98 Falcons vs 2016 Falcons

3 minutes ago, Miller2Rison said:

Reeves would have won that game for sure, that woulda been run, run, run, field goal.

I'm not bashing Quinn, he is young in coaching years.  It's just an experience thing, thats all.  I love both the 98 and 16 falcons, but the way our front office has been killing it the last few years... hopefully the 2017 Falcons trumps both of them.

5 minutes ago, james b said:

I'm not bashing Quinn, he is young in coaching years.  It's just an experience thing, thats all.  I love both the 98 and 16 falcons, but the way our front office has been killing it the last few years... hopefully the 2017 Falcons trumps both of them.

Going back to the Seahawks-Pats game which is another game DQ was a part of the coaching staff in terrible play call situations, I was watching top 10 catches on NFLN earlier and to see that 1st and goal INT, I noticed the receiver was initially open on the slant and not only was the route jumped it also should have been defensive PI.  That's neither here or there but go back and watch the tape on that play again and u can see it was pretty poor officiating. They woulda called it on Alford for sure lol.

Edit; I also didn't realize they were on the freakin 1 yard line, they coulda QB snuck and won.

Edited by Miller2Rison

The 2004 Falcons had the potential to be the best interest team in franchise history. Good defense, good RBs, super star QB. I think receiver and DB were the weak links on that team but if that QB would have applied his self more that team would have won it all. Even with the mobility of today's QB they will never compare to Vick's god given but wasted talent.

2 hours ago, james b said:

That's no longer debatable IMO... However I'd rather had Dan Reeves coaching the last six minutes SB 51.

2 hours ago, Miller2Rison said:

Reeves would have won that game for sure, that woulda been run, run, run, field goal.

The thing is... How would have Reeves have done up until then, since you cannot separate preferred parts and mix and much. Dan more than likely would have been a much more conservative guy with the Rookies Than Dan (#2) was. Also, would he have been so inclined to make the personal moves to upgrade the roster in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The thing is... How would have Reeves have done up until then, since you cannot separate preferred parts and mix and much. Dan more than likely would have been a much more conservative guy with the Rookies Than Dan (#2) was. Also, would he have been so inclined to make the personal moves to upgrade the roster in the first place.

Quinn is incredibly gifted at putting together a game plan.  Far better than Reeves..

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Our team would have been built completely different with Reeves. Woulda been Smitty like but with a better D

This is really stupid for people to compare. 

Here's the THING. THE COACH THAT COACHED THE FALCONS IN THE VIKINGS GAME WAS NOT DAN REEVES!!!!!!! When he come back for the SUPERBOWL they LOST!!!

That game hurt me as a Falcons fan. Why?  Because I had the mind set at the time thinking : "Hey The Falcons are facing the broncos in the SUPERBOWL and Dan Reeves is coming back, and WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT ELWAY and the Broncos than Dan Reeves at the time since he was their former coach"........ 

That was one of the biggest let downs ever. 

I'll continue to watch the Falcons, but I will always Question the NFL where being legit goes. 

The FEEL GOOD STORY FOR THE NFL always makes the owners and powers that be MORE MONEY. 

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the Falcons WON the superbowl this season because they opened a new stadium, and that makes me think even further as to why they were in the superbowl to begin with, perhaps the NFL powers that be wanted to make sure a NEW STADIUM BEING OPENED HAD A GRAND OPENING RATHER THAN ANOTHER TEAM WITH A LOSING SEASON. 

And Brady is the POSTER CHILD OF THE NFL. NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT> 

Either way : Here's the thing, I'm talking about it, we are all talking about it, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED BY THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MY OPINION HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

GO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I just said the last six minutes of the game, I never said anything about personnel moves.  Your reading too much into my statement and ignoring my other statement about experience as a coach.  I just think a more experienced coached would have won that game for us.  This will come with time.

12 minutes ago, RiversideFalcon said:

Can I find a genie and take the first three quarters from SB 51, that is 28-09?

But then take the fourth quarter from SB 33, that is 13-17?

41-26 victory for Falcons in SB 51, can I?

Can I?

NVM,  what a stupid post. 

It's not stupid.  If I could do that I would.  After the Julio catch I would just turn off the TV and just never turn on the TV  and radio again and pretend we won the super bowl.  If only it could work like that.

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Blowout...2016 Falcons would make the 98 Dirty Birds one dimensional.  No doubt in my mind this Falcons team is the best in franchise history

98 team was better in my mind... They would run the ball down our throats. Jamal Anderson was nasty that year and we were a beast in the trenches. We beat the 98 Vikings and that was a game they had no business winning. Coming out of the NFC was TOUGH.