Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerry

Official 2017 NFL Scouting Combine Results Thread

725 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, HEIST said:

Fournette looks like a near 4.3 guy

I dont see it...I thought he played at 230...he either lost weight or gained it...in which case if he lost it, he was playing at 245-250...which is kinda scary good...

 

I think he runs 4.5-4.6 range....I dont see burner speed with him and I also dont see a great start...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I dont see it...I thought he played at 230...he either lost weight or gained it...in which case if he lost it, he was playing at 245-250...which is kinda scary good...

 

I think he runs 4.5-4.6 range....I dont see burner speed with him and I also dont see a great start...

At 240, a 4.5 is still ridiculous. He does look like a 4.4 something guy on the field to me. Never seen him get caught, that's the main difference to me. 4.5 guys get caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kayoh said:

I love NFLDS when they get their data up, I just hate how long it takes them to get their data up. lol

You and me both. But I'll see if one of my agent friends can pass along the official combine sheet this year.

Kayoh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

At 240, a 4.5 is still ridiculous. He does look like a 4.4 something guy on the field to me. Never seen him get caught, that's the main difference to me. 4.5 guys get caught.

4.5 guys get caught by 4.3 and 4.4 guys taking good angles...and there arent many of those on the field in CFB....wont find many LBs running 4.5 range and DBs? Check the combine 40s after Monday....it will tell you how many guys can "catch" him....

Im not saying 4.5-4.6 is a bad thing in this case....simply saying, if Fournette runs 4.4...I would be shocked...and yes, his 40 matters b/c if its 4.6, he will be viewed as a plotter that overpowered guys in college...not that that is a bad thing, but it changes perception for teams....

Dalvin Cook is the best RB in this class, and its not close...Fournette will be Brandon Jacobs for the next 5-6 years until injuries dwindle his career....

jazzyburrell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

4.5 guys get caught by 4.3 and 4.4 guys taking good angles...and there arent many of those on the field in CFB....wont find many LBs running 4.5 range and DBs? Check the combine 40s after Monday....it will tell you how many guys can "catch" him....

Im not saying 4.5-4.6 is a bad thing in this case....simply saying, if Fournette runs 4.4...I would be shocked...and yes, his 40 matters b/c if its 4.6, he will be viewed as a plotter that overpowered guys in college...not that that is a bad thing, but it changes perception for teams....

Dalvin Cook is the best RB in this class, and its not close...Fournette will be Brandon Jacobs for the next 5-6 years until injuries dwindle his career....

Man just listening to TD talk at the combine. Dude, I just have a funny feeling that if either McDowell or Barnett are at that 15 range, we are going to get him. Out of the two honestly, I kind of prefer Barnett. Otherwise, I really do think they are getting the best player there at 31. Just listening to him talk, he's looking to move up with a team with 2 picks, something like that. I think all positions (not including QB) are being considered at 31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

Man just listening to TD talk at the combine. Dude, I just have a funny feeling that if either McDowell or Barnett are at that 15 range, we are going to get him. Out of the two honestly, I kind of prefer Barnett. Otherwise, I really do think they are getting the best player there at 31. Just listening to him talk, he's looking to move up with a team with 2 picks, something like that. I think all positions (not including QB) are being considered at 31.

I think Solomon Thomas is our guy, we could see a moveup if he slips to 20 (It sounds like NFL teams are not AS impressed as the online community who has him top 5)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

Man just listening to TD talk at the combine. Dude, I just have a funny feeling that if either McDowell or Barnett are at that 15 range, we are going to get him. Out of the two honestly, I kind of prefer Barnett. Otherwise, I really do think they are getting the best player there at 31. Just listening to him talk, he's looking to move up with a team with 2 picks, something like that. I think all positions (not including QB) are being considered at 31.

I honestly just don't see the infatuation with Barnett. Him and Taco are two guys who are seriously overrated in this class. 

1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

4.5 guys get caught by 4.3 and 4.4 guys taking good angles...and there arent many of those on the field in CFB....wont find many LBs running 4.5 range and DBs? Check the combine 40s after Monday....it will tell you how many guys can "catch" him....

Im not saying 4.5-4.6 is a bad thing in this case....simply saying, if Fournette runs 4.4...I would be shocked...and yes, his 40 matters b/c if its 4.6, he will be viewed as a plotter that overpowered guys in college...not that that is a bad thing, but it changes perception for teams....

Dalvin Cook is the best RB in this class, and its not close...Fournette will be Brandon Jacobs for the next 5-6 years until injuries dwindle his career....

I think Fournette is getting a little underrated. He reminds me of Ricky Williams the way he runs. He's got an insane burst that's reminiscent of AP and his breakaway speed is evident on tape . I do have concerns about his vision but there's no denying his athletic ability. Keep in mind he faced 8 man boxes on 66% of his snaps. The national average was 33%. He's scheme limited and needs to play in a downhill running scheme like in Carolina and Oakland. But if he can find the right fit he'll be a beast. 

