Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

March Hawks Thread

562 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Horford's points are down, fg% down, rebounds down, turnovers are up, steals down, blocks down.. his assists are up minimally.. probably helped by having one of the leading scorers on the other end of some.. but overall his output has dropped 

Edited by TheTrue7

17 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I actually DO know the offense. This offense is best run out of the high post but Dwight doesn't give a s*** about it he only cares about posting.

And what does it matter if he draws fouls if he can't shoot free throws? He sucks. The Hawks failed to take advantage of SA starting slow because he's a dum dum and because he doesn't care to close out, Gasol got three warmup threes.

Gasol was 2-4 from 3.... talking out ur arse now huh?

12 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I'd like to see Ilyasova stick around though he makes some winning plays. 

Agreed.. wonder how he'd look starting once dunleavy gets back

I don't mean Gasol HIT three 3's, I mean that he GOT three PRACTICE three pointers against Dwight because Dwight is lazy as hll. After the last one, even thought it was a MISS, he got yanked. Deservedly so. So talented but a lazy bum. Bum.

Ilyasova is a HORRID SF, look at who looks like the total CLOWN here tonight.

He can't keep anyone in front of him, he'd be GARBAGE at SF.

Posted (edited)

Go ahead and get me permabanned. I don't give two rips, all of you are a bunch of CLOWNS that can't see reality.

Forget the bet in CFB season. I'm gone. I won't post anymore here.

Bye!

Edited by VoiceofReason95

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Ersan is a stretch 4

Dennis, THJ, sap, ersan, Howard? To get baze out the starting lineup? I mean, wasn't the plan to move sap to the 3 if al was still here when we got Howard?

Edited by TheTrue7

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dennis, THJ, sap, ersan, Howard? To get baze out the starting lineup? I mean, wasn't the plan to move sap to the 3 if al was still here when we got Howard?

Millsap is too slow to guard most 3s on a night to night basis. We were planning to move Millsap for picks / young players if we got Horford. Rebuilding on the fly. 

Ersan/Dwight and Ersan/Millsap > Millsap/Dwight from what I've seen though. 

Edited by HEIST

4 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Millsap is too slow to guard most 3s on a night to night basis. We were planning to move Millsap for picks / young players if we got Horford. Rebuilding on the fly. 

Ersan/Dwight and Ersan/Millsap > Millsap/Dwight from what I've seen though. 

I don't know about that.. sap is a pretty good defender.. did a better job vs kyrie than Dennis... he pulled the lebron assignment when Thabo was out..

just trying to get baze out the starting lineup 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

I don't know about that.. sap is a pretty good defender.. did a better job vs kyrie than Dennis... he pulled the lebron assignment when Thabo was out..

just trying to get baze out the starting lineup 

Millsap can guard the position well in spots just like Kevin Love did a good job on Steph in game 7 last year and he's not nearly the defender that Millsap is. But you don't want him doing that all the time.

If you leave him on an island with Lebron  you get plays like that blowby dunk in game 1 2015. Taurean Prince is drafted to be the guy big/strong/fast enough to stay in front of these scoring SFs.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Millsap can guard the position well in spots just like Kevin Love did a good job on Steph in game 7 last year and he's not nearly the defender that Millsap is. But you don't want him doing that all the time.

If you leave him on an island with Lebron  you get plays like that blowby dunk in game 1 2015. Taurean Prince is drafted to be the guy big/strong/fast enough to stay in front of these scoring SFs.

Well, I'm sure almost anyone could be susceptible to that.. 

wish we could fast forward prince's development to start him :D

i really want baze off the bench...

Edited by TheTrue7

Atlanta Hawks: Tim Hardaway Jr. Quietly Having A Successful Season

by Alex Eddy12 hours agoFollow @alex21thegreat

Sir Charles In Charge  

After an up and down start to his career, Tim Hardaway Jr has quietly been having a successful season for the Atlanta Hawks

Tim Hardaway Jr. has scored in double-figures in 21 of his last 22 games. He has been in and out of the starting lineup for the Atlanta Hawks all season, but has been sensational of late.

Recently, Hardaway Jr. has been a huge spark off the bench, providing a great shooting threat for the Hawks. He has really fit in nicely with the departure of Kyle Korver.

Hardaway Jr. is averaging career highs in points per game, field-goal percentage, three-point percentage, rebounds per game, assists per game, and steals per game. The former Wolverine was drafted by the Knicks with the 24th overall pick in the 2013 draft.

A fan favorite at Madison Square Garden, Hardaway Jr. only played two seasons with the Knicks before being dealt to the Hawks. The Knicks received the draft rights to Jerian Grant in return. Hardaway Jr. is yet another example of a player that the Knicks let go of too early. He is a very good scorer, and he can get hot very quickly. The Knicks could definitely use his services right about now.

Hardaway Jr. has hit at least one three-pointer in 19 straight games now, as he has become a consistent threat from downtown. His game is not talked about that much around the NBA, people tend to forget about him. He is not going to blow you away with star potential, but he can provide a huge lift off the bench. Despite his productivity this year, the Hawks tried to trade him at the deadline.

A season and a half later, the Hawks are interested in trading Hardaway before he hits restricted free agency this summer.

“They’re already shopping Tim Hardaway for second round picks because they don’t want to pay him,” said Lowe.

The Atlanta Hawks should definitely ponder keeping Hardaway Jr. for the foreseeable future. Still only 24 years of age (soon to be 25), Hardaway Jr. can bring instant offense every night. As the Hawks continue to make a playoff push, look for Hardaway Jr. to be a key factor as the postseason gets closer and closer.

He may not get the praise of a Paul Millsap, but he is definitely an important piece to this Hawks team.