How many rings would we have???

2 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

Glanville didn't want him hefe.  He wasn't his pick.  Brett was so messed up on alcohol and drugs while he was here that he missed the team photo.

So even had Brett been clean,while he was here Jerry wasn't going to play him.

This is discussed every offseason.  "What if... Brett Farve..."  Brett has said it and several players from the Falcons at the time have said it, Brett Farve would never have been "Brett Farve" in Atlanta.  So to answer your question: 0.

Thanks for the answer lol. You are the only one to actually answer the questions asked.

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I signed up because I like the Falcons and other people's opinions on the team? Not everyone gets on here to lick their wounds about the past like you. And I said their MISTAKES have no bearing on my life. Quit changing it up to fit your agenda.

Nevermind I see why you created one. Obviously it was to be an aggravating c***. If you don't like somebody's reason for posting Then don't even indulge in the conversation.

55 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

Never said he would have been a HOFer here just think he may have grown up a bit in his mid 20's. Maybe like roddy did? A late blooming favre would have been ik with me. Maybe im the only one who believes with all love he had for the game that he would have eventually been good for any team? I don't think many HOFers are products of a system.

There is zero logical reason to believe that he would have changed.

He was on a self-destructive path, and was headed downhill only. That doesn't change just because. There has to be some significant change, ie. Green Bay.

Don't compare this to Roddy. There is no comparison there. Attempting such only shows further lack of understanding of Farve's time here.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

There is zero logical reason to believe that he would have changed.

He was on a self-destructive path, and was headed downhill only. That doesn't change just because. There has to be some significant change, ie. Green Bay.

Don't compare this to Roddy. There is no comparison there. Attempting such only shows further lack of understanding of Farve's time here.

Lmao sounds almost identical to the roddy situation. Besides ones a qb and one is a wr. Either way im sure I understand the situation just as well as anybody on these forums do.

10 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

Lmao sounds almost identical to the roddy situation. Besides ones a qb and one is a wr. Either way im sure I understand the situation just as well as anybody on these forums do.

You didn't even know anything about Farve's time here until someone in this thread explained it to you.

You're just deciding he would've been fine b/c it suits your narrative. You should do research on this before posting on it more.

Just now, Malachore said:

Roddy was lazy and ate like crap. Favre was lazy and a substance abuser.

Did Roddy miss his team photo b/c he was out all night before drinking?

Farve, by his own admission, would've destroyed himself in bars and Atlanta nightclubs had he stayed. Getting traded may have done more than just saved his career, it quite possibly may have saved his life.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

You didn't even know anything about Farve's time here until someone in this thread explained it to you.

You're just deciding he would've been fine b/c it suits your narrative. You should do research on this before posting on it more.

Go read the sports illustrated article where it cleary stated that favre was treated like trash. Not from the time he starting messing up from the very day we drafted him. Go do a little research yourself buddy. Just read the article and all the quotes from his teamates.

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Did Roddy miss his team photo b/c he was out all night before drinking?

Farve, by his own admission, would've destroyed himself in bars and Atlanta nightclubs had he stayed. Getting traded may have done more than just saved his career, it quite possibly may have saved his life.

No roddy just showed up to practice drunk as h*** from being out at magic city all night with vick, but I guess that has nothing on missing a team picture. If I were a coach I believe id rather you keep your drunk @ss at home like favre did. Just my opinion. Dont get so salty

7 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

Go read the sports illustrated article where it cleary stated that favre was treated like trash. Not from the time he starting messing up from the very day we drafted him. Go do a little research yourself buddy. Just read the article and all the quotes from his teamates.

That's what you got from that article? That Farve would have been just fine had he been treated better?

3 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

No roddy just showed up to practice drunk as h*** from being out at magic city all night with vick, but I guess that has nothing on missing a team picture. If I were a coach I believe id rather you keep your drunk @ss at home like favre did. Just my opinion. Dont get so salty

You're clearly the "salty" one here. Your narrative was flawed from the start, and when called on it, rather than try to learn, you dug your heels in, and just rejected anything that doesn't fit your agenda.

Just now, hjerry said:

That's what you got from that article? That Farve would have been just fine had he been treated better?

You're clearly the "salty" one here. Your narrative was flawed from the start, and when called on it, rather than try to learn, you dug your heels in, and just rejected anything that doesn't fit your agenda.

Lol think what you want. I just don't think favre was as bad as everyone put out. And yea reading the article made me think it was more on us than favre. Your entitled to your opinion the same way I am. Therefore ill end the conversation. 

6 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Based on our history, we would have found some way to **** it up. 

Glanville would have shown up drunk to our first SB... Favre would have shown up drunk to the second We would have been up 36-13 on Denver in our 3rd when the Goodyear Blimp crashed into our sidelines. We would have eventually lost 41-36.

you never know, Elvis might have actually showed up to Roll Call and picked up tickets to the Super Bowl if Glanville had left THEM for him......:ninja:

We should have at least two and maybe as many as five rings:

1980 - Leeman got too conservative and Too Tall jumped offside

1998 - Chandelier threw three second half picks that led to 14 points

2004 - Blank should have let Reeves coach that team. We probably would have beat PHI that year

2012 - Offense shut down in the 2nd half, Ryan forced to Roddy and Dougle tripped over a hash mark

2016 - vaunted offense held to 21 points. Rookie defense allows 31 points in the last 21 minutes.

11 hours ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

In 1991 we drafted Brett Favre. He had a hall of fame career that ran through until 2010 not saying for sure that he would have been the same qb with us, but **** imagine having farve for 25+ years. Imagine how good some of our team would have been from the 90's-now how much would he have changed our franchise? I have to atleast believe we would have one or two rings and im pretty sure we would have a +500.00 franchise record. Thoughts?

Ever read his biography "Gun Slinger?" Zero. We had the Smiths owning the team, Glanville as HC, and Farve was a raging drunk. The scene was bad. The GM, can't remember the name took Farve even though Glanville didn't want him. It was doomed from the beginning 

Everyone forgets about the '80' team or rather mist probably don't know about them cause I'm old , but they were by far the best team in the league that year and once again coaching got us best .... Bennet went conservative,  and I feel like if Vick had taken his job more seriously wed had a ring in his tenure ...jmo

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Can I join you ? :bang:

Plenty of room to bang your head against a wall with me. 

I watched the NFL Network condensed version of the NFC Championship last night and for the most part it was great - it's my best moment to date as a Falcons fan.

But ****, this team was just SO good that I still can't believe we didn't finish it. We blew everyone right out of the playoffs. For 11 of 12 quarters. 

I hope we can carry it all into next year and get right back.

The alternative is too depressing to think about.