Spectre

Trump - Russia Thread

2,069 posts in this topic

Also, if credible evidence emerges of wrong-doing by Trump aides but not Trump himself, it's going to be hard for Trump to suddenly protect himself against the public backlash because of all of his lies and attacks and denials since the story emerged.

Reagan flat out told a falsehood about Iran-Contra on national TV.  But he had built up a huge storehouse of goodwill because of the economy and also his affable personality.  So when he went back on TV and said that he thought it was true in his heart but the facts now show otherwise, people gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Trump doesn't have the ability to give that kind of humble, reflective address to the country AND the public largely views him as untrustworthy and of questionable integrity (to say the least).  He can't pivot like that Reagan did and he's likely to take the brunt of the public backlash if the investigations prove collusion with Russia by his aides but not him. 

I'd like to see Trump held accountable I just think something like P*SSY Grabber, Insulting the Kahn's, Saying a judge of Mexican decent cannot over sea his cases, Saying he'd date his daughter and calling her a nice piece of *** should have ended his political career. And all of this is stuff he said on video/audio

I'm also not very confident that any type of investigation or persecution involving any body from the GOP would end with any type of conclusive result that would persecute him.

15 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I hate to be a broken record, but Trump's hardcore supporters are only around 20-25% of the American public.  And that's a high-end estimate.  A lot of people who voted for him did so very reluctantly and a good portion of them have already turned against him (look at his approval ratings).  So this notion that if credible evidence emerges of serious wrong-doing regarding Russia then nothing will happen to him just isn't true.  The only thing that could save him against that would be a booming economy, and I'm not even sure that would save him given the seriousness of the allegations.

We've been saying that for two years . . . but Vichey Republicans . . .

5 minutes ago, holymoses said:

We've been saying that for two years . . . but Vichey Republicans . . .

Yea the fact he even got elected after all the crap that happened shows me him and his supporters are more than ready to over look about anything to keep their side in power.

HolyMoses likes this

:lol:

“The problem that he’s created is he’s gone off on a lark by himself, sort of an Inspector Clouseau investigation here,” Graham said. “The only way this thing can be repaired is he tells his colleagues on the House intel committee who he met with and what he saw and let them look at the same information.”

mdrake34 and HolyMoses like this

The crazy thing is that the White House is hiding information that is commonly available and easily obtained.  Like who signed in Nunes to the White House to view the information?  That is part of the White House visitor's log that has been available during every presidential administration in the last 20 years or so.  But the White House won't release those visitor logs to the public.  

It just reeks of a cover up, even if it's not.

AF89 and Big_Dog like this

I'd just as soon have the FBI as the sole investigation agency/group at this point. How can the Intelligence Committee do anything with a monkey wrench being tossed their way. And the sooner the better.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Another example...why wouldn't the White House disclose Jared Kushner's meeting with a Russian bank that was under sanctions since 2014?  Given all of the investigations into Trump-Russia connections and the constant denials about meetings with Russians, that would be something they had to know would become public.  

Just now, big_dog said:

I'd just as soon have the FBI as the sole investigation agency/group at this point. How can the Intelligence Committee do anything with a monkey wrench being tossed their way. And the sooner the better.

That's why I'm optimistic about the Senate committee investigation. You don't have that committee headed by a Trump transition team members and it's filled with Republicans who have no love for Trump and won't be accused of covering up for him.

Big_Dog likes this

22 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

:lol:

“The problem that he’s created is he’s gone off on a lark by himself, sort of an Inspector Clouseau investigation here,” Graham said. “The only way this thing can be repaired is he tells his colleagues on the House intel committee who he met with and what he saw and let them look at the same information.”

I wish there were folks in the GOP besides Graham and McCain that were willing to speak up against this nonsense, because as soon as they say something, the chuckleheads here immediately dismiss it and crack jokes about them. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

This has got to be the most corrupt administration in our history or the dumbest (or both). I'm embarrassed and don't know why the trumpers on here aren't. Although some have them have dropped out and stopped trying to defend Trump's bs. The group has dropped from around 6 or 8 to 3 or 4 die hards.

Option A: Trump or his team were colluding with Russia and are trying at all costs to cover it up. 

Option B: The leader of the free world and our military is completely innocent and is just unbelievably clumsy. 

Honestly. At this point Idk which one is better. If a person is innocent and THIS is the path they take to convince the public of such.....is that really a "strategic" mastermind that needs to be in power? 

mfaulk57158 likes this

5 minutes ago, Worzone said:

Option C. Previous administration was trying to start a war with Russia. Not sure if you remember the massive buildup that was taking place. And then poisoned the kettle and painted a picture that everything is now suspect. So why tie, any visit, any call that takes or has taken place looks suspicious. Painting Trump illegitimate and unsafe, 

Like sanctioning the bank the Russian government uses to fund FSB operations?

AF89, mdrake34, HolyMoses and 1 other like this

12 minutes ago, Worzone said:

Option C. Previous administration was trying to start a war with Russia. Not sure if you remember the massive buildup that was taking place. And then poisoned the kettle and painted a picture that everything is now suspect. So why tie, any visit, any call that takes or has taken place looks suspicious. Painting Trump illegitimate and unsafe, 

Yes Obama is making the WH handle this like a bunch of idiots 

Heavy eye roll. 

mdrake34, HolyMoses and falconsd56 like this

41 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Like sanctioning the bank the Russian government uses to fund FSB operations?

Are we talking about Podesta's Russian money now?  

3 minutes ago, Worzone said:

Stopping Flag Burning? Nope

How many times do I have to explain to you that this is protected free speech under the First Amendment?