Clevland Browns Inept as Always.. Trade for Osweiler

clownorg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Jahi Sun said:

Starting to think the browns have been folding every season on purpose

Yes and no. They decided to go into the an analytics styled, all in rebuild. You get rid of the albatross players to free up your budget, trade what valuable players you do have to stock up on what is valuable to you going forward (eg. prospects, draft picks), use the budget/cap space to basically buy valuable prospects/draft picks via eating bad contracts, and get a bunch of stop gap players to fill spots until your prospects are ready or until you can draft players to fill those positions long term.

It is what won the Cubs their first World Series in over a century. It is what the Braves did to go from the verge of collapse and 2nd worst farm system in baseball to a very bright future and best farm system in only two years. It is what the Browns currently are doing.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The Braves basically did what the Browns did during their rebuild.

Yeah the Touki trade would be a similar comp. However what the Braves have done during there rebuild has been pretty revolutionary as far as far as baseball trades go. When I think of baseball type trades I think of trading a player in their walk year for prospects with longer control. 

Just now, The Smart One said:

Yeah the Touki trade would be a similar comp. However what the Braves have done during there rebuild has been pretty revolutionary as far as far as baseball trades go. When I think of baseball type trades I think of trading a player in their walk year for prospects with longer control. 

That's basically what they did in year one by trading Heyward and JUpton. Since then they have basically traded a paperclip for a house.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The Braves basically did what the Browns did during their rebuild.

26 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Yes and no. They decided to go into the an analytics styled, all in rebuild. You get rid of the albatross players to free up your budget, trade what valuable players you do have to stock up on what is valuable to you going forward (eg. prospects, draft picks), use the budget/cap space to basically buy valuable prospects/draft picks via eating bad contracts, and get a bunch of stop gap players to fill spots until your prospects are ready or until you can draft players to fill those positions long term.

It is what won the Cubs their first World Series in over a century. It is what the Braves did to go from the verge of collapse and 2nd worst farm system in baseball to a very bright future and best farm system in only two years. It is what the Browns currently are doing.

76ers in basketball and the Maple Leafs in hockey did the same thing. Its by far the smartest way to rebuild your team. The Cubs and Maple Leafs have the best future in both thier respective sports and the 76ers are right there to as long as Embiid can stay healthy.