Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectre

Trump - Russia Thread

Recommended Posts

The Washington Post published Tuesday evening an opinion editorial written by Rice under the title, “Susan Rice: When the White House twists the truth, we are all less safe.”

In the piece, the former Obama administration official calls out several false or misleading statements made by President Donald Trump’s administration in its first two months, including President Trump’s accusation that Obama had “wires tapped” at Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential campaign.

But FBI director James Comey said before the House Intelligence Committee Monday, that he has “no information to support” that claim.

Rice also singled out White House press secretary Sean Spicer for suggesting during a press briefing last week that Britain’s GCHQ intelligence agency spied on Trump, a claim the British government called “utterly ridiculous.”

“These false statements from the White House are part of a disturbing pattern of behavior that poses real and potentially profound dangers to U.S. national security,” Rice wrote, adding that “first impressions matter, and an unsettling pattern has already been established.”

The foundation of the United States’ unrivaled global leadership rests only in part on our military might, the strength of our economy and the power of our ideals. It is also grounded in the perception that the United States is steady, rational and fact-based. To lead effectively, the United States must maintain respect and trust. So, when a White House deliberately dissembles and serially contorts the facts, its actions pose a serious risk to America’s global leadership, among friends and adversaries alike.

Rice cited several examples of past presidents who have used the U.S.’s leadership to rally other countries in support of global causes, from George H.W. Bush removing Saddam Hussein from Kuwait in 1991 to George W. Bush leading the fight against al Qaeda after 9/11 to Obama taking it to ISIS.

Rice attributed each of these successes at rallying other countries to the U.S. being perceived focused on facts. She zeroed in on the Trump administration’s controversial questioning of the relevance of NATO, as well as recent missteps when it came to long-held diplomatic policies, such as the one-China policy and two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the Middle East.

“Our friends must be able to trust the word of the U.S. president,” Rice said, citing leaders in France, Germany and Brazil taking Obama at his word when he said in 2013 that he was not aware of the NSA’s eavesdropping on their personal communications.

Rice said the U.S.’s “perceived credibility” isn’t just important when it comes to her allies, though. The seriousness with which America’s adversaries and enemies take her also matter, she said.

Is Russia certain we will defend every NATO ally at all costs? Does China think we want a trade war or stable economic relations? Does Kim Jong Un fear we may use force preemptively to counter his nuclear and missile capabilities? The United States’ words matter. Critical calculations are based on our perceived credibility.

Americans too, Rice said, need to be able to believe Trump, lest “his ability to harness public support to confront a national crisis [be] undermined.

Still, it is possible to mitigate the long-term effects of this vacation from veracity — if the White House and the president quickly and convincingly return to the tradition of endeavoring to tell the truth from the Oval Office and the White House briefing room. If they do not, one is left to wonder whether the damage inflicted on U.S. global leadership is the deliberate derivative of the ‘deconstruction of the administrative state’ or simply the lasting consequence of compulsive mendacity. Either way, the United States’ national security will suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They really don't want him to testify (the dems I mean) because he will implicate them in an investigation.  That's why they are acting like they don't to have immunity, it because of him they care about, it's because of what they will find out about them.  

They hate Trump. They are scared to death of Bannon and Flynn! I want to hear Flynn's story but I know they do not want him telling it because he knows the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They really don't want him to testify (the dems I mean) because he will implicate them in an investigation.  That's why they are acting like they don't to have immunity, it because of him they care about, it's because of what they will find out about them.  

What did I say yesterday?  This is going to come to a head faster than people think.  Here is another one I called.  This will make the Russian Collusion scam break wide open, the reason they thought they could get away with the unmasking was because they thought they were going to win.  Now it's all going to fall back on them.  Between Rice and Schiff this fake Russian collusion scam is falling apart faster than a snowflake in Miami.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-04-03/top-obama-adviser-sought-names-of-trump-associates-in-intel

A week after schiff says he had definitive proof of collusion he back off with this tape.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

What did I say yesterday?  This is going to come to a head faster than people think.  Here is another one I called.  This will make the Russian Collusion scam break wide open, the reason they thought they could get away with the unmasking was because they thought they were going to win.  Now it's all going to fall back on them.  Between Rice and Schiff this fake Russian collusion scam is falling apart faster than a snowflake in Miami.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-04-03/top-obama-adviser-sought-names-of-trump-associates-in-intel

A week after schiff says he had definitive proof of collusion he back off with this tape.  

