Who is your favorite defensive player on current Falcons roster?

this is a tough one, i really like Beasley because he is a "homeboy" and a very good player, but if i'm picking who i think will be the biggest impact player over the next few years.... id say Jones.... he reminds me of Brooks in Tampa a few years ago... man was always around the ball, had bad intentions when he got to the ball, and seemed to return every pic he got for a TD.... man disrupted everything.... i think Jones is gonna be that guy

My favorite is Alford. I think he still learning and improving as a player. He gets his hands on the ball and he showed me he can check #1 WRs this year. I'm a DB and corner was what I played mostly even though I loved playing safety.  Watch out for Alford this coming year. He has reduced the penalties and continues to make plays. I'm betting he is fringe Probowler next year.

If I had to bet today who would have the best career, it would have to be Deion Jones.  His game looks the most complete to me right now.  Beasley is passrusher only, Neal still has trouble in coverage although a fierce hitter.

Obviously if Beasley can continue to stack up double digit sack seasons he could be the guy - right now, I think he is a little.overrated.

2 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Has to be Grady Jarrett,  besides being the son of my favorite Falcon ever he's come in to his own, his SuperBowl performance was staggering, and I look for him to be an all-pro player for years to come.

Xactly.  Agree 100%

Dude has great form/technique impressive strength on the inside and his motor seemed to increase as the season progressed.  

He's 23 yrs old, so tremendous upside potential over the next 5 years with good workout regime, getting coached-up and game experience.  

Two years ago I'm not sure we could even pick a player besides Trufant to like. A statement to how much our defense has improved that we even have half a dozen options of "favorite players" and guys that make plays and contribute at a high level.

Gotta go with DeBo and Neal, love the way they play. Nothing like a true beast at MLB, but you gotta love the superbowl that Grady Jarrett played.