Followers 0
blkbigdog35

March Hawks Thread

562 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Bro you had me choking on my chips with this pic. :lol:

Came to mind in the situation.. :tiphat:

52 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Ok everybody,  for some reason the forum settings got all screwed up. As we can see very clearly guest members were temporarily able to post here in the hawks forum.  Unfortunately it didn't take long before somebody decided it was worth devoting all their time to creating multiple logins. Lol.... either way it shouldn't be a problem now.  Please let me know if it happens again.  

Sidenote:  thank you to everybody who didn't allow the trolling  to lure you into an ugly scene.  I appreciate that. 

Thanks.

37-32

Millsap hurt? Doesn't sound longterm but if it is this team is in "danger" of missing the playoffs.

Yea.. that's a bad game.. missed layups.. no help defense.. poor showing by all starters except the backup that started.. 

9 minutes ago, HEIST said:

37-32

Millsap hurt? Doesn't sound longterm but if it is this team is in "danger" of missing the playoffs.

Think it was a rest day.. for everyone apparently 

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

They were ultimately doomed after giving up 40 points in the 1st quarter

Had chances when it was cut to 10-11 but like clockwork, lillard or cj would drop one

horrible game by Dennis.. 

Edited by TheTrue7

7 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Had chances when it was cut to 10-11 but like clockwork, lillard or cj would drop one

horrible game by Dennis.. 

Yep this team is Jekyll and Hyde right now. :shrug:

TheTrue7 and jayu70 like this

24 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yep this team is Jekyll and Hyde right now. :shrug:

Thing is name me one east team that's not.. now I'm not excusing the bs in the past 2, but no one is scary good right now..

blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

They just don't stretch the floor well. More shooters would do wonders for this team. 

Posted (edited)

Milwaukee and Miami are the hot teams in the east right now

denver and Portland in the west

everyone else is pretty meh.. 

again im not excusing the level of play we've seen because it's crap the past 2.. but just giving a big picture 

edit: well San Antonio is looking good but they lost to Memphis tonight 

Edited by TheTrue7

11 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Thing is name me one east team that's not.. now I'm not excusing the bs in the past 2, but no one is scary good right now..

I agree and I'm hoping they get it turned around come playoff time. Been watching to long not to continue to ride with them.

39 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I agree and I'm hoping they get it turned around come playoff time. Been watching to long not to continue to ride with them.

Trials and tribulations of being a fan.. it's like friendships, you don't lose them, you just find out who the real ones are.. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Trials and tribulations of being a fan.. it's like friendships, you don't lose them, you just find out who the real ones are.. 

Very true man!!!:tiphat:

TheTrue7 likes this

Hawks playoff picture: Race for No. 4 seed takes a hit with Millsap, Bazemore injuries

By Jack Maloney

CBSSports.com | 2017-03-19 22:11:00

After a three-game winning streak, the Atlanta Hawks were just one game behind the Toronto Raptors for fourth place in the Eastern Conference going into play on Monday March 13. Sunday, after three straight losses, they’re now three games back, with 13 games remaining for both teams.

Further hampering the Hawks’ chase for the fourth seed, which comes with homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs, was some tough injury news the team received Sunday afternoon. Two key players, Paul Millsap and Kent Bazemore, are set to miss time in the upcoming week, and perhaps beyond. Via Atlanta’s press release:

Guard Kent Bazemore, who left last night’s game against Portland with 5:27 remaining in the fourth quarter due to a right knee contusion, received an MRI this morning at the Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center, which revealed a right knee bone bruise. He will be treated and re-evaluated in 7-10 days. He is listed as out and will not travel for tomorrow’s game at Charlotte.

Forward Paul Millsap, who missed last night’s game vs. Portland due to left knee tightness, is listed as out and will miss the next two games - tomorrow at Charlotte and Wednesday at Washington. His status will be updated as appropriate.

Millsap’s impact, of course, cannot be understated, as he’s the team’s leading scorer, the second-leading rebounder, and second in assists, steals, and blocks. He does everything for the Hawks, and they’re 0-4 this year with him out of the lineup. When he’s on the court, the Hawks are +1.6 points per 100 possessions, but their net rating drops to -5.7 when he’s out of the game. Even if he’s only out for the two games against Charlotte and Washington, that’s a really tough blow for Atlanta.

As for Bazemore, he’s been all over the place this season, but is still a very athletic and versatile player, and had scored in double-figures in his last four outings. His absence will make them pretty thin at the two, and they could recall DeAndre Bembry to take his place.

Looking at the schedule for the next few days, it’s possible Atlanta’s chase for homecourt in the first round could be over before Millsap and Bazemore get back. The Hawks could handle a struggling Hornets team Monday night, but that’s no guarantee, and their matchup Wednesday against the Wizards will be very tough without Millsap and Bazemore. That could very well end up being two more losses, extending their losing streak to five games.

Meanwhile, the Raptors’ next two games are very winnable, as they have the Pacers and Bulls at home. If the Hawks go 0-2, while the Raps go 2-0 over their next two games, respectively, which is quite plausible, the Raptors would be five games up with 11 to play. And even though the Hawks hold the tiebreaker over the Raptors, that would be quite a difficult hole to dig out of.

On the other side of things for Atlanta, their lead in fifth over the Pacers is now just 1 1/2 games, with the teams scheduled to meet in each team’s regular-season finale, in a game that will decide the tiebreaker between the two. All of a sudden, instead of being right on the Raptors’ tail for fourth, the Hawks’ position in fifth is nowhere near being secure.

© 2004-2017 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved.

Well, that's not good.. wanted baze out the starting lineup but not due to injury.. and sap, get well soon big guy.. because like most teams that don't have the luxury of loading up on all star players, when they lose the one they do have, it's big.. 

but yes, we will see what we're made of now.. Dennis needs to step up.. Dwight needs to step up.. rooks are gonna get some valuable development time.. 

jayu70 likes this

4 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

He is really frustrating to watch. He backs up when defending the pick n roll. Been really hurting the team. 

On occasion yes.. sometimes he's creating space for the on ball defender to go under the screen, since the on ball defender doesn't even try to fight over the screen.. 

if they're switching on the screen, which they should honestly do more often, he has been a little lax to come out..

36 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

On occasion yes.. sometimes he's creating space for the on ball defender to go under the screen, since the on ball defender doesn't even try to fight over the screen.. 

if they're switching on the screen, which they should honestly do more often, he has been a little lax to come out..

I really wish he would flash because it could be intimidating but I agree he has to become involved there. I think that is why we see alot of teams doing that to them more frequently. I think that the whole team has to be more aggressive on defense to hopefully get this offense going again.

30 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I really wish he would flash because it could be intimidating but I agree he has to become involved there. I think that is why we see alot of teams doing that to them more frequently. I think that the whole team has to be more aggressive on defense to hopefully get this offense going again.

My question is how is the interior defense when he's out of the game? Pretty bad.. along with the obvious rebounding deficiencies..  

they should switch more in my opinion.. it's gonna create mismatches but it'll help on the perimeter.. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

57 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

This. Show hard and get back. Re-route the player allowing his teammate to get over/under through screen.

blkbigdog35 likes this