Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

PFT: Chiefs working on contract to make Eric Berry highest paid safety in the NFL

29 posts in this topic

I highly doubt they keep Poe considering how much money they have already put in on the line (Houston, Hali) and now giving a bunch to Berry.

4 minutes ago, Crazy Trav said:

I highly doubt they keep Poe considering how much money they have already put in on the line (Houston, Hali) and now giving a bunch to Berry.

when Alex Smith is your QB, you better be able to hold the opposing offense under 23 points.

I disagree.  NYG just franchised JPP and no one thought that would happen.  Poe is young, drafted talent. KC will tag him.

Expecting Berry, or Ingram, or JPP or Short to not get franchised/signed is like expecting the Falcons not to resign Beasley when the time comes.

Now, we can hope that the Chiefs have to use the tag on Berry and Poe walks, but even that isn't likely.

Any decent DLineman is going to get severely overpaid this year, lots of teams have millions of cap space they have to use.

g-dawg likes this

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

when Alex Smith is your QB, you better be able to hold the opposing offense under 23 points.

I disagree.  NYG just franchised JPP and no one thought that would happen.  Poe is young, drafted talent. KC will tag him.

Not too surprising on Berry. Great talent. Good  for him

10 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Not too surprising on Berry. Great talent. Good  for him

Yet there was post after post on "Eric Berry won't play for franchise tag" and "Falcons should get him" just like two years ago with Justin Houston.

These players rarely, almost never, make it to free agency.

On 2/27/2017 at 5:40 PM, g-dawg said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/27/report-chiefs-working-to-make-eric-berry-the-nfls-highest-paid-safety/

TATF in mourning.  

The second cut - if they sign him soon, expect Dontari Poe to be franchised.

Only half of TATF in mourning... The other half of us knew KC would never let him walk and therefore didn't get our hopes up.

falconidae and Flying Falcon like this