Spectre

Trump - Russia Thread

1,387 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Please keep Facebook memes contained to Facebook. This applies to everyone.

:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, capologist said:

So you now believe Russian officials?

It's possible that there were contacts with the Clinton campaign, but a British conservative newspaper reporting what the Russian officials claim is pretty weak stuff.  Much weaker than the evidence about Trump connections that you are so dismissive of.

Also, the article isn't nearly as favorable as you seem to think.  Even it says that discussions with Trump campaign team were more fruitful.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So you now believe Russian officials?

It's possible that there were contacts with the Clinton campaign, but a British conservative newspaper reporting what the Russian officials claim is pretty weak stuff.  Much weaker than the evidence about Trump connections that you are so dismissive of.

You kind of missed my point...

The question is....if the contact with Russia was mundane....and for the record I think much of it was....why lie about it??

Sessions volunteered information that was  lie.

There have been multiple people from the campaign lie about contacts....

Why did they lie???

BrockSamson and big_dog like this

9 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The question is....if the contact with Russia was mundane....and for the record I think much of it was....why lie about it??

Why did they lie???

In fairness, lying seems to be a prerequisite for a position in the Trump campaign and White House.  Maybe they were just demonstrating their ability to serve in his administration?

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

My apologies.  What was the point?

Just that you hear about contacts yet nothing about what was discussed.  So far the worst we've heard is that MAYBE it's been discussed that the Trump administration wants better relations with Russia or that the sanctions may be eased up (which hasn't happened btw).   Nothing at all has changed in the dynamic between US and Russia at this point.  It's all nothing but talk so far.  That's why I put "Whoopie" on the end of that post.  I'm just not seeing the dire consequences of anything presented so far...

1 minute ago, capologist said:

Just that you hear about contacts yet nothing about what was discussed.  So far the worst we've heard is that MAYBE it's been discussed that the Trump administration wants better relations with Russia or that the sanctions may be eased up (which hasn't happened btw).   Nothing at all has changed in the dynamic between US and Russia at this point.  It's all nothing but talk so far.  That's why I put "Whoopie" on the end of that post.  I'm just not seeing the dire consequences of anything presented so far...

Does the fact that Roger Stone, a long-time Trump friend and campaign advisor, had back channel conversations with Wikileaks while the hacked emails were being released not bother you or raise suspicion?

13 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Why did they lie???

Sessions didn't lie.  This is the problem with this story.  He was asked specifically about contacts regarding the campaign.  His contacts with an ambassador was as a Senator and had nothing to do with the campaign.  There have been several experts that have come out and stated than anyone trying to label this as perjury is just incorrect.  Things like what Pelosi and Schumer are doing are exactly why I discount all this Russia business.  It comes off as sour grapes when they do those types of things and cheapens anything else around it... 

James Bond 007 likes this

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Does the fact that Roger Stone, a long-time Trump friend and campaign advisor, had back channel conversations with Wikileaks while the hacked emails were being released not bother you or raise suspicion?

Not particularly.

Edit for clarification:  Stone resigned/fired whatever well over a year prior to the election, that's why it doesn't concern me and with some of the things he's said, not sure he's the most credible person.  He's said some way out there things at times...

4 minutes ago, capologist said:

Sessions didn't lie.  This is the problem with this story.  He was asked specifically about contacts regarding the campaign.  His contacts with an ambassador was as a Senator and had nothing to do with the campaign.  There have been several experts that have come out and stated than anyone trying to label this as perjury is just incorrect.  Things like what Pelosi and Schumer are doing are exactly why I discount all this Russia business.  It comes off as sour grapes when they do those types of things and cheapens anything else around it... 

Ummn yeah he did.

He clearly said that he did not have contact......when he did.

That is a lie.

Now  again I doubt that what ever was talked about was nefarious in nature. But the fact is that he said something that he knew was untrue.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Ummn yeah he did.

That is a lie.

Now  again I doubt that what ever was talked about was nefarious in nature. But the fact is that he said something that he knew was untrue.

And that's been explained so no, it's not lie.  It's being blown way out of proportion like pretty much everything else has so far...

James Bond 007 likes this

And the funny thing is.....we was not even asked if he had contact with Russia.

Had he just answered the question that was asked he would not be brought up in this conversation

BrockSamson and big_dog like this

44 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, the article isn't nearly as favorable as you seem to think.  Even it says that discussions with Trump campaign team were more fruitful.

I would hope so, Obama and Hilary were playing around the possibility of nuclear war with russia. 

29 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ummn yeah he did.

That is a lie.

:lol:

He had contact as a Senator in that capacity but not as a Trump surrogate...the rabbit hole must be a comfortable place for you guys.  That's why you've been losing seats since 2010 at an alarming rate.  

2 hours ago, capologist said:

Not particularly.

Edit for clarification:  Stone resigned/fired whatever well over a year prior to the election, that's why it doesn't concern me and with some of the things he's said, not sure he's the most credible person.  He's said some way out there things at times...

Um, what are you talking about?  He was an official member of the Trump campaign until August 2016 and remained a close advisor to Trump after he left the campaign.  

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Ah, thanks, I misread.  Still, he remained a close advisor to Trump throughout the campaign, as I understand it.

No, it was a contentious split actually.  Trump claimed to have fired Stone while Stone claimed to "fire Trump" (his words not mine).  They wished each other well but that's about the extent of it.  Edit:  I looked for contact after the resignation but found nothing...