Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blkbigdog35

March Hawks Thread

562 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

No bench with 2 starters out.. 

Our bigs are just going thru the motions.  I am tired of this season.  

Jason Terry just loves lighting us up.  

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0423%2Fr76843_1296x518_5%2D2.jpg&w=768&h=307&scale=crop&cquality=80&location=origin

SMH doesn't look like he's listening

I hope I am wrong and I hope Bud is not losing this team.  He could be losing Dennis.  He has been down since the all-star break.  This team is still on an All star break.  

1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I hope I am wrong and I hope Bud is not losing this team.  He could be losing Dennis.  He has been down since the all-star break.  This team is still on an All star break.  

Yeah I believe there is a disconnect for sure. Coach Bud needs to focus on coaching the guys who want to listen and play.

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah I believe there is a disconnect for sure. Coach Bud needs to focus on coaching the guys who want to listen and play.

Bud coaches ball movement and spacing.  The HAwks have really gotten away from that.  

24 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Our bigs are just going thru the motions.  I am tired of this season.  

Jason Terry just loves lighting us up.  

You gotta get them involved.. how many times was the PNR there but the pass wasn't made? How many times did Dwight have him on his hip but the pass wasn't made? Gotta feed him.. 

usmcdirtybird likes this

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You gotta get them involved.. how many times was the PNR there but the pass wasn't made? How many times did Dwight have him on his hip but the pass wasn't made? Gotta feed him.. 

Nique has been mentioning that alot the past few games.

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Nique has been mentioning that alot the past few games.

Dennis just looks like he's looking for that wow play or that wow pass rather than take that basic pass down low.. 

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dennis just looks like he's looking for that wow play or that wow pass rather than take that basic pass down low.. 

Thats why we need good backup pg

24 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Defense came out after half time.   

I may be in the minority but I enjoy when my team makes the playoffs.. yea we aren't loaded with superstars, so we won't get the calls.. yea we may get beat out early or may not make it any further than we have, but it's more games to watch.. it's more time to root them on.. 

i know a majority of people would rather us lose out.. some so they could pull the "I told you so" card, some so they could try to get that lottery pick that may or may not pan out.. but I can't do it.. I would rather them go down trying than to lose on purpose or tank..

to each their own though.. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

We did not blow it up, halfassed it at best. Replaced 30 year old Al with 30 year old Dwight. Traded away the best shooter on the team and then got cold feet, making the team worse off in the meantime and in the future because we're gonna sign Millsap to a mega deal or let him walk for nothing. The Teague trade was the only good move this team made. 

I'd rather this team miss the playoffs and be forced to take their medicine truthfully. Only thing that makes me want to stay in the playoffs is to beat Boston before we get bounced out. 

De'Aaron Fox is a player. I'd make a trade to get him. Like seriously, when was the last time we drafted a player from Kentucky? He'll likely be a high lottery pick. Then give me the center from Michigan or Creighton.

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I may be in the minority but I enjoy when my team makes the playoffs.. yea we aren't loaded with superstars, so we won't get the calls.. yea we may get beat out early or may not make it any further than we have, but it's more games to watch.. it's more time to root them on.. 

i know a majority of people would rather us lose out.. some so they could pull the "I told you so" card, some so they could try to get that lottery pick that may or may not pan out.. but I can't do it.. I would rather them go down trying than to lose on purpose or tank..

to each their own though.. 

Well I never feel like we should just quit because that's a punk mentality. I don't suggest we blow up the team but we have to start infusing some real young talent. Personally getting an experienced GM could keep this team competitive. However I will still be watching these boys in hopes they can get competitive for a final run.

TheTrue7 likes this

9 hours ago, HEIST said:

We did not blow it up, halfassed it at best. Replaced 30 year old Al with 30 year old Dwight. Traded away the best shooter on the team and then got cold feet, making the team worse off in the meantime and in the future because we're gonna sign Millsap to a mega deal or let him walk for nothing. The Teague trade was the only good move this team made. 

I'd rather this team miss the playoffs and be forced to take their medicine truthfully. Only thing that makes me want to stay in the playoffs is to beat Boston before we get bounced out. 

Don't get me started on the horford Howard swap...

korver wasn't shooting lights out for us and was a defensive liability 

not understanding the i just wanna miss the playoffs mentality at all 

:shrug:

7 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

That's called being a treadmill team... and thats not a good thing at all. 

This team kinda reminds me of the Joe Johnson/Horford/Smoove/Marvin team. Good enough to get to the playoffs but get blown out once they get there. 

Treadmill like at least have more of a shot than perennial losers who always seem to be in the lottery?