Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Maori Falcon Mock 1.0

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

Just a quick mock I put together of guys I want to retain, free agents and Draft. I'm really quite liking the look of JC tretter I think he could be our soloution to replacing chester. 

Re-sign
Taylor Gabriel - I'd place a 2nd round tender on him.
Patrick DiMarco - 3 year deal 4.5 Mil 1.5 per year
Ricardo Allen - 2  year 5 mil 2.5 mil per year
Levine Toilolo - 3 year 3 mil 1 mil per year
Courtney Upshaw - 2 year 2 mil 1 mil per year
Kemal Ishmael - 2 year 2.8 mil 1.4 mil per year
Laroy Reynolds - Vet min
Paul Worrilow - Vet min

Free agency
G – JC Tretter - High upside 26 year old. 10 games starting expereience and was interchangable on the GB line with little to know noticable difference. 
TE- Luke Wilson - Bring him in as a 1a 1b with hooper
DT- Terrell Mclain - Gives Quinn a Clinton McDonald clone for cheap
DE- Jared Odrick - Our starting base RDE who kicks in side in Nickel sets. He had some quite good production in Bradleys scheme in 2015 and hopefully can bring us more playing with quinn.

Draft

1. Hasson Reddick – LB- Temple-The mantra of fast and physical comes to mind when watching him. Our SLB to rush with Beasley.
2. Budda Baker, FS - Washington– He becomes our earl Thomas and competes on the backside with Ricardo Allen. I see Bob Sanders potential back there with Baker if he can stay healthy. 
3. Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE- Villanova This man causes havoc
4. Kyle Fuller, C – Baylor A solid technician who can compete for duties at G and be groomed to replace Mack.
5. Josh Harvey-Clemons, LB/S - Louiseville– Athlete that is fast and physical. Too bad he has character concerns. He could grow in to our very own Thomas Davis at LB next to Debo. 
7. BPA

I don't think LB is a real need. I'd go DL first because it's very likely a top prospect falls to us in the first. As for baker, I think you'd have to at least trade up to the early second to get him, if he doesn't go in the first. Worrilow is probably done here imo. 

I like it. Watching Hasson Reddick running around in a Falcons uniform would be fun. I assume he would play SAM and Beasley would go back to LEO in this scenario, with both coming off the edges in nickel?

I love Budda Baker and if he lasts to our 2nd round pick I will be screaming at the TV screen, but I don't know if he falls that far.

Tanoh Kpassagnon I like, but I am really struggling to see his fit. If we've got Odrick playing 4/5 tech in base and Beasley at LEO, where does he fit. Likewise in nickel, I think you'd have Beasely and Reddick on the edges. 

5 hours ago, ssippifalcon said:

I don't think LB is a real need. I'd go DL first because it's very likely a top prospect falls to us in the first. As for baker, I think you'd have to at least trade up to the early second to get him, if he doesn't go in the first. Worrilow is probably done here imo. 

We literally have 2 under contract for next season...it is a need...

Also, Campbell was injured 3x last season...he is Spoon 2.0, or at least to this point hasnt shown anything otherwise...he takes bad angles, poor tackling, bad play recognition, etc...He is still a project that got a lot of PT b/c Spoon was injured for the year and Phillip Wheeler was the other LB (who got plenty of snaps even when Campbell wasnt injured).

I think he is athletic, but to say he is ingrained as the starter, is foolish. If Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis or Haason Reddick are available in the 2nd round (low 50s)...pull the trigger...all of them would be major upgrades!

Don't flame me to bad here but...what do you guys think about re-signing Ishmael, and letting him compete with Campbell for starting Will? He surprised many people, including myself, in that game he had to play LB due to all the LB injuries we had.

8 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I like it. Watching Hasson Reddick running around in a Falcons uniform would be fun. I assume he would play SAM and Beasley would go back to LEO in this scenario, with both coming off the edges in nickel?

I love Budda Baker and if he lasts to our 2nd round pick I will be screaming at the TV screen, but I don't know if he falls that far.

Tanoh Kpassagnon I like, but I am really struggling to see his fit. If we've got Odrick playing 4/5 tech in base and Beasley at LEO, where does he fit. Likewise in nickel, I think you'd have Beasely and Reddick on the edges. 

Reddick needs to be a Falcon. He is just too good a fit for what DQ likes in a player. I think we will be good on Dline through FA. As for Baker I'd love for him to be there but since its such a deep class and he's kinda 4 or 5th ranked FS I could see him slipping. I'd take Obi if Baker is gone. Tanoh is talent, we can work him in nice and slow plus we have plenty of rotation on the line.

1 hour ago, Alomar said:

Don't flame me to bad here but...what do you guys think about re-signing Ishmael, and letting him compete with Campbell for starting Will? He surprised many people, including myself, in that game he had to play LB due to all the LB injuries we had.

He's servicable, gives us some flexibility and he will come cheap.

Alomar likes this

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Gosh,, let's not talk about losing Mack right now... We have to win a SB first...At least one or two before he goes... He's a must ...

Lol no no I want them to learn under him and play G. Alex Mack is here to stay yo

36 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Tretter has recurring injury issues.  We need better.  Sign Leary away from Dallas.  He is really the only FA I absolutely want.  

I actually think they may go young at that spot.

With Mack next to him I think he may well be ok.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

I actually think they may go young at that spot.

With Mack next to him I think he may well be ok.

Do you mean a rookie?  If so, I would caution that our offense is within its window of opportunity.  I don't think it is time to suffer a kid going through his learning curve.  

4 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Do you mean a rookie?  If so, I would caution that our offense is within its window of opportunity.  I don't think it is time to suffer a kid going through his learning curve.  

From the sounds of things Schweitzer was really close to Chester that last off season.To be honest with the way DQ quotes competition I think whoever we get will be fine because they'll be put through the ringer.