Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerry

Official 2017 NFL Scouting Combine Results Thread

725 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

I can't speak for him, but I love using Sony Vegas. It's probably the most popular one to use. It's how I made all my highlights. 

and this **** has 104k views I just noticed. Wow. 

I think mine with most is probably the old Jacquizz Rodgers one or my David Johnson one...and I'd totally use Vegas if it was free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I think mine with most is probably the old Jacquizz Rodgers one or my David Johnson one...and I'd totally use Vegas if it was free.

I got a "free" version a long time ago haha. Your Beasley one was good too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

I got a "free" version a long time ago haha. Your Beasley one was good too. 

Ah. Yeah, I just barely bother with cracks and stuff unless it's something I use a lot...have way too much "free" music software and virtual instruments, heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fun fact regarding David Johnson...this is what his profile looks like. The parenthesis that accompany each number is what percentile he fits in among all NFL RBs.

7a40cda0cf0d9e0f4d6600cb06017fa4.png

upper 27th percentile across the board athletically. Upper 12th percentile college dominance and one of the most prolific pass-catching RBs ever to come out.

How was this dude not a 1st rd pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kayoh said:

fun fact regarding David Johnson...this is what his profile looks like. The parenthesis that accompany each number is what percentile he fits in among all NFL RBs.

7a40cda0cf0d9e0f4d6600cb06017fa4.png

upper 27th percentile across the board athletically. Upper 12th percentile college dominance and one of the most prolific pass-catching RBs ever to come out.

How was this dude not a 1st rd pick?

Where is that metrics calculator found????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Stumbled on this. Good reason you can't just go off of what you see at the combine!

http://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-most-insane-nfl-combine-performances/

 

1 hour ago, Charles Lindberg said:

most of the guys on the list had great careers and or impact seasons for teams who drafted them

Yeah, not sure what he was going for there. Vernon Davis, DRC, CJ2K, Dontari Poe, F*cking Megatron?? Sounds like a quality list to me!

James Bond 007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

 

Yeah, not sure what he was going for there. Vernon Davis, DRC, CJ2K, Dontari Poe, F*cking Megatron?? Sounds like a quality list to me!

color me confused:shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Jigsaw said:

 

Yeah, not sure what he was going for there. Vernon Davis, DRC, CJ2K, Dontari Poe, F*cking Megatron?? Sounds like a quality list to me!

 

3 hours ago, Charles Lindberg said:

most of the guys on the list had great careers and or impact seasons for teams who drafted them

I would say half had great careers, the other half were either okay or were straight up busts.

1 hour ago, Charles Lindberg said:

color me confused:shrug:

Everyone has there opinion I guess. The guys you mentioned are great players. It's a list of 15, you cited 5 players. I was simply stating that you can't just go off the combine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB the only stuff at the combine that matters is pass velocity and agility drills

WR is much more about college production than just pure athleticism

bench press is the most meaningless drill anybody does at the combine

great combine numbers aren't as impressive when smaller players put them up

this is all information that people in the analytics community are well aware of

datchrisb1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

 

I would say half had great careers, the other half were either okay or were straight up busts.

Everyone has there opinion I guess. The guys you mentioned are great players. It's a list of 15, you cited 5 players. I was simply stating that you can't just go off the combine.

  1. RG3 - Offensive Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowler
  2. Conley - Third round pick in 2015, playing in Alex Smith's offense. Are we really going to judge him?
  3. DRC - Fantastic corner, has had a good career.
  4. DHB - Way overdrafted by the Raiders because of his 40 time, but not a bad tertiary receiver.
  5. Calvin Johnson - Nuff said.
  6. Dwight Freeney - Really?
  7. Dontari Poe - the next Atlanta Falcon, we hope. Would mean a lot for our defense, has done more than well in KC.
  8. Mario Williams - one of the best defensive talents of the last 10 years.
  9. Chris Johnson -  2,000 yard season in Tennessee, been a very good Cardinal alongside David Johnson and Andre Ellington.
  10. Vernon Davis - 57 TDs as part of a long and productive career.

There, I doubled the list of players worth noting. You tried to come into a thread about combine results and tell people not to overvalue the happenings with a list of players who did well at the combine while most also had good careers? Forgive me for still failing to see what you're trying to prove here.

