Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blkbigdog35

March Hawks Thread

562 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah I know, lol Ersan is 29 though but man the Power Forward market is not great, smh

Ersan would fill a bench role great

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Ersan would fill a bench role great

Yep but at a reasonable price because we can't afford to over reach on contracts.  I know that Bazemore contract still has me sour as he11 :rant:

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Yep but at a reasonable price because we can't afford to over reach on contracts.  I know that Bazemore contract still has me sour as he11 :rant:

Feeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy please come back.. not the best drafter but a wiz at unloading contracts 

5 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Saw that.. would you? 

Dennis, THJ, Prince, Blake, Howard

build the bench

As much as I love Sap, I don't think you can take him over Griffin. But I don't think Griffin would come here. 

But let's say we can lure him to Atlanta, Baze, Delaney, and Bembry are all under contract for next year and Dunleavy has a team option (no idea if they pick it up or not). Keep Ersan and Thabo. If the money is there, see if you can bring JJ Reddick over along with Griffin.

PG: Dennis/Delaney/Bembry
SG: THJ/Reddick
SF: Prince/Baze/Thabo
PF: Griffin/Ersan
C: Howard 

Would still need to fill out the roster and add some depth down low, but I like that team. Overall we need more shooters. Reddick would help that out, and hopefully Bembry and Prince can improve.

All that being said, I expect to just re-sign Sap which wouldn't be a bad move. I just think things need to be spiced up. 

blkbigdog35 and TheTrue7 like this

10 hours ago, tl;dr said:

As much as I love Sap, I don't think you can take him over Griffin. But I don't think Griffin would come here. 

But let's say we can lure him to Atlanta, Baze, Delaney, and Bembry are all under contract for next year and Dunleavy has a team option (no idea if they pick it up or not). Keep Ersan and Thabo. If the money is there, see if you can bring JJ Reddick over along with Griffin.

Would still need to fill out the roster and add some depth down low, but I like that team. Overall we need more shooters. Reddick would help that out, and hopefully Bembry and Prince can improve.

All that being said, I expect to just re-sign Sap which wouldn't be a bad move. I just think things need to be spiced up. 

If we could unload baze's contract, very plausible.. only thing that scares me is blake's injury history the past couple years..

also bembry is a sf.. with that said we may be set at the 3

blkbigdog35 likes this

9 hours ago, tl;dr said:

53 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

If we could unload baze's contract, very plausible.. only thing that scares me is blake's injury history the past couple years..

tl I agree with what you are getting with adding shooters. True7, I'm also concerned about Blake's injury history as well. Baze's contract well you know what I think about that. We truly need outside shooters!!!

34 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

tl I agree with what you are getting with adding shooters. True7, I'm also concerned about Blake's injury history as well. Baze's contract well you know what I think about that. We truly need outside shooters!!!

Reddick as a backup to THJ makes me giddy 

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

also bembry is a sf.. with that said we may be set at the 3

I always think of him as a PG, and every time I realize he is a 3... But yeah, we would be set on the wings. 

Blake's injury history is scary though...

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I think the only way to get another outside shooter would be to get rid of Baze. Love the guy, but he is WAY overpaid right now. 

TheTrue7 and blkbigdog35 like this

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Well I see I didn't miss anything but damm man further proof that we have to get more talent on this team.

Well, we need to get starters back, all 3.. even if one is baze at least that helps the bench.. THJ had a horrible game shooting (and he got the start).. prince got the start and looked good.. but as soon as the bench came in, it got out of hand.. they fought back and got within 5-7 but then went absolutely ice cold shooting.. wanna say their bench outscored ours like 45-5 or something ridiculous like that.. 

Watching post game interview with coach Bud and the same line, "We got to play better". Well he has to coach better also. I know we are missing guys but these are NBA players. We need Sap back soon. Just getting a little aggravated with this team.

14 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Only two of our starters have a positive +/-. 

Howard was at a -13, THJ was at -16, and Schroder was at -1. 

Was not all on the bench

The games get out of hand when our bench comes in halfway through the first.. these same bench players get little to no time when our starters are all in.. 

9 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

This team doesn't have enough talent... one player shouldnt make or break at team

We've been missing 2 starters and then 3 today.. that doesn't help the talent deficiencies 

Just now, HEIST said:

If Millsap doesn't come back vs the Suns, it's safe to say they are probably hiding something bad. 

Heard he had an MRI..