Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight of God

To All You Patriot Way Anti Make A Move Guys

33 posts in this topic

The patriots have traded a 4th for a TE which is a huge no-no on these boards and is locking down Gillmore from the Bills. Not sure but word is he is getting top dollar.

So you see? Its quite okay to deviate from conversations about low tier players just to save MB money on a post or thread.

We should be wiling to pay the guys that are worth it. The young, high upside, peaking-at-the-right time type players that fit our scheme should cause us to consider spending the money. 

We can't afford to stick to a rigid philosophy. The Patriots have a core philosophy, but it is fluid depending on the situation. We should be as well. 

BUT YOU SHOULD JUST GRAB SOME UDFAS TO FILL ALL ROLES AND SAVE ALL THE MONEY FOR EMERGENCIES AND GIVE EACH OF OUR CURRENT PLAYERS TOP-OF-POSITION MONEY BECAUSE BROTHERHOOD

4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Yeah I don't get it. Every single key Falcon is currently under contract and we have 18-19mil in space. Why wouldn't the Falcons be buyers right now, fresh off a SB appearance???

We are. Its just a taboo subject. The Panthers found out the hard way. Ignore FA and draft need. Thats what folks here want though.

ZoneOne01 likes this

4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Yeah I don't get it. Every single key Falcon is currently under contract and we have 18-19mil in space. Why wouldn't the Falcons be buyers right now, fresh off a SB appearance???

We are. Its just a taboo subject. The Panthers found out the hard way. Ignore FA and draft need. Thats what folks here want though.

45 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

The patriots have traded a 4th for a TE which is a huge no-no on these boards and is locking down Gillmore from the Bills. Not sure but word is he is getting top dollar.

So you see? Its quite okay to deviate from conversations about low tier players just to save MB money on a post or thread.

Reports that they're looking to swap Malcolm Butler for Brandin Cooks, too. 

Although, its worth pointing out that they're in a bit of a different situation than we are. In theory, they have a shorter window so they can afford to push all in more. Ryan-led Falcons likely has 5+ years left so "patience" could lead to a bigger window. 

Or we can just sign awesome players and win the next 3 SBs. I'm cool with whatever. 

11 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I think they will be. Not like the Browns or Jags but in a smart way. Maybe one high profile signing and a couple quality rotation pieces. Then 4 picks get put into the defense and we move forward. 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Although, its worth pointing out that they're in a bit of a different situation than we are. In theory, they have a shorter window so they can afford to push all in more. Ryan-led Falcons likely has 5+ years left so "patience" could lead to a bigger window. 

Or we can just sign awesome players and win the next 3 SBs. I'm cool with whatever. 

I am just saying. Its ok to talk about moves 

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Absolutely. If anything, its the majority of the fun during this time of the NFL calendar. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Pats really aren't pushing all in though. The moves they made the last 2 days:

4th for Allen +6 (Fills Bennett departure)

Gilmore

Potentially Butler (27) for Cooks (23). Not to mention Butler is a FA next season while Cooks has two more years left. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital
Knight of God likes this

27 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Not sure what point you're making about the Panthers. They "ignored" free agency because they were in cap **** from overpaying the wrong players at the wrong positions. 

1989Fan and Crazy Trav like this

2 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Not sure what point you're making about the Panthers. They "ignored" free agency because they were in cap **** from overpaying the wrong players at the wrong positions. 

You guys and this cap ****.

Flying Falcon likes this

So not really different than when we traded for a guy like Levitre before and signed Mack last season? 

We always bring in one significant piece so what's the argument? 

We used to have to overpay because we sucked. Now we have a rep as a winner with a great staff and owner. It's nice to finally be part of a buyers market. And coming off a SB I agree 100% with spending your money to keep that team together rather than spending it on guys you hope will fit.

Crazy Trav likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

But...bill would never trade precious draft picks for players (like he did for Dillion, Welker and others, as well) 

this should be in purple 

Knight of God likes this

39 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I thought thats what this thread would be about lol

Actually BB is probably one of the most active in trading every season...Heck probably the most active.

Speaking of trades, I seriously doubt it'd ever happen, but I wish we could pry away Stephone Anthony from the Saints. Dude had a great rookie year but isn't being used the right way and Saints fans are calling for his head. Hyper athletic LB with a crazy ceiling. 

Knight of God and Yo_Lover like this

5 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Speaking of trades, I seriously doubt it'd ever happen, but I wish we could pry away Stephone Anthony from the Saints. Dude had a great rookie year but isn't being used the right way and Saints fans are calling for his head. Hyper athletic LB with a crazy ceiling. 

I've thought about that too. We're the perfect fit for his skills, but there's no way in **** they trade him in division.

Falcan Moore and Knight of God like this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Mann, this board makes me so mad sometimes with the inability to even discuss trades or FA signings as an option. 

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Mann, this board makes me so mad sometimes with the inability to even discuss trades or FA signings as an option. 

Yeah because Madden. Even though when I played I traded down a lot and developed the players...Lol. Never took FAs 

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Yeah because Madden. Even though when I played I traded down a lot and developed the players...Lol. Never took FAs 

21 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I like to take a superstar team (Pats, Falcons, Seahawks, etc) and trade away every single player and restart from the ground up only by drafting.

Knight of God likes this