ATLSlobberKnockers

We could get easily a first and second rnd pick

135 posts in this topic

And save 20 mil in contracts (best case) and most likely 25-30 mil by Trading TRU (first). And yes several teams would give ATLEAST a first. He was drafted as a first and has shown pro-bowl caliber. Who would draft a first rnd CB?  Also Freeman is borderline first but easily a second rounder to anyone that saw him break the ankles of the best defenders in this league. I';d add we would get a third this year(TRU or 2nd next year.) Also Free will fetch us atleast a 6th rnd also. IF we lost gabe for a second we would be BETTER OFF. 2 first rnd picks, 3 second round picks with two in top 45 most likely. 2 thirds. & top 100 players, gets us a 4.3. receiver to replace Gabe, A 4.4-4.45 tight end, an all around rb with a higher gear, a stud RG. And 2 DE/edge rusher/DTs. All in the first 3 rounds. And all we miss is Trufant(Collins is better and dont need a huge contract for a third outsside cb without aggression or ability to strip a ball or pick one off. ALF has 3 pick sixes that I can think of. I'd rathar have a stud pass rusher.Freeman is fun to watch but doesn't have that second gear. THere are ALOT of balanced rbs in the 3rd-5th rounds, or just pick up a FA, like dude from Oakland. Toilolo can be replaced by that 295 pd OT that runs a 4,7-4.79, and athletic enough to keep edge rushers from getting past him on either side. A swing tackle that can play tight end is a DQ guy.

Can someone explain why we don't keep 25 mil capspace and load up on picks and replace everyone lost with better and younger players? THat is the Patriots way. It's obvious to me. Being able to watch someone that can get to the 25 on kickoffs would be electric. Weems kills us with that lost field position. We start out needing 40 yards to score 3 ( 8 out of ten times), but Weems makes it 55-60. If we would have put Gabe, or Alford, or collins, or Jones, or Robinson, or Coleman, orJones, Neal, Allen, Poole, Goodwin, or Freeman we win the superbowl. Why Weems? He's a gunner, and shyt returner. We should have sat Weems for Nick Williams and won the Superbowl. Why not?

Falcon mama and Dukeduke211 like this

Are you for real.

Why are we off loading our best corner?

Why do you think it's a good idea to get rid of players we have developed.

Threads like this make me think we have fans who are intent on sabotaging our team let alone think there improving it.

mar31985, natod12, RYNE and 25 others like this

I would rather add a Probowl CB in his prime to the NFC Champions, than a maybe in the 1st and 2nd round...

Studs:

Deion Jones, Grady Jarrett, Keanu Neal, Vic Beasley, Robert Alford, Jalen Collins... 

Add Desmond Trufant back to that group and We are sitting 7 studs deep out of 11. 

And Ricardo Allen, Ra'Shede Hageman, Brian Poole, Kemal Ishmael and Devondre Campbell could all still develop into studs on our defense...

Sign and draft defense this offseason and we could realistically field a top 8 defense and a top 4 offense...

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

I hear you man! You just stopped too soon. We could also get a couple of first round picks for Ryan and Julio too. Save even more money. Dump Teco for a second. Jake Matthews would be good for another first. We could end up with five or six first round picks if we get rid of everybody. Our total payroll could be less than a McDonalds restaurant payroll. 

Draft picks our risky, some turn out some don't. We made it to the  SB but now some want to tear that down and do a complete rebuild. That is not the way a runner up SB team should operate. I'm very cautious about the upcoming season. We loss a third of our Coaching staff. The FO is going to have to be very creative 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

People overstate the value of players who are about to get paid.  They would not trade a first for Trufant and then have to sign & pay him 10-12 million.  

Every year we go into the draft thinking that 25-30 guys in the 1st are going to be studs. Just as likely to get a DJ Hayden instead of a Desmond Trufant. If you have a guy who is good then keep him. 

23 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Some people clearly don't understand how pro football works.

Clearly.

I think we will resign both,, And hope we do... But if we traded either of the two,, I'd be more willing to trade Trufant..  no way would I even think of trading a player as good as Freeman.. He is a critical piece to our  future  SB MVP... And if we can.. I'd actually rather keep Trufant also,, if he's willing and able to play for us. WE are so close to having the best team talent wise that the NFL has seen in many many years. We need more Great players.. Not less.

egoprime II and Slappywhite like this

Trufant is getting re-signed. Stop with the whole "let's trade Trufant" who happens to be one of our top players, and also one who we drafted. Makes absolutely no sense. TRUFANT WILL STAY A FALCON. Some of y'all act like this is a problem Smfh 

Slappywhite likes this

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Are you for real.

Why are we off loading our best corner?

Why do you think it's a good idea to get rid of players we have developed.

Threads like this make me think we have fans who are intent on sabotaging our team let alone think there improving it.

pats do it all the time

Isn't this the second thread you've made on this subject?

Will you stop talking about it when Tru is signed? 

No one is giving you a 1st and 2nd for Trufant and then paying him a ton of money, they just aren't.  Aren't giving up a first either. 

And, Tru would have made a huge difference in the last game the falcons played.

And trying to trade Free is just as silly, sorry, but no one is going to give you what you're asking for Free.

If Free insists on getting paid AP type money, then, after this next year, you let him go, until then, you get a really good player for a 2 mil cap hit next year.

And, you should never believe what anybody says publicly during negotiations. Players will say it's not about the money and then sign a huge contract with a team like Cleveland; players will say they won't play under a franchise tag, then sign it a month later, nobody tells the truth to the media.

And wanting a huge contract and getting it are two way different things.

There's a reason nobody else agrees with you here. 

Slappywhite likes this

Settle down everyone. Let's actually think this out......

If we pay trufant and Freeman. We will be pushing our cap this year to where we can get upshaw, dimarco, and a top guard in free agency. And that's it........ But we will end up having Vic, Neal, Matthews to start paying for. So will we have the money to do that? Vic, Neal and Matthews mean a lot more to this team than trufant. 

Like it or not, our secondary looked the same with and without trufant. So why pay for something that does not improve you when they are on the field?

9e8ea365c378e031ad6476a884d3c5fdc0b21b842666c714477ca48dbe34b7f7.jpg

WhenFalconsWin likes this

54 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Like it or not, our secondary looked the same with and without trufant. So why pay for something that does not improve you when they are on the field?

Ask that question to Quinn and TD as they have continually said getting a deal for Trufant is their highest off season priority. Its completely moot at this point - Trufant is not getting traded nor is he walking.

kiwifalcon likes this