Spectre

Trump - Russia Thread

2,069 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You'll see after all the hysteria settles down JP that there will be no there/there.  Just like I said nothing would come of her email scandal.  Call it luck, call it skill in following politics for a long time, but my record on here is pretty dayum good. If I'm wrong I'll be the first one (as I usually am) on here saying so.  I don't expect the same courtesy from some on here though...they know who they are.   

I'll be shocked if anything comes out of it myself but that's not what I was talking about. I was just pointing out how the Potus and Flynn both seemed to think it was a big deal when Hillary's people asked for immunity. Trump's statement today and Flynn's in the past are kinda ironic actually.

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I'll be shocked if anything comes out of it myself but that's not what I was talking about. I was just pointing out how the Potus and Flynn both seemed to think it was a big deal when Hillary's people asked for immunity. Trump's statement today and Flynn's in the past are kinda ironic actually.

Ironic and glaringly hypocritical.

I saw poor Jack Kingston on CNN earlier trying to defend Trump on all of this.  His defense boiled down to Trump being a liar and blustering on his wiretap claim and the administration being too incompetent to coordinate with Nunes Or otherwise orchestrating on this stuff.

That's what Trump's supporters are saying in SUPPORT of Trump.

mdrake34 and MACK4ttACK like this

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I am not shocked that anything politicians say from either side of the aisle is ironic.  That is part of the politics game.  I do agree with you about nothing will come of it.  I am even wanting independent counsel to settle this once and for all, but like I said in another post, we all know it will not end it for the Democrats though.  

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I saw poor Jack Kingston on CNN earlier trying to defend Trump on all of this.  His defense boiled down to Trump being a liar and blustering on his wiretap claim and the administration being too incompetent to coordinate with Nunes Or otherwise orchestrating on this stuff.

The sad thing is that this is the most plausible defense.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I am not shocked that anything politicians say from either side of the aisle is ironic.  That is part of the politics game.  I do agree with you about nothing will come of it.  I am even wanting independent counsel to settle this once and for all, but like I said in another post, we all know it will not end it for the Democrats though.  

I thought Trump wasn't a politician and said what he meant? 

MACK4ttACK likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

The sad thing is that this is the most plausible defense.

I think that even Trump's supporters are past the "3D chess" nonsense now.  It's pretty obvious that he's not the hidden genius people think.  At best, he's a bumbling fool who doesn't understand the basics of intelligence nor how government operates.  

jidady and MACK4ttACK like this

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I thought Trump wasn't a politician and said what he meant? 

He's not a (normal politician and I hope he stays that way) and he's being attacked from both parties for it.  One would ask themselves why is that?  The same reason people wanted him in to change how politics work are the same reason career politicians don't want him to change how Washington works.  But we need to change how Washington works forever!  

24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You'll see after all the hysteria settles down JP that there will be no there/there.

People wouldn't be dying well, well, WELL ahead of what the actuary table suggests unless there's a there there.

MACK4ttACK likes this

31 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

wfw is a troll, plain and simple. 

He's more of a Loki. He's a smart, generally funny person who isn't happy unless he's stirring some pot.

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He's not a (normal politician and I hope he stays that way) and he's being attacked from both parties for it.  One would ask themselves why is that?  The same reason people wanted him in to change how politics work are the same reason career politicians don't want him to change how Washington works.  But we need to change how Washington works forever!  

Probably due to his ineptitude, not bothering with his job (eg. leaving Bannon in charge of healthcare negotiations/threats as Trump did **** all), picking fights at all times and with everyone (eg. declaring that he's going to try to primary Freedom Caucus members), shifting blame in ways that causes incidents (eg. trying to blame the UK for "wiretapping" him),  and limp **** tough guy BS (eg. the NATO invoice to Merkel). This doesn't even delve into the daily scandals that pop up that range from nepotism, to giving national security clearance to a foreign agent, to self-dealing, to the Russia fiasco.

He has brought all of this onto himself.

MACK4ttACK, AF89, HolyMoses and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Probably due to his ineptitude, not bothering with his job (eg. leaving Bannon in charge of healthcare negotiations/threats as Trump did **** all), picking fights at all times and with everyone (eg. declaring that he's going to try to primary Freedom Caucus members), shifting blame in ways that causes incidents (eg. trying to blame the UK for "wiretapping" him),  and limp **** tough guy BS (eg. the NATO invoice to Merkel). This doesn't even delve into the daily scandals that pop up that range from nepotism, to giving national security clearance to a foreign agent, to self-dealing, to the Russia fiasco.

He has brought all of this onto himself.

Exactly.  The overwhelming majority of these things are self-inflicted wounds.  

I expect the rightwing narrative to shift from "fake news media has lost all credibility and power" back to explaining his abysmal polling numbers as "fake news media manipulating public into hating Trump".  

His abysmal approval ratings (he's at a new low in today's Rasmussen poll, for example) are all the more notable considering that the economy is doing pretty well.  If the economy goes to crap then his presidency (and the GOP majority) will be in very, very serious trouble.

27 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Johnny Isakson has Parkinson's, and he's in declining health. There's been speculation as to whether Isakson will be able to serve his entire Senate term or resign, allowing Deal to appoint a replacement. Jack Kingston has been the name most mentioned if that happens.

If that happens, I'm pulling for Jack. I disagree with most of his positions, but he's friends with my father, and my family has given him a lot of money. :troll:

MACK4ttACK likes this

4 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Johnny Isakson has Parkinson's, and he's in declining health. There's been speculation as to whether Isakson will be able to serve his entire Senate term or resign, allowing Deal to appoint a replacement. Jack Kingston has been the name most mentioned if that happens.

If that happens, I'm pulling for Jack. I disagree with most of his positions, but he's friends with my father, and my family has given him a lot of money. :troll:

His son was a member of Demosthenian at UGA with some of my friends and Jack would pop by once in a blue moon. The apple didn't fall far from the tree from what I've been told.

MACK4ttACK likes this

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

WFW once jimmy rustled an entire subforum out of existence. 

hVHbAGB.gif

I cannot take full credit for that, trying to clean up corruption and get the subforum off of the mods back (because they wanted a modless subforum and they treated Tuggle and Mono horribly) is not a one man job, it also brings with it many detractors. 

People give me too much credit for having some sort of power...appreciate the compliment though.  

Billy Ocean likes this

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You'll see after all the hysteria settles down JP that there will be no there/there.  Just like I said nothing would come of her email scandal.

Dude he was fired from being the NATIONS TOP SECURITY ADVISOR.

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Call it luck, call it skill in following politics for a long time, but my record on here is pretty dayum good. If I'm wrong I'll be the first one (as I usually am) on here saying so.   

15% of your posts "liked" is not a pretty dayum good record.

1 minute ago, big_dog said:

15% of your posts "liked" is not a pretty dayum good record.

Who said anything about being liked?  I'm talking about being right more often than not!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/03/31/us/politics/ap-us-trump-intelligence.html?_r=1&referer=

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is facing new questions about political interference in the investigations into Russian election meddling following reports that White House officials secretly funneled material to the chairman of the House intelligence committee.

Full article in link. 

Leon Troutsky likes this