Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arkridge

Patrick DiMarco Signs With The Bills

105 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

New OC prefers to use versatile TE as FB sort of like an H-Back. So i can get where they are going. Probably will see DJ as FB

Dimarco can fill that role as well. Heck, how many FBs can line out wide effectively?

Someone posted it earlier, we didn't even use dimarco on half of our running plays and you know he was only in for maybe a 5th of our passing plays at most... sorry but FB is not a HIGH priority in our offense. He is a great blocker yes but no he is not worth 2 - 2.5/yr... look at jrzyabchek or whatever his name is... dude had 78 receptions this year.. what'd dimarco have? 

5 minutes ago, DirtyBirdInThe610 said:

Now I just saw that the Bills also signed Mike Tolbert,I wonder what they plan on doing with the two of them.

Some sort of wishbone with all fullbacks and Tyrod Taylor in the middle.

Flying Falcon likes this

7 minutes ago, DirtyBirdInThe610 said:

Now I just saw that the Bills also signed Mike Tolbert,I wonder what they plan on doing with the two of them.

Great question,,,,,,,and considering that its Burffalow,, feel free to keep the answer to yourself.

4 hours ago, Worzone said:

He's stupid.  The bills? Really? Go from a contender to a team not even good enough to be a pretender? Lol 

It's about the money! This is their profession you know...

Karst41 and Flying Falcon like this

33 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dimarco has 37 career receptions...

1 career rush...

IN 5 YEARS

guys I'm sorry but we can find a good blocking FB who gives us 8 receptions a year for 700k/yr 

again you read that right... 1 career rush for 0 yards...

I am in your camp that this should be an relatively easy role to fill as the demand for this spot is not high at all. 

I hope we are right!

SirrDooley and SkerFalcon8710 like this

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'll miss him but to be fair, Dimarco was a nobody before he came here, and we couldn't get him out the door fast enough before Quinn came along.

My man.

Dude was a scrub with Smitty here. I'm glad he'll be able to provide for him family for a while, but to leave after a day when we made who he was speaks volumes.

He was only in 11 or 12 offensive snaps a year.  One rush in five years.  Less than one reception a game.  Unless you are running a power running game with big mauling O linemen than a FB is not an asset.  Our running game does not need a FB.  IMO it was a waste of a roster spot.  We need a guy who can at least get two receptions a game and be a good pass blocker.  Maybe get one or two rushes a game for a few yards.  This is a good move and a positive progression for our Oline.  We can add a real weapon instead of a guy who might just be in for 12 snaps a game.

Draftnut57 likes this

This is hard to believe... But on the brighter side of this happening,, Maybe we can get that bigger back I've been wanting that can get those must 2 or 3 yards... I'd say that TD and Co. have their sights on a more usable. FB .. That bigger back that can not only block,, but can be that 3rd back as well. I've got one in my mock that I'd love for us to get..And he's big enough to play Full back as well. I don't see this as bad of a move as some on here do.. I think it will end up being a good move when all is said and done..

It's funny to watch y'all freak out over losing players. Be happy y'all. This shows we're moving in the right direction.  Oh and if we keep drafting well this is going to be happening a lot more. 

Knight of God likes this

Wow.people seriously think he made that big of a difference ? He wasn't even the best blocker , the fastest , or had the best hands of the fullbacks in the league.he was just a part of a team that actually used the fullback more often than others.he is easily replaceable .some of the best runs he had little to do with it.people relax

I really liked DiMarco (standup guy on and off the field) and was all for him staying but if I'm being real, his contribution to our offense was probably not worth as much as his value to a team that apparently wants to run the ball down your throat.  I can't think of too many reasons a team would get to premium FBs when most teams have one or none.

I made peace with emotional ties last year when RW84 got the axe.  This is business and so far I trust the decisions this team has made personnel-wise.  Maybe Sark wants to expand Perkins role or is going to chase someone to fill that skillset.

10 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Apparently Mike Tolbert is set to sign with the Bills too.

Thats a bit odd?

He is playing RB. I said a few years ago during the whole "run game being phased out" BS. When the run comes back it will be bigger and more competitive. Guys going top 5 and 10. I think our FO has something interesting in mind.

Save 2mil a year, draft a younger more athletic player and get a comp pick. Sounds pretty good to me. Why are people mad about this?