Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

March Hawks Thread

562 posts in this topic

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

This team isn't as bad as some make them out to be

Just need some better depth.  We have not bad depth but could get better.  We need to find a way to get rid of Baze.  

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

This team isn't as bad as some make them out to be

You noticed he has been gone since the comeback.  

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

Just need some better depth.  We have not bad depth but could get better.  We need to find a way to get rid of Baze.  

Pg depth to be specific.. and baze is depth.. he's not a starter.. 

4 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Build around THJ and Millsap.  

Agreed but it's going to be tough to pay both of them. The Bazemore deal hurt, smh.

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Pg depth to be specific.. and baze is depth.. he's not a starter.. 

He just played his azz off to get paid, smh.

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Agreed but it's going to be tough to pay both of them. The Bazemore deal hurt, smh.

Man if we could get a GOOD 3... 

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

He just played his azz off to get paid, smh.

I hope we can use him as bait.  It will be tough but Sap and THJ can get resigned.  I would love Gordon Hayward or KCP.  

blkbigdog35 and TheTrue7 like this

1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I hope we can use him as bait.  It will be tough but Sap and THJ can get resigned.  I would love Gordon Hayward or KCP.  

No doubt.

Ersan is coming on for us.  go to hoophype.com and see the individual salaries.  There are over 40 NBA players making over 20 million a year.  

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

Ersan is coming on for us.  go to hoophype.com and see the individual salaries.  There are over 40 NBA players making over 20 million a year.  

try starting him?

8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Man if we could get a GOOD 3... 

Well i think Prince could eventually be a good 3.

For the gloating I did, not even Golden State is beating finals game 5 Kyrie and LeBron. Dennis and Thabo did very poorly, but they were on such another level that it'd take at a minimum, Kawhi and Danny Green level defenders to at least slow them down.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

THJ deserves to be starting.

He's much more consistent and reliable than Baze. He shows up in the clutch.

Anyway, I'm getting annoyed by the Cavs setting 3-Pt records on us, and it's even more annoying that Kyle set the record. They aren't that good at shooting 3s, even with Kyle.

Edited by JerseyNo12
blkbigdog35 likes this

7 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Anyway, I'm getting annoyed by the Cavs setting 3-Pt records on us, and it's even more annoying that Kyle set the record. They aren't that good at shooting 3s, even with Kyle.

Agreed but Cleveland made 25 of 46 3s which is a bit of luck and poor perimeter defense as well.  

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

They're 2nd in the NBA in 3 point % at just under 40%.. last night was ridiculous though..

i think Dennis needs to go watch that game over and over and ask himself why Sap did a better job of guarding Kyrie than he did.. 

Edited by TheTrue7

Jose Calderon

ESPN.com news services

ESPN.com | 6:07 PM ET

It marks a roller-coaster week for the Spaniard, who had initially planned to join the Warriors upon securing a buyout from the Lakers earlier this week.

Jose Calderon made 24 appearances with the Lakers this season, averaging 3.3 points, 2.1 assists and 1.8 rebounds. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

The Warriors, though, were forced to abandon their plans to sign Calderon when Kevin Durant suffered an MCL sprain and a bone bruise in his left knee on Tuesday night in Washington. Golden State in turn signed Matt Barnes to fill in for Durant.

Golden State went ahead with the signing of Calderon on Wednesday, living up to its promise, but it waived the 35-year-old two hours later to ensure that Calderon would retain playoff eligibility with his next team.

NBA rules dictate that players must be waived by March 1 to remain playoff-eligible with their next team.

By claiming Calderon off waivers by 5 p.m. Saturday, the Hawks absorbed the roughly $400,000 that Golden State would have owed him for the balance of the season.

"We feel fortunate to be able to add a player of Jose's caliber at this point in the season," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "His unselfish nature and ability to shoot with range fits our style of play, and his experience will add to our locker room."

Calderon is averaging 3.3 points and 2.1 assists this season. He will wear No. 13 for Atlanta.

Information from ESPN's Marc Stein was used in this report.