baker. But the Falcons are still better than the Bucs are virtually every position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offseason going as expected for a SB contender.

Definitely need a DT; or two, and RG is a question. Our most glaring needs (outside of FB?) post Jackson cut, Babs/Freeney being FAs.

However, those things could be done in the draft (or *COUGH* an under radar FA signing *COUGH*)...we basically have 2 DTs we can rely on as dedicated rotational players; unless you think of Crawford/Shelby/Clayborn as situational "DTs" on obvious pass rush personnel groupings. You need at least 1 other DT. This is why signing Poe makes a lot of sense, let him be your 2-down work horse and draft a DT mid-rounds / still consider a DE on day 1. Likely looking at RG still at 31

(even if Wes projects well the OL needs more talent going forward since weakest link was OL condition during the SB with 3 injured linemen, MORE DEPTH I SAY~~~ zzz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that frustrates me is that Matt Schaub was signed to such a big contract.

I have three rules regarding building a NFL roster:

1) Dont pay running backs big money

2) Dont pay back up QB's big money

3) You cant draft to many pass rushers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody is really panicking--it's like Knight of God said--it's fun to speculate. It's fun to be excited about "what ifs." And FA isn't even close to over, yet. So who knows what we'll end up with.

If I had to guess--and it's a very uninformed guess--i'm still thinking RG and maybe Poe could be additions.

I really like the Crawford signing. Good rotational piece with size and athleticism

momak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

That the focus of early free agency would be to retain and re-sign our own players. Work on long term deals for Trufant and eventually Freeman.

Lol yea what he said ^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I'll let the guys that won the NFC handily against the hardest schedule with a bunch of rooks,cast offs and 2nd year guys make the decisions.

 

In Quinn I trust.

Exactly, I think they've earned that at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slimjim said:

Offseason going as expected for a SB contender.

Definitely need a DT; or two, and RG is a question. Our most glaring needs (outside of FB?) post Jackson cut, Babs/Freeney being FAs.

However, those things could be done in the draft (or *COUGH* an under radar FA signing *COUGH*)...we basically have 2 DTs we can rely on as dedicated rotational players; unless you think of Crawford/Shelby/Clayborn as situational "DTs" on obvious pass rush personnel groupings. You need at least 1 other DT. This is why signing Poe makes a lot of sense, let him be your 2-down work horse and draft a DT mid-rounds / still consider a DE on day 1. Likely looking at RG still at 31

(even if Wes projects well the OL needs more talent going forward since weakest link was OL condition during the SB with 3 injured linemen, MORE DEPTH I SAY~~~ zzz)

Been hearing teams are worried about Poes back. If there's any truth to that I don't want anything to do with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

The only thing that frustrates me is that Matt Schaub was signed to such a big contract.

I have three rules regarding building a NFL roster:

1) Dont pay running backs big money

2) Dont pay back up QB's big money

3) You cant draft to many pass rushers

Keeping Schaub was smart and realistically he won't see that whole contract that's why its front loaded.  Schaub knows the system we ran and that helps Ryan.  The staff knows he's pretty much an extra coach and that makes life a little easier for the offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0