I agree that Cook is better due to his vision and scheme versatility. However I don't think their as far apart as you're making it seem. 

38 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I think Solomon Thomas is our guy, we could see a moveup if he slips to 20 (It sounds like NFL teams are not AS impressed as the online community who has him top 5)

Thomas would be a good fit.  I really think if Hooker falls we need to strongly consider moving up. He can have a ET like affect on this defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I think Solomon Thomas is our guy, we could see a moveup if he slips to 20 (It sounds like NFL teams are not AS impressed as the online community who has him top 5)

I would be blown away if he slipped to 20. He and McDowell are both great, but Thomas' attitude in particular is just what Quinn and TD are looking for.

Bobby.Digital and jazzyburrell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I think Solomon Thomas is our guy, we could see a moveup if he slips to 20 (It sounds like NFL teams are not AS impressed as the online community who has him top 5)

dont think its about being impressed, more he probably only fits a 4-3 defense. 

jazzyburrell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Romfal said:

dont think its about being impressed, more he probably only fits a 4-3 defense. 

how many true 3-4 defenses are even left? Like 5, tops? KC, Pit, Hou...I'm out.

jazzyburrell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, datchrisb1 said:

Man just listening to TD talk at the combine. Dude, I just have a funny feeling that if either McDowell or Barnett are at that 15 range, we are going to get him. Out of the two honestly, I kind of prefer Barnett. Otherwise, I really do think they are getting the best player there at 31. Just listening to him talk, he's looking to move up with a team with 2 picks, something like that. I think all positions (not including QB) are being considered at 31.

Im fine with a trade up...18 and 22 are the sweet spots for us though...nothing higher...

Barnett is interesting...he obviously had great production and I actually see him as a Base DE for us, even though many will say he is undersized...I think his pass rush skills are better than anyone else..not athleticism, but pass rush skills...

So you have to ask yourself...can I teach an athletic guy to have better pass rush skills, or has Barnett reached his ceiling in that area and athleticism will hold him back?

I just think of someone like Jared Allen...above average athleticism, but relentless motor and great skills, technique...thats the boat im putting Barnett in...

I would love a trade up for Reuban Foster...Solomon Thomas to me is over rated to a very small extent..but now we are hearing rumors that teams dont find him as high as many though...

Taco is a Justin Tuck scenario, comparable...

Who else do we trade up for? I dont think we take S in back to back drafts...there isnt an OL worth it, and we arent takign a RB or WR...

Maybe Howard??? I doubt it casue its seems like we have high hopes for Hooper...

SO yea, I think pass rusher we like...that puts Thomas, Barnett, Taco, McDowell, Harris, McKinley all in play if our front office thinks the guy they like wont make it to us...I think when Quinn constantly talks about fast and physical and "loving football"...that tosses out McDowell in my book and elevates Barnett...I think all of the others get a net zero gain/loss on those sentiments...

At the end of the day, who will be upset if we get the a pass rusher that broke Reggie White's career sack record, in the SEC, in 3 years???? Come one...we are either stupid or are expectations are unbelievably high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

I might've been thinking about someone else. Either way, sorry for getting a little upset. Been trying to avoid that and just be okay with others' opinions online, hard to convince anyone either way.

Maybe I misinterpreted your response in this thread? I can't remember, it really doesn't matter. It's all good.

I do like Jamaal Williams a lot, but I understand your opinion and you're totally entitled to it. I just think he's a perfect fit and not terribly undersized, just a little lighter than expected. He runs very angrily and always falls forward.

Jamaal Williams is a ******* beast. Enough said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

 

This could really hurt his draft stock. Could see a Jack like fall. 

Any guy who's ever had surgery will have moderate arthritis. If he does fall, I doubt it will be because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcan Moore said:

I would be blown away if he slipped to 20. He and McDowell are both great, but Thomas' attitude in particular is just what Quinn and TD are looking for.

Yeah I just know Mike Mayock who usually hears a few things said that he could be an option for us at 31 (I was like WTF???) and then yesterday Walterfootball put up a rumor saying NFL teams see him as a mid-late first round pick. But I'm with you on the attitude thing, he's a perfect fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Im fine with a trade up...18 and 22 are the sweet spots for us though...nothing higher...

Barnett is interesting...he obviously had great production and I actually see him as a Base DE for us, even though many will say he is undersized...I think his pass rush skills are better than anyone else..not athleticism, but pass rush skills...

So you have to ask yourself...can I teach an athletic guy to have better pass rush skills, or has Barnett reached his ceiling in that area and athleticism will hold him back?

I just think of someone like Jared Allen...above average athleticism, but relentless motor and great skills, technique...thats the boat im putting Barnett in...

