98 Falcons vs 2016 Falcons

46 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The stretch zone running concepts gutted the 98 team in the SB.  We run the same system. 

Gutted? LMAO. DEN averaged a whopping 3.4 ypc on our run defense.

Chris Chandler gutted the 98 team with his three second half picks.

All three were returned into our territory and led to 14 points.

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Quinn is incredibly gifted at putting together a game plan.  Far better than Reeves..

Uh... I think Quinn is better at adjustments in game(as example the way we played better in the second half over the season), not sure of actual game plan when compared to Reeves(That tented to start fast and or be solid most of the game).

21 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Uh... I think Quinn is better at adjustments in game(as example the way we played better in the second half over the season), not sure of actual game plan when compared to Reeves(That tented to start fast and or be solid most of the game).

I would say look at the half time score of each of our playoff games..once Quinn took over calling our D after KC, we were up 2 or more scores going into halftime of each of our games

39 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Gutted? LMAO. DEN averaged a whopping 3.4 ypc on our run defense.

Chris Chandler gutted the 98 team with his three second half picks.

All three were returned into our territory and led to 14 points.

Davis had an easy 100 yards...the only reason he was under 5 ypc is bc they were running click on the 2nd half.  

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Davis had an easy 100 yards...the only reason he was under 5 ypc is bc they were running click on the 2nd half.  

Davis was held to 4.0 ypc. He averaged 5.1 that year. DEN averaged 4.7 per carry as a team. We held their vaunted stretch zone to 3.4 ypc in the Bowl.

The 98 run defense was 2nd in the league, allowing a franchise record low 75 rush yards per game. The 16 team would have had trouble running on them.

I also think the 98 offense would have scored on the 16 defense and kept that offense on the bench.

IMO comparing any team to one 20 years ago is not really fair.

I think it's sort of like technology. A cellphone today would not be comparable to one 20 years ago. 

With that being said, I feel the 16 team would blow the doors off the 98 team based off how the game has evolved so much and the tools we have now which were not available in 98. 

3 hours ago, GeorgiaFalconFan said:

This is really stupid for people to compare. 

Here's the THING. THE COACH THAT COACHED THE FALCONS IN THE VIKINGS GAME WAS NOT DAN REEVES!!!!!!! When he come back for the SUPERBOWL they LOST!!!

That game hurt me as a Falcons fan. Why?  Because I had the mind set at the time thinking : "Hey The Falcons are facing the broncos in the SUPERBOWL and Dan Reeves is coming back, and WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT ELWAY and the Broncos than Dan Reeves at the time since he was their former coach"........ 

That was one of the biggest let downs ever. 

I'll continue to watch the Falcons, but I will always Question the NFL where being legit goes. 

The FEEL GOOD STORY FOR THE NFL always makes the owners and powers that be MORE MONEY. 

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the Falcons WON the superbowl this season because they opened a new stadium, and that makes me think even further as to why they were in the superbowl to begin with, perhaps the NFL powers that be wanted to make sure a NEW STADIUM BEING OPENED HAD A GRAND OPENING RATHER THAN ANOTHER TEAM WITH A LOSING SEASON. 

And Brady is the POSTER CHILD OF THE NFL. NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT> 

Either way : Here's the thing, I'm talking about it, we are all talking about it, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED BY THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MY OPINION HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

GO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Reeves coached the Vikings game and the Superbowl.

If the 2016 team played any other Falcon team,,IMO the team we have now would have blown them off the field.. I'm sorry to hurt your feelings,, And I've been a Falcon fan since 1973,, so I have no reason to not tell you the truth,, Which I always do BTW.. I absolutely do not lie.. My Grandpa taught me not too... laugh if you want.. but it's true. And I'm glad I can say that.. I sometimes lay down in the bed at night and toss and turn for about 30 seconds before I go to sleep .. And no , I don't take any sleeping aid.. I just have a clear clean conscious. I don't do right for People,, I do right for Gods Glory who is my father and I want to please Him. And by doing so.. I'm living like God intended for people to live from the beginning of time. "Peace is the product of antiquity  resources".  Not only is Jesus necessary, Jesus is enough. 

Well, the evangelist just came out of me.. it's who I am.. I have to hold back but sometimes I just can't help it... "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro through out the whole earth , to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him." 11 Chronicles 16:9

Now don't get mad at me,, It is Sunday ya know.... Draftnut is also a Bible Nut. I might be a Nut, but I'm screwed on the right bolt... I have joy deep down in my soul.. Do you?? You can if you will... If you need help,, just PM me.. I live to help people find the way....Thank you, John

13 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I would say look at the half time score of each of our playoff games..once Quinn took over calling our D after KC, we were up 2 or more scores going into halftime of each of our games

I am comparing Quinn to Reeves, not versus weather they could do it or not.

Older Dan reminded me a lot of Chan Gailey where the Game plan would be great going into the game but lacked the same skills to adjust later. 

Quinn Seems to have a solid game plan but gets better, especially on defense, as the game goes along.

Most of the second halves in our last few games we wasn't being out coached necessarily as much as playing the clock with such a young defense and big lead.

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17
18 hours ago, Miller2Rison said:

Reeves would have won that game for sure, that woulda been run, run, run, field goal.

18 hours ago, james b said:

That's no longer debatable IMO... However I'd rather had Dan Reeves coaching the last six minutes SB 51.

anyone on this board would have won that game....