Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arkridge

Patrick DiMarco Signs With The Bills

103 posts in this topic

The reactions here are interesting. I don't think that price alone was the sticking point. It we were probably not willing to do more than two years. It took two sides not to get a deal done.

10 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

A really good FB at that. He was a fuggin monster and won't be easy to replace for you guys.

I agree, still just a FB

Hmph. That's surprising.

Still, it's not hard to find another FB. I just hope we can find one that can pick up this offense.

41 minutes ago, SyCo said:

Didn't pat kind of suck at pass blocking? Maybe they wanted to bring in some competition with the possibility of cutting him anyways.  

Only FB I saw last year that could reliably block a DE. Granted I didn't watch the other teams all that much.

20 minutes ago, Statick said:

Hmph. That's surprising.

Still, it's not hard to find another FB. I just hope we can find one that can pick up this offense.

Yeah, but finding one as good as DiMarco won't be as easy as some of you think. I was pissed when we let Ovie walk now we let Pat walk smh... but oh man we definitely gotta re-sign Schaub!!! 

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Yeah, but finding one as good as DiMarco won't be as easy as some of you think. I was pissed when we let Ovie walk now we let Pat walk smh... but oh man we definitely gotta re-sign Schaub!!! 

I didn't say it was going to be easy, but I'd be worried if we ran most of our stuff out of the I or a shift more than half the time, which we don't.

If we can bring in a FA that can block well, I'd be fine with that.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

I didn't say it was going to be easy, but I'd be worried if we ran most of our stuff out of the I or a shift more than half the time, which we don't.

If we can bring in a FA that can block well, I'd be fine with that.

Also need one that can catch out of the backfield preferably. Pat could do that

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Also need one that can catch out of the backfield preferably. Pat could do that

We've got two RB that can catch on a hot read. Again, not a offensive killer if we don't find a FB that can't catch.

Hmmmm....(ESPN's Bills reporter, btw)

The Bills have agreed to terms on a deal with RB/FB Mike Tolbert that is expected to become official Thursday, a source told ESPN New York Giants reporter Jordan Raanan. The three-time Pro Bowler will likely be a short yardage runner for the Bills after the team agreed to terms with lead-blocking fullback Patrick DiMarco earlier Wednesday.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Frodak_mike_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropMike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

53 minutes ago, stizz said:

Starting to think he didn't like it here and wasn't a "culture" fit. 

When someone leaves that soon, it speaks volumes.

Or maybe he just wanted a bigger role in the offense and the bills promised him as such.

Ok,, this guy had a good season on a "Contract year"  and is just a very avarage FB  who just cashed in on the biggest contract of his career.

Too bad its in Barfalo NY,

However:  He aint no Fking Roger Craig, or Alstott so y'all need to stop crying over a FB.

1 hour ago, ryantlanta said:

Wtf on that weak a** contract we couldn't offer that or what? 

Disrespectful to not give a pro bowler that smh

26 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Or maybe he just wanted a bigger role in the offense and the bills promised him as such.

Bigger role? I understand the position was pretty much excluded during the 2nd half of games, but this is as good as it gets.

ATL made him and he didn't even stay around for a counter. Just like other guys this city made in Brent Grimes and Demarre Carroll, he's going to find out the grass isn't greener. ESPECIALLY without a quarterback. 

2 hours ago, Arkridge said:

Stupid. We should have paid him. He quietly helps the offense in so many different ways. Sucks to see him go.

We say this about every fullback. As a matter of fact a lot of teams do.

1 hour ago, Karst41 said:

Ok,, this guy had a good season on a "Contract year"  and is just a very avarage FB  who just cashed in on the biggest contract of his career.

Too bad its in Barfalo NY,

However:  He aint no Fking Roger Craig, or Alstott so y'all need to stop crying over a FB.

He had 2 pro bowl quality years back to back. In fact he was probably better in 2015. He didn't have a contract year performance. He's just a great full back 

Im in a small boat that doesnt think he was worth the $2 million / year for 10-15 snaps a game...FBs are dime a dozen in the league...only ones you hear about are on teams that still use them...and they are all "good"...

Interesting draft selection would be James Connor at RB....move him to FB....I think he would do it...

Blake Jarwin is in play as HB as well....

I thought we did well in 1 back sets...

Not worried...that means we get $2 million more to go towards OG or DL....we will get a good college FB in the UDFA market...

vitaman likes this

1 hour ago, PK Manley said:

Hmmmm....(ESPN's Bills reporter, btw)

The Bills have agreed to terms on a deal with RB/FB Mike Tolbert that is expected to become official Thursday, a source told ESPN New York Giants reporter Jordan Raanan. The three-time Pro Bowler will likely be a short yardage runner for the Bills after the team agreed to terms with lead-blocking fullback Patrick DiMarco earlier Wednesday.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Frodak_mike_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropMike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

Best fullback corps in the league?:huh:

Karst41 likes this