Spectre

Trump - Russia Thread

2,056 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We just have a difference of opinion is all.  I Believe we are on the right path and some of y'all are praying they will throw Trump out on his keister.  Can I help it if I'm right?

Look . . . My point should have been pretty obvious.  I admitted that I can not prove that votes were swayed.

But we know that external forces sway votes.  That's why people, you know . . . CAMPAIGN.  Ads.  Social Media.  Dirt. 

We KNOW that the wikileaks stuff was in the news daily leading up to the election.

We KNOW that Russian trolls and bots generated posts that literally 100's of millions views.

We KNOW that the election was decided by margins of 1 percent, .5%, and .25% in three states that shifted everything.

As I said, I can't tell you that the Russia meddling triggered that change.

Can you tell me that it did NOT?

You responded by saying that I can't show you it made a difference.

Why are you repeating my argument rather than repudiating it?

Senility.

Prove that Russia did NOT alter the election.

Then, while Mueller's investigation is continuing, prove that Trump's campaign did not collude.

I don't give squat about your opinion.

I want evidence.

Big_Dog likes this

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

Look . . . My point should have been pretty obvious.  I admitted that I can not prove that votes were swayed.

But we know that external forces sway votes.  That's why people, you know . . . CAMPAIGN.  Ads.  Social Media.  Dirt. 

We KNOW that the wikileaks stuff was in the news daily leading up to the election.

We KNOW that Russian trolls and bots generated posts that literally 100's of millions views.

We KNOW that the election was decided by margins of 1 percent, .5%, and .25% in three states that shifted everything.

Senility.

Then, while Mueller's investigation is continuing, prove that Trump's campaign did not collude.

I don't give 

That is just an absurd premise you laid out, it's borderline ridiculous.

As I've said before if the voter's Hill lost we're swayed by Russian bots ads or last second voting booth jitters that reflects more on the status the Dems voter base than any perceived Russian collusion.

So I rate your theory as mostly false.

sdogg likes this

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That is just an absurd premise you laid out, it's's borderline ridiculous.

As I've said before if the voter's Hill lost we're swayed by Russian bots ads or last second voting booth jitters that reflects more on the status the Dems voter base than any perceived Russian collusion.

So I rate your theory as mostly false.

Take your nap, review use of apostrophes, and re-post.

Please.

Big_Dog likes this

7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Take your nap, review use of apostrophes, and re-post.

Please.

That was a fat finger phone situation I don't know how you kids do it?

Oh nice retort though...so you've got nothing as I suspected.

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

Senility.

I don't give squat about your opinion.

I want evidence.

Your the one that made the challenge, so it is up to you to prove that Russia altered the election. We don't have to prove they didn't, you have to prove they did. innocent until proven guilty is still the law in this country. When you have real evidence, make your case. Until then, move along.

sdogg likes this

Just now, caver50 said:

Your the one that made the challenge, so it is up to you to prove that Russia altered the election. We don't have to prove they didn't, you have to prove they did. innocent until proven guilty is still the law in this country. When you have real evidence, make your case. Until then, move along.

First off . . . What's up with you people and your inability to use apostrophes correctly?

But, substantively, if you have not been following along, my point is in response to those who actually HAVE affirmatively asserted that Russians did not move the needle on this election.

My point is that it is at least as absurd to assert that they did NOT change anything as it is to assert that it did.

And, btw, what is up with your reading comprehension?  Please post a link to my assertion that Russian altered voting decisions?  Again, I actually asserted that I can NOT prove that.  But I certainly think it should be studied, quantified and, if possible someone should figure out if they did or did not.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

22 minutes ago, caver50 said:

Next you are going to say Russians are protected by the 2nd amendment.

The word irony cones to mind when I think of some of y'all about Russia.  Just a few years ago you laughed with Glee when Romney said Russia was our biggest geopolitical for and Obama said, governor Romney, the 1980s called and they want their foreign policy back, now most of y'all can't get enough of the Russian BS.

As long as it helps your cause I guess?  

New leaders and a new message/agenda might serve you better.  People in general couldn't care less about this Russian nonsense, it has no effect on their everyday lives...it only had that if you try and unjustly try and remove the valid 45th POTUS.

20 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The word irony cones to mind when I think of some of y'all about Russia.  Just a few years ago you laughed with Glee when Romney said Russia was our biggest geopolitical for and Obama said, governor Romney, the 1980s called and they want their foreign policy back, now most of y'all can't get enough of the Russian BS.

As long as it helps your cause I guess?  

New leaders and a new message/agenda might serve you better.  People in general couldn't care less about this Russian nonsense, it has no effect on their everyday lives...it only had that if you try and unjustly try and remove the valid 45th POTUS.