 

 

When did Schiff say he had definitive proof of collusion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I said in a tape from a week previously from this one.  He said more than circumstantial evidence in this tape.  

 

There's a lot of real estate between "not circumstantial" and "definitive". I'm not even playing semantics here either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When this hits, we're going to be looking at the single largest money laundering operation takedown in world history, with massive international ramifications.

Based on the bits and pieces I got, which I won't share, I can say that wars have been started over less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Don't have a subscription.

The FBI is creating an entire separate division that will report directly to Comey to tackle this investigation because of the scale of this investigation. 20 senior FBI investigators added to the case, which will be lead by a top level counter-intelligence operative being called back to oversee the operation. The investigation will now be based at the FBI HQ in DC. 

There was a massive surge of information and key cracks in this recently, like I said. There's literally not a superlative I can use to describe the enormity of what the FBI is tackling right now. It may take years to cover the depth of this, and only fragments of it would be enough to end Trump and several prominent U.S. political figures. I actually don't know if it's even possible to take this whole web down at once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spectre said:

The FBI is creating an entire separate division that will report directly to Comey to tackle this investigation because of the scale of this investigation. 20 senior FBI investigators added to the case, which will be lead by a top level counter-intelligence operative being called back to oversee the operation. The investigation will now be based at the FBI HQ in DC. 

There was a massive surge of information and key cracks in this recently, like I said. There's literally not a superlative I can use to describe the enormity of what the FBI is tackling right now. It may take years to cover the depth of this, and only fragments of it would be enough to end Trump and several prominent U.S. political figures. I actually don't know if it's even possible to take this whole web down at once. 

Interesting, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jpowers said:

There's a lot of real estate between "not circumstantial" and "definitive". I'm not even playing semantics here either.

You're right, he said he had more than circumstantial evidence (that he would not share, he wouldn't commit to definitive) at this point.  That was my bad.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spectre said:

When this hits, we're going to be looking at the single largest money laundering operation takedown in world history, with massive international ramifications.

Based on the bits and pieces I got, which I won't share, I can say that wars have been started over less. 

So Financial Times has the story but no one else does?  Maybe if I buy their subscription I can leak the evidence to the FBI? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Yeah, the WH needs to get a handle on this stuff quickly.  What part of "get everything out there and up front" don't they understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, the WH needs to get a handle on this stuff quickly.  What part of "get everything out there and up front" don't they understand?

Get a handle on this stuff. The White House IS this stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spectre said:

Perhaps you should have actually read the article. You should probably read more than the headline. This is glorious LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

Perhaps you should have actually read the article. You should probably read more than the headline. This is glorious LOL!

I know that's been said to you before, but it doesn't work when the people posting the article have read it and are smarter than you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spectre said:

 

Quote

FBI creating special unit to co-ordinate Russia probe

 Apr 3 - 12:40 pm

The FBI is planning to create a special section to co-ordinate its investigation of Russian activities designed to influence the 2016 presidential election, Financial Times reports with reference to a person familiar with the plan. 

The move is also aimed at giving FBI director James Comey greater visibility into the investigation’s granular details. “It’s meant to surge resources,” one FBI agent said. 

Creation of the temporary unit mirrors the bureau’s approach to other sensitive investigations, including the WikiLeaks disclosure of classified US government documents and Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while secretary of state. 

The FBI generally prefers to run investigations from one of its 56 field offices, but the high-profile nature of the sprawling Russia inquiry is seen as requiring a central manager, according to current and former officials. 

The bureau is expected to recall from the field an FBI counter-intelligence specialist to oversee the squad of about 20 agents, which is to begin work next month.

Is there any additional info in the article, or does this pretty much cover it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
  • Create New...