Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

March Hawks Thread

562 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

My question is how is the interior defense when he's out of the game? Pretty bad.. along with the obvious rebounding deficiencies..  

they should switch more in my opinion.. it's gonna create mismatches but it'll help on the perimeter.. 

 

True but I think they have to commit to defense

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

This. Show hard and get back. Re-route the player allowing his teammate to get over/under through screen.

Exactly but you would think that Bud would address this after viewing game film. I truly think these guys can fix it just with having a more committed effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Exactly but you would think that Bud would address this after viewing game film. I truly think these guys can fix it just with having a more committed effort.

You almost wonder sometimes if he's being told to lay back.. being he's not yanked immediately thereafter 

Edited by TheTrue7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You almost wonder sometimes if he's being told to lay back.. being he's not yanked immediately thereafter 

Well he has chewed some azz tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well he has chewed some azz tonight.

Did he? I'm not listening to the game.. watching but not listening.. family time 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Did he? I'm not listening to the game.. watching but not listening.. family time 

:D

Delaney and Dennis got some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Defense is seriously lacking tonight

Everything is trending in the wrong direction.. I wanna know how when they switch on defense on one side of the court, someone on the opposite side is wide open.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Everything is trending in the wrong direction.. I wanna know how when they switch on defense on one side of the court, someone on the opposite side is wide open.. 

Man it's frustrating watching it happen to often now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Man it's frustrating watching it happen to often now.

Didn't understand the Kelly over Moose move.. or Delaney over Calderon.. 

 

Edited by TheTrue7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Didn't understand the Kelly over Moose.. or Delaney over Calderon.. 

 

Bud is getting desperate. He needs to drop the GM duties. I honestly don't know what unit he could put on the floor right now and be productive with. :shrug:

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Bud is getting desperate. He needs to drop the GM duties. I honestly don't know what unit he could put on the floor right now and be productive with. :shrug:

So desperate that he chooses Kelly over Moose and Hump.. that's absurd.. and Delaney had 4 turnovers in 16 minutes.. I know it's tough without sap but Kelly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bright spot right now has to be the play of Taurean Prince. He is looking like a very good young player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taurean is nice but he didn't play well. More than one occasion he got caught ball watching and lost his man, fouled a 3 pt shooter, bad shooting night. It happens, he looks like he'll be an impact defender at least. 

Dwight looked like he wanted that one. 

Dennis started out and looked to be continuing his funk but he actually broke out of it in the third. THJ had some terrible turnovers. I don't know why Bud played Ryan Kelly. That's when everything went to **** and the team never really recovered from that. 

 

Overall I have no expectation that this team will beat Washington so maybe they willl.. idk. But a loss and they are looking at only being in the playoffs by two games. They haven't proven that they can take care of business vs lesser teams yet and they still have matchups with Cleveland and Boston left. This is gonna be a stressful homestretch.

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday's Hawks News: Time for trying is over

4:11 AM ET
  • ESPN.com

How the Hawks fell apart in a fourth straight loss: Tim Hardaway Jr. said it best. The time for trying is over. The time for doing is now. The Hawks have lost four straight games. Their lead for the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference is down to a mere one game over the Pacers with 12 games remaining in the regular season. Their lead for just a playoff spot is down to just three games. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hawks’ woes continue with big loss to Hornets: The search continues. The Hawks are reeling and at a loss for answers as they dropped their fourth straight game with a 105-90 defeat to the Hornets on Monday at Spectrum Center. The Hawks were without injured starters Paul Millsap and Kent Bazemore as the limp down the final stretch of the regular season. They are 0-5 this season without Millsap, including two straight defeats. Millsap is out with left knee tightness and Bazemore is out with a right knee bone bruise. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hawks’ mentality without Millsap, Bazemore: ‘W-I-N’: Mike Budenholzer says he’s not one for big speeches. The Hawks coach may or may not address his team as they begin an important part of the schedule without two starters. The Hawks have 13 games remaining in the regular season and will be without Paul Millsap for at least two games and Kent Bazemore for at least four games. There is no guarantee that either player will return in those timelines. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Tuesday's Hawks News: Time for trying is over

4:11 AM ET
  • ESPN.com

How the Hawks fell apart in a fourth straight loss: Tim Hardaway Jr. said it best. The time for trying is over. The time for doing is now. The Hawks have lost four straight games. Their lead for the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference is down to a mere one game over the Pacers with 12 games remaining in the regular season. Their lead for just a playoff spot is down to just three games. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hawks’ woes continue with big loss to Hornets: The search continues. The Hawks are reeling and at a loss for answers as they dropped their fourth straight game with a 105-90 defeat to the Hornets on Monday at Spectrum Center. The Hawks were without injured starters Paul Millsap and Kent Bazemore as the limp down the final stretch of the regular season. They are 0-5 this season without Millsap, including two straight defeats. Millsap is out with left knee tightness and Bazemore is out with a right knee bone bruise. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hawks’ mentality without Millsap, Bazemore: ‘W-I-N’: Mike Budenholzer says he’s not one for big speeches. The Hawks coach may or may not address his team as they begin an important part of the schedule without two starters. The Hawks have 13 games remaining in the regular season and will be without Paul Millsap for at least two games and Kent Bazemore for at least four games. There is no guarantee that either player will return in those timelines. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

That bolded part, I don't like.. may or may not address? Are you kidding me?! We're fighting for our playoff lives and our coach may or may not address the issues our team is having? 

Bud, you're really starting to make me wonder... 

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

That bolded part, I don't like.. may or may not address? Are you kidding me?! We're fighting for our playoff lives and our coach may or may not address the issues our team is having? 

Bud, you're really starting to make me wonder... 

Yeah man these quotes pissed me off and I'm concerned because he acts like they can just flip a switch or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah man these quotes pissed me and I'm concerned because he acts like they can just flip a switch or something.

I mean we know he shouldn't have the gm duties, but if he's not taking his coaching responsibilities seriously, smh.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis is so annoying right now. Playing awful and acting like he doesn't care to even be playing tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0