Spectre

Trump - Russia Thread

2,069 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Comey and Rogers reportedly cancelled on the closed House IC hearing.

I don't blame them.  The House IC is compromised under Nunes' leadership and their investigation is a farce at this point.

Leon Troutsky likes this

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They are at the bottom.  I've never seen one party so low.  I'm embarrassed for them.   The civil/political discourse from their leaders is coming through loud and clear.  I hope they get their act together and start working across the aisle for the good of the country.  

"The Chairman of the HIC is discussing his investigation on members of the White House with members of the White House. He also keeps cancelling public hearings. That's ****** up."

"THAT PALES IN COMPARISON TO SCHUMER ALLEGEDLY YELLING AT SOMEONE! COULD THE DEMOCRATS SINK ANY LOWER?!"

11 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They are at the bottom.  I've never seen one party so low.  I'm embarrassed for them.   The civil/political discourse from their leaders is coming through loud and clear

Coming from you, this is

Carter likes this

As an aside regarding the Schumer story, I can't find a video of it anywhere. In this day and age I find it very difficult to believe that if someone like the Senate Minority Leader was screaming at someone in a public setting that someone wouldn't have whipped out their phone and recorded it.

12 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

As an aside regarding the Schumer story, I can't find a video of it anywhere. In this day and age I find it very difficult to believe that if someone like the Senate Minority Leader was screaming at someone in a public setting that someone wouldn't have whipped out their phone and recorded it.

He admits he was there.  He admits to having unremarkable conversation in the eatery, and his team is backing him on that.  There are a multitude of links that say otherwise.  Not sure why former secretary of health, education and welfare Joseph Califano's wife, Hillary, would make up such a story?  There are witnesses that corroborate the incident.  Regardless, is this something anyone's senator should be doing in public if true?  

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He admits he was there.  He admits to having unremarkable conversation in the eatery, and his team is backing him on that.  There are a multitude of links that say otherwise.  Not sure why former secretary of health, education and welfare Joseph Califano's wife, Hillary, would make up such a story?  There are witnesses that corroborate the incident.  Regardless, is this something anyone's senator should be doing in public if true?  

I'm just saying it's weird that no one would record a prominent figure screaming at someone in a public setting.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm just saying it's weird that no one would record a prominent figure screaming at someone in a public setting.

It started in the eatery and went to the street.  Unless someone followed them out to the street it would've been hard to capture the entire thing.  You would think someone would've caught part of it though

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm trying my best to not speculate or assume guilt until the investigation is complete but they're making it extremely difficult to do that.

Yeah, their handling of this is suspicious as ****.  And Nunes seems completely out of his depth in how he's handling this.  

Thank God for the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Also, there is a legitimate case to be that Yates' discussions with WH officials fall under executive privilege.  That's fair.  But the way they are handling it makes it look like they are obstructing the investigation.

Another Russian politician was shot and killed yesterday, this time the one over construction for the interior ministry. 

2 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Another Russian politician was shot and killed yesterday, this time the one over construction for the interior ministry. 

5ft9c.jpg

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This is looking worse and worse by the minute.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

If this isn't a poor attempt at a cover up then they're doing a good job of making it look like it.

Can you even imagine the reaction here if the parties were switched? 

Carter and Leon Troutsky like this

19 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

If this isn't a poor attempt at a cover up then they're doing a good job of making it look like it.

It's a weird combination of apparent cover up and complete incompetence.  I've never seen anything like this Nunes thing.  As you said, if it's not a cover up then it's so incompetent that they're making it look like one.

23 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The problem is this administration has a severe lack of accountability. Trump Supporters don't care about making Trump accountable. It might not take much more than a pathetic attempt at a cover up to keep things going for Trump.

I really would not be surprised if full on treason with a smoking gun direct to Trump himself is uncovered and literally nothing happens.

It would be the logical progression to all the crap that has happened in the last 2  years.

24 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Can you even imagine the reaction here if the parties were switched? 

We'd already be near the end of the impeachment hearings for HRC if this happened to her.

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

The problem is this administration has a severe lack of accountability. Trump Supporters don't care about making Trump accountable. It might not take much more than a pathetic attempt at a cover up to keep things going for Trump.

I really would not be surprised if full on treason with a smoking gun direct to Trump himself is uncovered and literally nothing happens.

It would be the logical progression to all the crap that has happened in the last 2  years.

I hate to be a broken record, but Trump's hardcore supporters are only around 20-25% of the American public.  And that's a high-end estimate.  A lot of people who voted for him did so very reluctantly and a good portion of them have already turned against him (look at his approval ratings).  So this notion that if credible evidence emerges of serious wrong-doing regarding Russia then nothing will happen to him just isn't true.  The only thing that could save him against that would be a booming economy, and I'm not even sure that would save him given the seriousness of the allegations.

Carter likes this

And in the midst of our Washington chaos, Putin has pulled the largest coup against a democratic country in the history of his leadership. He has to be laughing at our bungling incompetence of trying to cover it up by administration and botched Intelligence Committee investigation by its Chairman Numnuts Nunes. 

God help us thru this turmoil till the next election.

HolyMoses likes this