James Bond 007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:
  1. RG3 - Offensive Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowler
  2. Conley - Third round pick in 2015, playing in Alex Smith's offense. Are we really going to judge him?
  3. DRC - Fantastic corner, has had a good career.
  4. DHB - Way overdrafted by the Raiders because of his 40 time, but not a bad tertiary receiver.
  5. Calvin Johnson - Nuff said.
  6. Dwight Freeney - Really?
  7. Dontari Poe - the next Atlanta Falcon, we hope. Would mean a lot for our defense, has done more than well in KC.
  8. Mario Williams - one of the best defensive talents of the last 10 years.
  9. Chris Johnson -  2,000 yard season in Tennessee, been a very good Cardinal alongside David Johnson and Andre Ellington.
  10. Vernon Davis - 57 TDs as part of a long and productive career.

There, I doubled the list of players worth noting. You tried to come into a thread about combine results and tell people not to overvalue the happenings with a list of players who did well at the combine while most also had good careers? Forgive me for still failing to see what you're trying to prove here.

"There, I doubled the list of players worth noting. You tried to come into a thread about combine results and tell people not to overvalue the happenings with a list of players who did well at the combine while most also had good careers?" -Sometimes even when there is no argument people have to find a way to do so. Jesus, this stuff can get frustrating...

Take RG3 off the list, Cleveland doesn't even want him, he had one good year, take Conley off the list, its to early. Again listen dude please! Let's do some math.  What's half of 15, well let's break it down this way, what's half of 14, 7 right. Add 1 for good measure. So, say really you are bragging about 8 guys up there. I SAID ABOUT HALF HAD GREAT CAREERS. I also said the other half were either okay (basically still overhyped) or were busts. I wish sometimes people would stop being so concerned about arguing and focus on having a clear understanding first of what someone is saying.

 

The bottom line, dude I honestly don't even need to put something like that up here. I'm speaking truth, lol... What's the argument here really. YOU CAN'T JUST GO OFF WHAT A PLAYER DOES AT THE COMBINE.  That's the freaking truth, Jesus Christ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:

 

Yeah, not sure what he was going for there. Vernon Davis, DRC, CJ2K, Dontari Poe, F*cking Megatron?? Sounds like a quality list to me!

 

8 hours ago, Charles Lindberg said:

most of the guys on the list had great careers and or impact seasons for teams who drafted them

And honestly if you read the article instead of just cherry picking at what players are mentioned in it then you 2 would've be so confused as to why you can't just go off combine figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:
  1. RG3 - Offensive Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowler
  2. Conley - Third round pick in 2015, playing in Alex Smith's offense. Are we really going to judge him?
  3. DRC - Fantastic corner, has had a good career.
  4. DHB - Way overdrafted by the Raiders because of his 40 time, but not a bad tertiary receiver.
  5. Calvin Johnson - Nuff said.
  6. Dwight Freeney - Really?
  7. Dontari Poe - the next Atlanta Falcon, we hope. Would mean a lot for our defense, has done more than well in KC.
  8. Mario Williams - one of the best defensive talents of the last 10 years.
  9. Chris Johnson -  2,000 yard season in Tennessee, been a very good Cardinal alongside David Johnson and Andre Ellington.
  10. Vernon Davis - 57 TDs as part of a long and productive career.

There, I doubled the list of players worth noting. You tried to come into a thread about combine results and tell people not to overvalue the happenings with a list of players who did well at the combine while most also had good careers? Forgive me for still failing to see what you're trying to prove here.

Lol... and even this breakdown of the 15 mentioned. Just looking at those 10 guys, lol. These are all guys with the greatest combine performances ever. If you are really considering that and REALLY looking at that list then you would understand my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really not sure what argument that you're trying to make here.

Again, as I said earlier in the thread, maybe you're just on the wrong forum or something. You make such a big deal of combine numbers being overvalued to the point where it seems like you're actually arguing that they should be ignored entirely.

I really fail to see the "overvaluing" that you refer to on this board.

James Bond 007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hjerry said:

I'm really not sure what argument that you're trying to make here.

Again, as I said earlier in the thread, maybe you're just on the wrong forum or something. You make such a big deal of combine numbers being overvalued to the point where it seems like you're actually arguing that they should be ignored entirely.

I really fail to see the "overvaluing" that you refer to on this board.

No it's just people like to shove there on prospective on things and claim it's yours! If you or anyone else don't understand then start to actually read my opinion instead of injecting your own.

 

I said what I meant, have always said what I meant, you can't just blindly go off what a guy does in his underwear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'm really not sure what argument that you're trying to make here.