You'll be whistling out of your azz soon if any part of the stories released yesterday by the Washington Post and NY Times are anywhere near being factual. They laid out some serious detrimental issues that Mueller got his hands on regarding a 'back channel to Putin' by Trumps former campaign team (with Trump's knowledge) and Trumps White House attorney McGahn's statement about Trump questioning people close to him who have already testified in front of Mueller's Grand Jury about what they may have said under oath. Tick . . . tock   Tick . . .tock :munch:

15 minutes ago, big_dog said:

You'll be whistling out of your azz soon if any part of the stories released yesterday by the Washington Post and NY Times are anywhere near being factual. They laid out some serious detrimental issues that Mueller got his hands on regarding a 'back channel to Putin' by Trumps former campaign team (with Trump's knowledge) and Trumps White House attorney McGahn's statement about Trump questioning people close to him who have already testified in front of Mueller's Grand Jury about what they may have said under oath. Tick . . . tock   Tick . . .tock :munch:

Remember when the bus tape, Comey, the Russians, his taxes, the hooker, Nunberg, heck whatever fake story breaks everyday was going to take Trump down?  Yeah, me too.  :sadwave:

sdogg likes this

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Remember when the bus tape, Comey, the Russians, his taxes, the hooker, Nunberg, heck whatever fake story breaks everyday was going to take Trump down?  Yeah, me too.  :sadwave:

The stories are real...its the balls of the Republican leadership that are fake.      Until the indictments roll out...its Republican hypocrisy that is keeping Trump afloat.

5 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

The stories are real...its the balls of the Republican leadership that are fake.      Until the indictments roll out...its Republican hypocrisy that is keeping Trump afloat.

I think both sides would be happy if we pushed all the nonsense about getting him out of office aside and just watched them report on the job he's doing.  I know their embarrassed they (Dems lost) but the ball is in their court as far as regainging the WH.  It won't be done by attacking him 24/7 though, the Dems constituents are sick of that, they want to hear what their leaders are going to do for them.  Russia is not putting money in their wallets, food on their table, or wind in their social sails.   

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I think both sides would be happy if we pushed all the nonsense about getting him out of office aside and just watched them report on the job he's doing.  I know their embarrassed they (Dems lost) but the ball is in their court as far as regainging the WH.  It won't be done by attacking him 24/7 though, the Dems constituents are sick of that, they want to hear what their leaders are going to do for them.  Russia is not putting money in their wallets, food on their table, or wind in their social sails.   

Actually...Russia literally put money in some of their pockets. 

2 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Actually...Russia literally put money in some of their pockets. 

In their constituent pockets as a formidable policy?  Please explain.  

I mean I certainly hope we hold Dems to higher standard than MAGAs did Trump and not wait till a few weeks before inauguration before we actually start hearing some actual policy.

Maybe Mexico will pay for our free tuition?

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

In their constituent pockets as a formidable policy?  Please explain.  

They literally paid some Trump supporters to protest and join rallies.

4 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

They literally paid some Trump supporters to protest and join rallies.

I'm talking about the Dems constituents, those things they need that I mentioned earlier, on a regular basis, you know, policies that improve their everyday lives.  Not payouts that may or may not have happened on either side.  

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm talking about the Dems constituents, those things they need that I mentioned earlier, on a regular basis, you know, policies that improve their everyday lives.  Not payouts that may or may not have happened on either side.  

Oh..well yeah. Dems and us liberals are indeed bothered by the ***** grabbing lunatic in the office.  That is kinda the priority at the moment...even if Dems don't take over.  We need sanity ASAP.

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

B O gets mad if you "clog" up space with responding back and forth.

1 hour ago, thesouphead said:

Oh..well yeah. Dems and us liberals are indeed bothered by the ***** grabbing lunatic in the office.  That is kinda the priority at the moment...even if Dems don't take over.  We need sanity ASAP.

https://www.wired.com/story/reddit-russian-propaganda/

Of all of the tech platforms that Russian trolls infiltrated during the run-up to the 2016 election in the United States, Reddit has been among the least forthcoming. While Facebook, Twitter, and Google have reluctantly testified before Congress and published frequent—if often incomplete—blog posts about the way Russia’s Internet Research Agency abused their services, Reddit CEO Steve Huffman didn't fully fess up about the hundreds of Russian troll accounts the company deleted until just this week, following a Daily Beast investigation that shed new light on Reddit's exposure to Russian propaganda. Even now, a source close to the Senate Intelligence Committee tells WIRED that Reddit has yet to provide the committee with any documentation.

But traces of Russian trolls activity remain on Reddit, providing some hints of their strategy on that platform without the company's help. Columbia University researcher Jonathan Albright has found more than a thousand posts submitted by a small coterie of accounts between the spring and fall of 2016 linking back to phony websites created by the IRA. These posts were still live on Reddit as of Friday morning.