• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done with Shroder. Like I've said, that guy is just too turnover prone. He's too reckless. He's been in the league three years now and he's still making boneheaded, rookie mistakes. Can't even rely on Shroder to make the smart play or to just not turn it over in a key possession. Add PG to our list of needs. Sigh.

Edited by JerseyNo12
3 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I'm done with Shroder. Like I've said, that guy is just too turnover prone. He's too reckless. He's been in the league three years now and he's still making boneheaded, rookie mistakes. Can't even rely on Shroder to make the smart play or to just not turn it over in a key possession. Add PG to our list of needs. Sigh.

Dennis is a pretty poor floor general. Most of his game is based on being able to get to the rim at will. Doesn't really set up the offense to get others shots, just thrives being able to drive and kick. Don't get me wrong, when he's going it's fun to watch and he can be deadly. But then there are nights like this.

6 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Dennis is a pretty poor floor general. Most of his game is based on being able to get to the rim at will. Doesn't really set up the offense to get others shots, just thrives being able to drive and kick. Don't get me wrong, when he's going it's fun to watch and he can be deadly. But then there are nights like this.

Exactly.. 

14 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Even after the atrocious 4th, got a chance with dunleavy in the corner to get it to 1 or even drive and get it to 2... turnover 

smh

Hawks' Paul Millsap to reportedly void contract at season's end

Ron ClementsOmnisport@Ron_ClementsUpdated at 8:38 p.m. ETUpdated at 8:38 p.m. ET

Sporting News  

Paul Millsap's days in Atlanta might be numbered.

According to a rare NBA report from ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter, Millsap will void his contract at the end of the 2016-17 season. Schefter, who was the sideline reporter for Wednesday's game between the Hawks and Wizards, added that Millsap would like to remain in Atlanta.

Millsap, who is set to earn $21.4 million next season, is reportedly seeking a max five-year, $207 million deal from the Hawks. The 6-8 forward would be open to taking a four-year, $154 million contract from another team, according to Schefter.

Millsap has missed the last two games for the Hawks with a knee injury and was not in the lineup for Wednesday's game against the Wizards.

Originally a second-round pick of the Jazz in 2006, Millsap has been with the Hawks since 2013. The four-time All-Star is averaging 18.1 points and 7.7 rebounds per game this season.

© 2017 Sporting News Media and its licensors. All rights reserved.

4 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Hawks' Paul Millsap to reportedly void contract at season's end

Ron ClementsOmnisport@Ron_ClementsUpdated at 8:38 p.m. ETUpdated at 8:38 p.m. ET

Sporting News  

Paul Millsap's days in Atlanta might be numbered.

According to a rare NBA report from ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter, Millsap will void his contract at the end of the 2016-17 season. Schefter, who was the sideline reporter for Wednesday's game between the Hawks and Wizards, added that Millsap would like to remain in Atlanta.

Millsap, who is set to earn $21.4 million next season, is reportedly seeking a max five-year, $207 million deal from the Hawks. The 6-8 forward would be open to taking a four-year, $154 million contract from another team, according to Schefter.

Millsap has missed the last two games for the Hawks with a knee injury and was not in the lineup for Wednesday's game against the Wizards.

Originally a second-round pick of the Jazz in 2006, Millsap has been with the Hawks since 2013. The four-time All-Star is averaging 18.1 points and 7.7 rebounds per game this season.

© 2017 Sporting News Media and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Will likely void his contract but would like to remain with Atlanta... 

well I think we'll win the next game unless we lose it..   :D

Justin Patton projected to Atlanta Hawks in CBS mock draft

Another interesting big man to ponder.

by Brad Rowland@BTRowland  Mar 23, 2017, 10:00am EDT

usa_today_9934914.0.jpgAdam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

There is a growing theme emerging with regard to the Atlanta Hawks and 2017 mock drafts, at least to this point. The Hawks have been linked to both John Collins and Zach Collins in recent weeks and, recently, another young, talented big man was projected to land in Atlanta by a prominent mock.

Howard Megdal of CBS Sports links Creighton center Justin Patton to the Hawks at No. 20 overall and his rationale is as follows:

Few are better equipped to mold the raw Marcus Camby-like athleticism into a productive two-way center than Mike Budenholzer, who can groom him to take over the starting spot by the time Dwight Howard’s contract ends.

Patton was not “supposed” to be a one-and-done player but the 7-footer emerged in a big way for Creighton this season and he might even fall within the lottery once late June arrives. With that in mind, Patton is both athletic and highly skilled to the point where a future projection as a starting-level center isn’t out of the question.

Given the recent track record (especially in 2016) of the Hawks, the widespread focus on big men is a bit surprising but this draft does boast a great deal of high-upside talent at the position. It remains to be seen what Atlanta will do but an athletic big man in the mold of Patton or Zach Collins would not be a bad addition, almost regardless of free agent direction in July.

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0423%2Fr76843_1296x518_5%2D2.jpg&w=768&h=307&scale=crop&cquality=80&location=origin

SMH doesn't look like he's listening

He's acting spoiled. He's not competitive, he's arrogant. I'd give Schroder one more season to get his act together (but I'd still acquire another guard). He keeps on acting a fool, and I'd put him on the trade market. Wouldn't even be any drama about it. Just leveraging assets.

The writing is on the wall. This team is about to go through a rebuild. Millsap with that asking price is gonna price himself out of Atlanta. The only player over 30 that I would give that kind of contract to is LeBron James.

Baze seems to have hit his ceiling. THJ is an upcoming unrestricted free agent. Howard is clearly not what he used to be. Major decisions will have to be made, but this team desperately needs an infusion of young talent because they are regressing. They were 48-34 last season. They are currently 37-34. They are a far cry from the squad that won 60 games just three seasons ago.

Honestly, the best thing might just be to miss the playoffs this season and get into the lottery. In any case, we're not even sniffing the finals with the current squad.

13 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

He's acting spoiled. He's not competitive, he's arrogant. I'd give Schroder one more season to get his act together (but I'd still acquire another guard). He keeps on acting a fool, and I'd put him on the trade market. Wouldn't even be any drama about it. Just leveraging assets.

The writing is on the wall. This team is about to go through a rebuild. Millsap with that asking price is gonna price himself out of Atlanta. The only player over 30 that I would give that kind of contract to is LeBron James.

Baze seems to have hit his ceiling. THJ is an upcoming unrestricted free agent. Howard is clearly not what he used to be. Major decisions will have to be made, but this team desperately needs an infusion of young talent because they are regressing. They were 48-34 last season. They are currently 37-34. They are a far cry from the squad that won 60 games just three seasons ago.

Honestly, the best thing might just be to miss the playoffs this season and get into the lottery. In any case, we're not even sniffing the finals with the current squad.

I totally agree. I would actually try to keep THJ if his asking price is right. Sap is not worth what he is looking for. I like prince and bembry but we need another pg for sure to push Dennis. I don't have much faith in this current roster making noise in the playoffs but hey they could turn it around :ninja:

Before anything, we need a gm.. 

personally, I'd keep Howard, THJ, Ersan and Dunleavy (both quality bench players).. Prince will continue to grow.. 

thats what's so funny to me.. so many say blow it up but hasn't that already been done? Teague, korver, Carroll and horford all gone.. we did blow it up, didn't we? Yea we seriously overpaid Baze (which is why we need an actual gm), but I don't see sap getting the deal he's looking for anywhere.. 

dennis im not sure about.. he's still reallllly young and obviously full of himself, so he may or may not work out..