Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blkbigdog35

March Hawks Thread

562 posts in this topic

The Hawks are not a great team, but if they can figure something out defensively, they could scare teams in the playoffs. 

It all comes down to chemistry. They just are't sure how to play with each other. 

42 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

That's 3.................. 

Hey I still believe in this team lol. They do have some consistency issues however. At times they look very good.

Unlike the other people though, Dwight Howard is not the problem. This team is better with Dwight. 

blkbigdog35 and TheTrue7 like this

10 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Hey I still believe in this team lol. They do have some consistency issues however. At times they look very good.

Unlike the other people though, Dwight Howard is not the problem. This team is better with Dwight. 

:tiphat: I know the ones that do and the one that doesn't.. it's just when predictions don't come to fruition for those that are adamant in their views, well, I like to leave reminders.. 

the consistency will come.. one thing they are fairly consistent in is competing with better teams.. they do tend to play down to lower level squads though.. but every team has that issue on occasion.. Cleveland lost to Detroit, Boston got spanked tonight, golden state lost to Minnesota, I could go on.. 

and you're preaching to the choir concerning Dwight.. boards are important, even "in today's NBA"    :lol:

I made an admittedly horrible hot take, but I am still:

1. Completely unconvinced that the Hawks will ever gain full chemistry with Dwight. Sorry, but if you're wondering about chemistry, Ersan has more chemistry with the group than Dwight and he's been here for what? 3 weeks? Hardaway Jr, Schroder, and Millsap already fit together and play together very well.
2. Totally unconvinced that Dwight and Paul will ever fit well offensively. The team has been night and day better with Dwight OFF the court on offense. The only fit that would make a Dwight team great on offense is to have an absolute superstar, or to have a stretch 4 with Paul's playmaking and a much better three pointer.
3. Not convinced that everything has been fixed. And you would think it would have been fixed a month ago.

Again, this is not like the Falcons in which everything is going to fall into place after a *******growing season******* right now. Unconvinced it will become one, but if it is, it's not going to be because of Dwight ever fitting better. It'll be because Dwight's mins were cut and the shooting issue is fixed.

Keep moving goalposts....... especially when you know your predictions are wrong.. 

whether its:

your prediction we're gonna tank, your prediction that Paul will be traded, your prediction that we'll get blown out by Boston, your prediction we'll be blown out by Cleveland, your prediction we'll win 2, then 3, then 4 games this month.. now .500? 

And that's just off the top of my head... keep it up.. you're doing great..   :lol:

I didn't predict Paul would be traded, I said that a fairly reliable NBA source on twitter said that there was a fairly high likelihood he'd be traded. And honestly, if that FOOLS GOLD win streak didn't happen against weak teams outside of SAS, I think he DOES get traded.

Here's a more positive prediction, the offense for the Hawks will be fixed completely next season if Dwight Howard's mins are cut down significantly, a stretch 4/5 type big like Tyler Lydon is drafted and contributes immediately, Ersan Ilyasova/Tim Hardaway Jr/Paul Millsap are all brought back, and Marcus Erikkson is brought over.

The hint is: The Hawks best attributes are Paul Millsap's ability to be better at being whimsical in a spaced out floor, and Dennis Schroder is looking much better when Dwight Howard is not on the floor because his strengths collide with Dwight.

Offense was needed more than boarding and alley oops.

"I'm telling y'all, this isn't about THJ being ready, it's about Bud wants to set fire to this roster as he doesn't like it!

Y'all aren't going to get it until the guy that y'all love in Howard is mentioned in trade rumors and Millsap is gone! But it's coming! Millsap is gone and this will be Howard's first and last year here!"

Just a quote....................

got anything else you wanna deny? 
How bout talking about trading THJ, then saying bring him back? Weird..... there's a term here.. armchair gm... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  •  
blkbigdog35 likes this

.......I technically wasn't wrong. Howard got mentioned in a trade rumor (to NO) and I still feel that if the win streak didn't happen, Millsap is already gone.

The word has been that the FO folk for the Hawks were split 50/50. Half wanted to set fire to the roster and half wanted to keep it. We're still likely going to see significant changes to the roster over the summer. I bet the team sticks with the shadow rebuild though...

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

:tiphat: I know the ones that do and the one that doesn't.. it's just when predictions don't come to fruition for those that are adamant in their views, well, I like to leave reminders.. 

the consistency will come.. one thing they are fairly consistent in is competing with better teams.. they do tend to play down to lower level squads though.. but every team has that issue on occasion.. Cleveland lost to Detroit, Boston got spanked tonight, golden state lost to Minnesota, I could go on.. 

and you're preaching to the choir concerning Dwight.. boards are important, even "in today's NBA"    :lol:

Can't disagree with this! They show up against the top teams. If we could actually play with the bad teams, we could be the number 1 seed now... It's just frustrating. 

Why the Hawks Still Love Kent Bazemore

33 comments 

by Glen Willis@willis_glen   Mar 10, 2017, 1:00pm EST  

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the play of Kent Bazemore especially relative to the contract he got from the Hawks this past off-season. As disappointed as it seems that most fans might be, I would firmly bet that the Hawks coaching staff still loves the guy. I wanted to find a single play from this season that best captures so many of the little things Bazemore does that really are quite unique. The energy he brings on defense and how consistently he sees an entire assignment through, these are the things that endear him to his coaches. He does these types of things all of the time.

In this example, consider the assignment Bazemore has to deal with after the switch. Also notice the distance he has to cover in order to eliminate Whiteside from the rebounding area. Contrast that with how Schroder handles his assignment. McGruder is not Schroder’s initial defensive assignment, but he does a good job identifying him as the person he should account for and he gets McGruder on his back even if briefly. But he does not even remotely complete the play; he does not even really compete for the rebound.

Bazemore was handling the number one rebounder in the league on this play. McGruder is 19th in the league at his position with a mere 3.3 rebounds per game.

I’m not sharing this in an attempt to justify the contract. But if you are one of those fans that often find yourself frustrated as to why Coach Bud keeps going back to Bazemore at key moments, this play encapsulates the reason. NBA Coaches LOVE stuff like this.

Well I still think Bazemore is not worth the contract and should come off the bench. However his contract is going to suggest otherwise. THJ should be the starting 2 with Thabo at the 3.

TheTrue7 and tl;dr like this

Toronto is getting it taken to them right now. Good chance the Hawks get within 1 game of the 4 seed. 

We are also 4.5 back of the 3 seed. It's not unreachable, but we would need to play very well and have Boston or Washington slide towards the end of the year. 

12 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Toronto is getting it taken to them right now. Good chance the Hawks get within 1 game of the 4 seed. 

We are also 4.5 back of the 3 seed. It's not unreachable, but we would need to play very well and have Boston or Washington slide towards the end of the year. 

Boston isn't looking so hot either :D

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Boston isn't looking so hot either :D

Yeah they aren't. But I really want to stick it to Boston this year. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

Yeah they aren't. But I really want to stick it to Boston this year. 

We just did not too long ago.. and would be 2-0 against them if not for a blown goaltending call prior to half of the first one..

theyre soft down low....   ^_^

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

We just did not too long ago.. and would be 2-0 against them if not for a blown goaltending call prior to half of the first one..

theyre soft down low....   ^_^

True that!!! If we can get the 3 seed, we can make the conference finals. 

TheTrue7 likes this

Up by 20 after 3. Toronto lost and Washington is down in the 2nd to Portland. Would be a good chance to pick up a game on both of them.