Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerry

Official 2017 NFL Scouting Combine Results Thread

725 posts in this topic

No surprise, Evan Engram is the lightest of all the TEs

Pharaoh Brown and David Njoku win the award for most naturally gifted, as both measured in with over 35 arms and over 10 hands

Michael Roberts of Toledo has shorter arms but sports the biggest hands of the bunch at 11 1/2

Interestingly, Darrell Daniels of Washington measured out pretty nicely as well, and you wonder if we might give him a look as an UDFA

Isaac Asiata from Utah "won" the bench with 35, but a couple other guys got close with 34: 

Aviante Collins TCU

Jermaine Eluemunor Texas A&M

Forrest Lamp WKU

Those 3 were also the only other OL to crack 30, or even 28 ftm

Overall, with a few notable exceptions, today was not a good day for Bench press from the OL

Pretty dissapointing overall

jazzyburrell likes this

7 different OL did not participate in the bench, including Skipper, which is unfortunate b/c I was really looking forward to seeing his numbers

I'm going to have to give Aviante Collins a look. That many reps with his weight, and longer arms than Lamp, gotten me curious

Ironically, while Asiata took first in the bench, his teammate Sam Tevi tied with Chad Wheeler from USC for worst, with 15

Best bench for RB was Samaje Perine from Oklahoma with 30

very impressive for a RB, in fact it's better than all but 4 of the OL

worst was Pumphrey with 5

Kayoh likes this

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Best bench for RB was Samaje Perine from Oklahoma with 30

very impressive for a RB, in fact it's better than all but 4 of the OL

worst was Pumphrey with 5

Perine is great but I'm very worried that between his bench and other workouts he's going to end up landing in the top 50 and we won't even have a shot at him in the 2nd, much less the 3rd or 4th which would be a much easier to swallow spot for us to draft a RB at.

Worth noting that Fournette did not participate. Neither did Jamaal Williams, since I know he's talked about on here.

Mcaffrey only did 10, while a couple other guys barely made it into double digits as well

52 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

This TE group is so loaded; lots of scheme variety and differences in strengths but there are so many guys that can be contributors.

yeah this is the best TE class I've seen in a while.

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

yeah this is the best TE class I've seen in a while.

Do you like Jonnu Smith as a 4th-5th rounder? I like him a lot...

OJ Howard measrements...geez!!!

3 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Perine is great but I'm very worried that between his bench and other workouts he's going to end up landing in the top 50 and we won't even have a shot at him in the 2nd, much less the 3rd or 4th which would be a much easier to swallow spot for us to draft a RB at.

If we go for a RB, that's exactly who I want. He's very strong, that's why he breaks so many tackles.

I've been pounding the table for Asiata as a mid round guard option for months...Cant wait to see him in movement drills to see if he is a viable option as a ZBS guard

Today is a great day...we get the DL and LB measurements!!!! Im a little giddy...plus TE bench measures too!

datchrisb1 likes this

It's just funny how the combine changes opinions more than the players actually doing the job they will be getting paid for.  It is really ugly to have 10 reps (McCaffrey), I can do more than 10 right now, lol... but I just don't get the reflex to not consider him and what not because of that if you were all gun hoe for him before he got on that bench. Lenard Fournette coming in 10 lbs heavier, o my god, to me it's just way to overblown.