I would love a trade up for Reuban Foster...Solomon Thomas to me is over rated to a very small extent..but now we are hearing rumors that teams dont find him as high as many though...

Taco is a Justin Tuck scenario, comparable...

Who else do we trade up for? I dont think we take S in back to back drafts...there isnt an OL worth it, and we arent takign a RB or WR...

Maybe Howard??? I doubt it casue its seems like we have high hopes for Hooper...

SO yea, I think pass rusher we like...that puts Thomas, Barnett, Taco, McDowell, Harris, McKinley all in play if our front office thinks the guy they like wont make it to us...I think when Quinn constantly talks about fast and physical and "loving football"...that tosses out McDowell in my book and elevates Barnett...I think all of the others get a net zero gain/loss on those sentiments...

At the end of the day, who will be upset if we get the a pass rusher that broke Reggie White's career sack record, in the SEC, in 3 years???? Come one...we are either stupid or are expectations are unbelievably high

Taco playing wise is like Quentin Couples to me. Not saying he will be Couples because Couples has some extra stuff wrong with him up stairs. Tuck had a anchor where you could play him inside regardless of the situation. Taco doesn't have that type of anchor in college, let along the NFL. I'm only playing him inside on OBVIOUS passing situations and I would still hesitate. Taco has the type of anchor where teams could take advantage of him as far as run fits. To many times I've seen tackles straight up demolish him and tight ends wall him off like they are tackles. And it's not a technique issue, you can tell that literally "that TE is overpowering him".  For that very reason Taco will probably still be on the board at 31 IMO. In any case, I wouldn't trade up for him. And McDowell loves football, lol... that's starting to sound like hate, lol...

 

I remember you constantly questioning McDowell's anchor, you need to go back and watch Taco if you think he's Justin Tuck...

Smiler11 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Taco playing wise is like Quentin Couples to me. Not saying he will be Couples because Couples has some extra stuff wrong with him up stairs. Tuck had a anchor where you could play him inside regardless of the situation. Taco doesn't have that type of anchor in college, let along the NFL. I'm only playing him inside on OBVIOUS passing situations and I would still hesitate. Taco has the type of anchor where teams could take advantage of him as far as run fits. To many times I've seen tackles straight up demolish him and tight ends wall him off like they are tackles. And it's not a technique issue, you can tell that literally "that TE is overpowering him".  For that very reason Taco will probably still be on the board at 31 IMO. In any case, I wouldn't trade up for him. And McDowell loves football, lol... that's starting to sound like hate, lol...

 

I remember you constantly questioning McDowell's anchor, you need to go back and watch Taco if you think he's Justin Tuck...

I comletely agree with you...just size/athleticism wise...I compare Taco to Tuck...but agree that he is bad agst the run, worse than McDowell....but his pass rush is much better....

 

Which is easier? Coaching a guy to better agst the run or developing a pass rush out of a guy?

 

I pick Taco over McDowell if I want someone for better pass rush...long term...if i want a solid DE, that may give me a medicocre pass rush adn has more versatilty, than McDowell...but neirther guy is a world beater...

Barnett is better at both than either of them...but do you worry about athletic limitations?

Jared Allen's combine numbers: 4.72 40, 1.68 10 split, 33 VJ, 120 BJ, 13 BP reps....Idaho State!!!!

If Barnett is anywhere in the ball park of those numbers...Im putting him #2 on my board as pass rusher...b/c he is that good skill wise...He dominated a likley 1st or 2nd round pick...and many other SEC, OL prospects...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I dont see it...I thought he played at 230...he either lost weight or gained it...in which case if he lost it, he was playing at 245-250...which is kinda scary good...

 

I think he runs 4.5-4.6 range....I dont see burner speed with him and I also dont see a great start...

I haven't watched him closely this year, but his 2015 tape was as good as I've seen from a RB. He looked like he had sub 4.4 speed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I haven't watched him closely this year, but his 2015 tape was as good as I've seen from a RB. He looked like he had sub 4.4 speed.  

Interview today he said he played at 225-230....so I wonder why he put on 10-15 pounds? I just dont see him running in the 4.4 range...

Zeke ran 4.47 last year at 225lbs...

David Johsnon ran 4.50 at 225lbs...

Leveon Bell ran 4.60 at 230lbs...

CJ Spiller ran 4.37 at 195lbs...

 

Just for reference....

jazzyburrell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good across the board there, no real surprises

No QBs with sub 9 hands this year

Trevor Knight is 6-1 which could hurt him

Sefo Liufau from Colorado was the only one to measure hands 10 or larger, with his measuring at 10 3/4

jazzyburrell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked at how small Mahomes' hands are.

Also pretty excited about Jalen Robinette. He's been a prospect crush of mine for a little while now and here he is with near 11" hands, by far the biggest of the WR group. Not to mention he's a legit 6'3 220. Hnnnggg

jazzyburrell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites