Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerry

Official 2017 NFL Scouting Combine Results Thread

725 posts in this topic

Fournette at 240lbs seems too big? I want to watch that 40 time....All other 1st-2nd round backs about where thought would be...but I thought Fournette would trim out to 225 in order run faster...that would be AP size if ran in low 4.4....but I dont see Fournette running sub 4.6....

I like Marlon mack and DeVeon Harris as mid-late rounders....or another IU product Devine Redding?

jazzyburrell likes this

5 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I don't consider him a pure power back at all. Leveon Bell type. He can do it all. 6'0 212 isn't bad imho.

it's lean for a RB. In general you want your NFL RBs to be denser than that. Bell was 6'1 230

jazzyburrell likes this

23 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

it's lean for a RB. In general you want your NFL RBs to be denser than that. Bell was 6'1 230

Feel free to show me some of your statistics showing that is in any way true instead of watching the guy. 

EDIT: He was the same weight at the senior bowl. My b.

He did weigh in way lighter than I'd like him to, but it doesn't change anything realistically. 

25 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Feel free to show me some of your statistics showing that is in any way true instead of watching the guy. Also, I thought he weighed 220+ at the Senior Bowl (not sure?), pretty clear he dropped weight to run faster. 

He did weigh in way lighter than I'd like him to, but it doesn't change anything realistically. 

http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/2009/12/is-bigger-always-better/

51 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

And his BMI is 28.75, barely below average. He puts on 10 lbs and he's fine even by that metric.

Everyone bashed me for saying Deion Jones was the best uninjured LB in the draft because he was small. When I wanted to take David Johnson in the 2nd well before the draft you all called it a reach and said he benefited from small school competition or said to look in the 3rd/4th, admittedly he did go after our pick in the 3rd...

Jamaal Williams is for real man. You keep your metrics. There's more to it than that. 

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

And his BMI is 28.75, barely below average. He puts on 10 lbs and he's fine even by that metric.

Everyone bashed me for saying Deion Jones was the best uninjured LB in the draft because he was small. When I wanted to take David Johnson in the 2nd well before the draft you all called it a reach and said he benefited from small school competition or said to look in the 3rd/4th, admittedly he did go after our pick in the 3rd...

Jamaal Williams is for real man. You keep your metrics. There's more to it than that. 

dude...I loved Deion's numbers and David Johnson is the freakiest metric-based RB to come out in YEARS. You're acting all "me against the world" but the guys you're talking about fit in with what I look for in players too, lol.

jazzyburrell likes this

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

dude...I loved Deion's numbers and David Johnson is the freakiest metric-based RB to come out in YEARS. You're acting all "me against the world" but the guys you're talking about fit in with what I look for in players too, lol.

That's a flat out lie, you didn't care for either of them. For Debo you said he wouldn't succeed unless he was a safety because he was too small, lol. I even remember you saying after I posted my "**** yeah we got Debo" thread that you really hoped I was right but couldn't see it.

jazzyburrell likes this

21 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

That's a flat out lie, you didn't care for either of them. For Debo you said he wouldn't succeed unless he was a safety because he was too small, lol. I even remember you saying after I posted my "**** yeah we got Debo" thread that you really hoped I was right but couldn't see it.

that wasn't based on numbers, it was based on tape. I thought the Alabama game exposed him. But his measurables were great. I've never had a problem with smaller LBs as long as they're athletic and Debo most definitely is. Dude I was obsessed with Jatavis Brown last year, and he's even smaller than Debo, lol. You might be thinking of someone else.

jazzyburrell likes this

16 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I might've been thinking about someone else. Either way, sorry for getting a little upset. Been trying to avoid that and just be okay with others' opinions online, hard to convince anyone either way.

Maybe I misinterpreted your response in this thread? I can't remember, it really doesn't matter. It's all good.

I do like Jamaal Williams a lot, but I understand your opinion and you're totally entitled to it. I just think he's a perfect fit and not terribly undersized, just a little lighter than expected. He runs very angrily and always falls forward.

jazzyburrell likes this

7 minutes ago, HEIST said:

TD said Joe Mixon isn't off our board. No way we actually do that right?

His draftability is going to depend on interviews. It always was.

Kayoh likes this

26 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I might've been thinking about someone else. Either way, sorry for getting a little upset. Been trying to avoid that and just be okay with others' opinions online, hard to convince anyone either way.

Maybe I misinterpreted your response in this thread? I can't remember, it really doesn't matter. It's all good.

I mean yeah dude, I was desperate for you to be right about a player because you loved Deion and saw a great player in him and I wanted him to be that. His measurables are great though, even if you look at his size-adjusted athleticism. I liked him on paper more than I liked him on the field. I LOVED Jatavis Brown both on paper and on the field, and he's a starting LB now as well, plus he was drafted later. We've always seen eye to eye for the most part dude, lol.

jazzyburrell likes this

OK,, who do you think Our new OC will be wanting to bring from Alabama  to our team?? In the draft??? I'd sure like to know what his plans are in that area of the draft...

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

OK,, who do you think Our new OC will be wanting to bring from Alabama  to our team?? In the draft??? I'd sure like to know what his plans are in that area of the draft...

hopefully nobody unless like Dalvin Tomlinson tests really well, but I doubt he does, and he probably won't do any combine drills since Bama players usually don't.

Just now, Kayoh said:

hopefully nobody

Really?? why's that.. I'm not talking about any particular round,, just who would you say he'd like from Alabama's team...?? 

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

Really?? why's that.. I'm not talking about any particular round,, just who would you say he'd like from Alabama's team...?? 

Alabama's defense is big and slow. Our defense is small and fast. Bama players just don't fit on our defense for the most part.

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

Alabama's defense is big and slow. Our defense is small and fast. Bama players just don't fit on our defense for the most part.

Well, you may be right... I just hope because they played for him he don't get over anxious to get the players he knows. When there will be much better player on the board when we pick.  I think he will do what's right or TD and Blank would not have brought him aboard.  

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, you may be right... I just hope because they played for him he don't get over anxious to get the players he knows. When there will be much better player on the board when we pick.  I think he will do what's right or TD and Blank would not have brought him aboard.  

yeah, the Alabama offense was really bad this past year. Howard and Cam Robinson will both go before we pick and nobody else on that offense is worth a pick this year imo.

Draftnut57 likes this

7 hours ago, hjerry said:

Fournette looks a bit too heavy to me. Interested to see what he runs in the 40

Heavier than even the FBs at 240

I was shocked to see him this heavy... I always thought of him as 225-230. It WILL be crucial for him to break 4.5 now!

9 hours ago, Kayoh said:

I love NFLDS when they get their data up, I just hate how long it takes them to get their data up. lol

NFLDraftScout has updated their measurements for OL

Kayoh likes this