Again, as I said earlier in the thread, maybe you're just on the wrong forum or something. You make such a big deal of combine numbers being overvalued to the point where it seems like you're actually arguing that they should be ignored entirely.

I really fail to see the "overvaluing" that you refer to on this board.

Just my opinion....

 

 You know what I don't understand. Why is something like this "Stumbled on this. Good reason you can't just go off of what you see at the combine!" not understandable... I say something like this and you and others are confused. I see on that list of greatest combine performances I would say 2 HOFs, about 7 to 8 decent to great players, and 4 to 5 HOF busts. Greatest combine performances if you just go off the combine should equal "greatest" players. On that list, I see more great busts than great players, more decent players than both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Just my opinion....

 

 You know what I don't understand. Why is something like this "Stumbled on this. Good reason you can't just go off of what you see at the combine!" not understandable... I say something like this and you and others are confused. I see on that list of greatest combine performances I would say 2 HOFs, about 7 to 8 decent to great players, and 4 to 5 HOF busts. Greatest combine performances if you just go off the combine should equal "greatest" players. On that list, I see more great busts than great players, more decent players than both.

I don't think anyone on here disagrees with your statement "you can't just go by the combine." Heck even Kayoh the combine king knows that. Did you even read what you linked? The article talked about the 15 best combine performances. King Jigsaw listed from that same list, 10 ball players that were either really good or elite. RG3 was elite until he got injured. Just a little advice. When you want to make a point, which I still consider a valid point, don't use articles that support the opposite side of your point. That article pretty much proves, if you don't get a solid combine performance you may not even get drafted let alone have a decent career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every player at the combine has good tape, that's why they were invited. The combine is just part of the puzzle that helps separate them. It correlates with certain position groups (pass rushers etc) more than others (WR, QB's etc). It also helps you project what a players upside may be, which can be difficult when viewing tape alone. Finally, the tape can sometimes lie, the combine helps correlate what you are seeing on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2017 at 3:03 AM, Kayoh said:

fun fact regarding David Johnson...this is what his profile looks like. The parenthesis that accompany each number is what percentile he fits in among all NFL RBs.

7a40cda0cf0d9e0f4d6600cb06017fa4.png

upper 27th percentile across the board athletically. Upper 12th percentile college dominance and one of the most prolific pass-catching RBs ever to come out.

How was this dude not a 1st rd pick?

Small school prospect who looked more like an H-back than a RB coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:03 AM, Kayoh said:

fun fact regarding David Johnson...this is what his profile looks like. The parenthesis that accompany each number is what percentile he fits in among all NFL RBs.

7a40cda0cf0d9e0f4d6600cb06017fa4.png

upper 27th percentile across the board athletically. Upper 12th percentile college dominance and one of the most prolific pass-catching RBs ever to come out.

How was this dude not a 1st rd pick?

He went to Northern Iowa and plays RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charles Lindberg said:

I don't think anyone on here disagrees with your statement "you can't just go by the combine." Heck even Kayoh the combine king knows that. Did you even read what you linked? The article talked about the 15 best combine performances. King Jigsaw listed from that same list, 10 ball players that were either really good or elite. RG3 was elite until he got injured. Just a little advice. When you want to make a point, which I still consider a valid point, don't use articles that support the opposite side of your point. That article pretty much proves, if you don't get a solid combine performance you may not even get drafted let alone have a decent career.

1. I guess you can't add or subtract either.... The point of this whole conversation is "you can't just go by the combine", if these are the greatest performances there, most didn't live up, only 2 did, and the other half either did okay as players or went the total opposite direction. I choose to actually try to respect others opinions, not stress the irrelevant stuff.  If you agree then what the BLANK are you arguing about if I told him half the players were good guys and he points out half the players on that list as good guys like he's saying something different, lol... You come on here doing the same thing. You can choose to read parts of that article any way you choose. If you want to CHERRY PICK what you want to accept, cool, free country.

2. Its an article about the 15 best combine performances yes, if you and the King choose to only focus on the 2 HOFs, a player who's played 1 year of football, a 1 year wonder injury or not when he wasn't hurt he was still getting benched, over half of those 10 players aren't elite. For every "good" player I can show you a guy who didn't do well at the combine who is "better". Aside from the HOF, I would say the only "elite" players are Mario Williams and Dontari Poe. If you look at it like that, CHERRY PICKING, like I said before then yeah it would support what you think. I did read the WHOLE article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites